Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday, Monday


Monday, originally uploaded by daniellehampton.

Today was a good, good day. I woke up and said "Eff you anxiety, I am not losing another good time to YOU!" Now, I don't really feel that I have total control of telling my anxiety when to stay away, but today I was clear-headed and feeling great, which is just what I needed. It was the first day back to work after ten days off, so I was excited to see my kiddos again and begin my favorite unit of the whole year, The Crucible...just in time for spooky October! I love it. My students were all in good spirits, my lovely friends at work brightened my day as always, and overall I felt awesome. I did feel sick last night, both mentally and physically, but I took off from the gym tonight and I am feeling much better. I realized I had worked out hard for five days in a row, so my body definitely needed a break and tonight it got just that. I camped out on the couch with Ms. Madeline, got myself some Subway, and indulged in glorious TV! I watched Jim and Pam get married on The Office, caught up on Rachel Zoe, Real Housewives of Atlanta, and Mad Men. Sigh....it was much needed and I soaked up every moment of it. I should really get to sleep now, but I wanted to write a quick entry about my wonderful night of nothing. Sweet dreams everyone!

5 comments:

  1. plus you got two very large tattoos worked on, on the same day. that in itself is very draining, and can make your immune system weaker. nice to hear that you got to have some quality alone time to recover. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have those days as well, and a few years ago i had them constantly. sometimes you just need to zone out infront of some silly tv show and give yourself a hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle What's your regimen for taking care of your tattoos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Sometimes a bit of chilling out can do the world of good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your tatties look great! i'm so jealous! I love the Crucible! Kim is my favorite Atlanta housewife, I noticed that they put an In Memory of AJ at the end of the episode..that is sad! I wonder how he died..? Last but not least I totaly understand what you are going through with the anxiety I've been on Paxil for a year because it was completely disabling for me,if u can find a way to cope without drugs that's what i recommend because although it had turned my life around, i wish i wasn't on them.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips