Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ups and downs

Today was such a weird day. I had a very strange emotional night last night, to the point of almost crying myself to sleep with Hank holding me! Gag. I hate feeling that way...and really for no reason! I just felt stressed out and full of anxiety and when I get that way there's usually not a reason for it, it's just a feeling in me and once I get through it I am fine. But while it's there, it's bad. So anyway I went to bed feeling not so well, and I woke up feeling not so well either. This carried throughout my day, and whether it was my mood, or my kids just being jerky, it wasn't a good day in my classroom. I got home and fell asleep on the couch, basically feeling hopeless and just very sad overall. I woke myself up because I had a gym date with my friend Robyn (I ended up waking up too late and miss the "Pump Iron" class, boo), but I made it to Spin class. The class was just what I needed, and 60 very hard minutes later I was covered in sweat and everything negative in my body had left. I came home feeling great and when Hank got home from practice he could tell I was back to normal.

I spent the rest of the night making a little video (below) to announce the winner of the giveaway- yay Chelsea- and then hanging out with Lance and Hank for awhile. I'm whitening my teeth right now and then I am hitting the hay. Tomorrow I am determined to have an amazing, positive day no matter what. After work Robyn and I have a long run planned through downtown and I am really looking forward to that. She's an awesome workout partner and I feel very fortunate to be able to have a friend to share my fitness adventures with!

So, that's it for now. I hope all of you also choose to have a wonderful, positive day. It's easier said than done, but it really is a choice, and no matter how you feel right now, you can choose to wake up tomorrow and make the best of it.

Here's to a great day! And a goodnight... :)

4 comments:

  1. so awesome you have a fitness partner! i'm jealous for sure. it's so easy to get lazy and throw yourself a pity party when you feel down. yay for sticking to it and kicking butt in your spin class! let's hope i can do the same tomorrow after a crappy night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word...i get those days too, they terrible, i sometimes think i am going crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...also quick question, how did you get so many people to follow your blog? (Amazing)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when i let myself get into a funk-it's so hard to get out of and usually it's for no reason or just for something stupid-who knows why we both do that..anyways i think as we both have gotten older, we don't allow ourselves to stay in that negative place too long and we can usually snap ourselves out of it MUCH faster than we used to! :) Are you coming this weekend? I miss you!!! ML

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips