Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Wednesday before Christmas!

YES! I am SO excited for the holidays to officially be here. I spent the morning baking with my mom and sis-in-law, and we created such wonderful goodies! One of the things I enjoy most in life is baking, and I also love putting goodies together in a pretty presentation. My sister-in-law, Brooke, is opening up a bakery here in Prescott and I really can't wait to do my part there and have fun making things pretty.

I'm currently listening to music and waiting for Hank to get home from work, and then we are having a little night-before-Christmas Eve dinner get-together at Taj Mahal, a local Indian restaurant downtown. They have the most delicious food and I can't wait.

I also wanted to let you guys know that I added a search feature up there, at the upper right corner of my layout. My friend Lauren suggested this, and I think it will be a helpful tool for finding past entries. Try it, and let me know what you think!

And now, pictures...

me at this very moment, saying "HI!" (yes I was actually waving...nerd alert!)
helllooo!

getting the cookies out of the oven, and prepped for decorating-
lining them up...

icing- I am loving these colors.
icing!

some serious, some silly!
silly

cute little man
cute little man

pull away wreaths
pull away wreaths

finished presentation! TA-DA!
finished presentation! :)

23 comments:

  1. you did a great job and that food display makes it even better. man i want your camera its so crisp. what model is it? do u know how much it cost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics. nice cookies. expect some pics of my own too soon. cookie time yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could get the courage to try out icing on my cookies! Especially after seeing how cute yours are! So far I'm sticking with just chocolate chip and peanut butter this year. about 6 dozen of each?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh those icing colours are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god those candy cane cookies are about the cutest things I have ever seen. It's already Christmas Eve here on my side of the world so I'm pretty excited!
    Hope you have the best Christmas :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummmm what are those powder sugar covered things on the second tier? they look like these christmas cookies my neighbor used to make when i was a kid and i never figured out what they are. is there a filling in them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am in the process of doing this right now! haha. i LOVE cookies and treats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. myownlittleuniverse- they're Mexican wedding cookies! Delicious! :) No filling though. Let me know if you want the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummm! what are the green wreath things made of? they look very interesting! i've been baking all evening as well. love this time of the year for that reason.

    p.s. thanks for the search bar (and the link to me, haha) <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. What are Pull Away Wreaths? They look really good! PS it's tradition to always make Mexican Wedding Cakes at my house! I used to love them but I can only eat like one a holiday now!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks yummy!love all the colors!
    im making rum balls all day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a lovely display :).

    i'll be cooking up a storm tomorrow too. on the list:

    *3 batches of peppermint bark
    *homemade mashed potatoes
    *bread pudding

    AND...a million loose ends to tie up on presents. hmmm...i should probably go do that now instead of blogging.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cookies look marvelous! And the colors are so vibrant!! <3

    What kind of frosting or icing did you use? I tried royal icing for mine... it's the kind where it hardens when you let it sit for a while, so it was really hard to decorate! But on the upside, it comes out beautifully... What do you recommend??

    ReplyDelete
  14. que ricooo = means delicius!!! have a happy 24!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! All your cookies look awesome. Hope you have an awesome christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUM!!! I wish I was a cute little baker!!! My poor girls....

    ReplyDelete
  17. yuum these look wonderful! i hope your christmas and christmas eve are fantastic!!

    don't forget to enter my giveaway pretty girl <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. those cookies are beyond amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything looks so yummy. I can't imagine how amazing it will be once your sister in law opens up that bakery. I'm sure it'll be heaven for the eyes and taste buds.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those look so delicious! I'd love to work in a bakery. Although I'd probably weigh a ton after the first month. Indian food for Christmas Eve...so jealous. :) You have a wonderful blog here and I'm so happy I stumbled upon it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. yummo!
    Happy christmas to you and yours!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips