Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Say goodbye to my untattooed neck!

Yay! I am excited to get tattooed tomorrow, and get my leg traced. Annnd today was an awesome day. I got off work at 3:30 and Hank and I spent the whole evening on a long walk downtown, as usual. We walked to Thaifoon and had our regular- he got satay with peanut sauce and fresh tofu, and I got my special dish they make me, healthy veggies and fresh tofu. It's so spicy and so good! Addy came and joined us for awhile which was nice, I love him. We walked home and Dustin was on our front porch, so the guys watched basketball while I crawled into bed and watched Weeds while I dozed in and out. I love to nap. I ended up waking up around 8pm or so, and went to the gym.

Now I'm just sitting here thinking about some of the emotions I went through this evening- I really got upset about stupid stuff, let it get to me. I have to remember that some people are negative and I cannot, cannot, cannot take it personally. It's so hard for me and it sounds so stupid (I hate that I wrote about this yesterday too), but it's very hard for me to not get bummed out when friends are short, or mean, or just rude. I'm not typically a sensitive person, I have thick skin, but I am talking about close friends here, not the typical acquaintances. I talked to Hank about this for a long time, and he helped so much. I can't worry about other people, they have their reasons for being shitty, and if they want to be shitty and take it out on me, or be rude, that's their deal. I don't have to let them affect me! I am not going to write about this again in this blog, it's a waste of time, whiney, and just plain redundant. So farewell to that topic!

So, to bed I go. I can't get over that I have about 20 days left of work. This summer is going to be amazing, I can't wait.

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I came across your blog from babycakes and your op in the monday post is just perfect, this one is cute too from what I can see. What are you getting tattooed on your neck? I read a couple of entries down and I'm very interested in following. I hope you don't mind. I'm Dorian. Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so know what you mean with the whole negative friends thing, have been going through the same thing myself. I too need to remember that you just have to let it go and wash over you!!! It is annoying though when it gets to you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way when it comes to negative people in my life, I constantly question myself and ask what i could've done to make them upset. But, then my husband (just like Hank), said the same thing, that I can't change anyone, and if they want to be like that,then i have to accept it and move on. :)

    I have a question for you, It's obvious you have a lot of tattoos, and you work in a professional setting, do people ever say anything to you about it?
    I've been wanting to get something on my forearm, and i already have a half sleeve and somtething on my wrist, and everyone is giving me their two cents about the job world and how quickly I'll be judged. I know being judged came with the tattoos, so I don't really mind that. But maybe I'm naive, but I think a lot of people are becoming accustom to body modifications.

    (sorry so long!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dorian! Pleasure to meet you :). I love new friends, the more the merrier.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Miss Matryoshka

    Yes, it stinks. Thanks for letting me know I am not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan,
    We have some awesome hubbies! Isn't it funny how some outside perspective makes everything better? I felt immediately great after that conversation, and I haven't been bothered by it since!

    To answer your question, no one ever says anything but no one really knows. I do experience a kind of shock when they do find out, and then they just don't know what to think of me. Their first impression is that I am some prudish church girl because I always cover up everything...but then they find out why and are usually confused.
    The one thing I will say to you is think really hard about your forearm. Even though I have a lot of tattoos, I choose to do a 3/4 sleeve (it's even a bit higher than that) because I knew I couldn't wear long sleeves everyday. I have a lot more options wearing 3/4 stuff with tops and cardigans.
    Will you have to cover it up everyday? Just be sure you are prepared to cover it everyday until you retire! That can get really old, fast.
    You are so sweet, I'm glad we are blogger friends. :)
    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips