Monday, September 21, 2009

Manicure Monday - "Shrimply Divine"

I am loving my new nail polish, and I love that I don't have to pay $ for a manicure, it takes me 5 minutes to give myself an awesome one at home. I am really afraid of fungus and germs at those places anyway, and I like to spend my money on more permanent things...so home manicures and pedicures it is!

Today was a good day. I woke up around 4:45am and got my butt to the gym for 20 minutes of cardio and then about 40 minutes of weights. I am really intent on losing this last little bit of weight and I finally feel inspired enough to not just maintain like I've been doing for years, but to make a few changes to get me exactly where I want to be. Anyway, after the gym I came home, showered and snuggled with Hank a bit before I went to work. I had a great day, despite some annoyances there, but that's the way it goes. After work Hank and I joined Robyn on a hike up through the Dells and it was really, really nice to be outdoors. I am very much an indoor girl, and as much as I'd like to be more "outdoorsy," I was reminded yet again how hard that may be, when I almost went running down the trail when I heard some quail fly out of the bushes. I mistook that sound for the low growl of a mountain lion...weird I know, but I SWEAR it sounded just like it. Haha.

After the hike Hank and I did our usual little dinner thing and made mini burritos on Ezekial corn tortillas. I swear, I use about three different Ezekial products a day, I love all of their stuff. Now I'm just relaxing and about to head to sleep in a minute. Gym again bright and early. I must stay motivated to keep up the early workouts so good sleep is a must!

I hope all of you had a great Monday!

8 comments:

  1. I have been scared to try their products, because the bread seems so... stiff, i guess.
    But if you are in love with it, maybe I will have to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so I would suggest getting the cinnamon raisin bread to start, and see if you like that. I also regularly use their sprouted grain tortillas for wraps and pizzas, their hamburger buns for awesome veggie burgers, and their english muffins are SO SO good, especially the cinnamon raisin ones. MMMM

    Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comment, that was so sweet!
    so sorry i've never commented on your blog or anything (or have i? terrible memory!) but i love reading yours too.
    it's weird but cool, wanting to know what happens in the life of what is basically a total stranger...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi love!
    First of all, I love the polish color!
    Second, I'm so terrible about commenting on your blog & for that I'm so sorry! Every time I'm about to write something, one of my darling littles comes a callin.
    Anyway, I LOVE reading about your daily life!
    Can't wait to see you Saturday! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Ezekial stuff too. Love the nails, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying to do my own nails for quite some time but always give up because I can't paint my right hand with my left hand. My right hand being the dominant hand. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about the fungus thing :P
    Every time I go to the nail salon, I usually end up looking at the nail drills sitting in the tables and you can just TELL they aren't clean.
    I'm a cosmetologist (I'm a master cosmo so I did face, hair AND nails), so I know what the standards are for clean and they usually aren't at places like that. So DUDE, I don't blame you at ALL for doing it yourself! :) And that color is fantastic, just FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dorian...I used to be really bad at it but with practice I feel almost ambidextrous with nailpolish! Practice would be my only advice! <3

    And thanks everyone for the compliments on the color, it is still going strong! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips