Monday, December 28, 2009

New week/last week

I love new weeks, and this week is especially wonderful because it marks the end of 2009. I first need to apologize big time for the pretty obnoxious year-in-review heavy image posts. I promise I won't do that again. I miss livejournal cuts, and being able to hide everything so neatly. Thanks for continuing to read my blog, even if all of those photos were a bother! As the maker of those memories though, I have to say how nice it is to be able to look back and see all of those happy things. I'm really, really looking forward to 2010 though- Hank and I have some pretty huge things coming up and 2010 may just shape up to be the best year of our lives so far!

Christmas this year was good to us. I feel very lucky and so incredibly grateful for our generous family members. This evening we celebrated our third Christmas celebration with Hank's Dad and family and one of the presents we received was a Flip Cam! We're so stoked on this little thing and I'm excited to start using it tomorrow. Later in the evening we celebrated Amber's birthday with pizza and a Wii session, and had a great time. I enjoy nights in so much more than going out. Amber and I were discussing how last year we would have been out on the town, but this year is just so much more laid back. I am completely over going out, and I'm unsure if this is just a phase I'm in, or if this is just the way it is. I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day- I am literally cleaning every last nook and cranny of our house! Amber's wise mama says that in order to have a great new year, your house must be clean going into that year. SO...organizing, cleaning, dusting, etc. will take place tomorrow. I'm probably going to be cleaning out my closet too, so I may or may not put some things on ebay. If I do, I'll post a link here.

Does anyone else get super excited about fresh starts?!

Stay tuned for a little giveaway (maybe tomorrow), a 2010 post, and a fun video I'm going to start working on tomorrow with the Flip.

I also wanted to add a little note, inspired by Ms. Biscuit's post here, about how much I appreciate each and every one of you. I read every single one of the blogs I follow every single day, but due to time constraints I can't always comment. But I am reading your posts, promise. I also appreciate every single comment that is left in my blog, and each one makes me smile. I wish there was a feature to comment back on each individual comment, but unfortunately there isn't. Just know that I do read them and see them, and love them. I just want to be sure that you all know that I appreciate you, and I am so grateful for your input and interest in my little corner of the internet- thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. :)

<3

Goodnight!

25 comments:

  1. You are the cutest couple, I've only been reading your blog for a couple of weeks but I love it. Hope 2010 will be even better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally loved your image-heavy 2009 review posts...but I love picture posts. I'm the same with cleaning the house for the new year! Out with the old, in with the new. Have a Zen 2010 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been reading your blog since you started here on blogspot and i just love it. You are so sweet and i love your positivity. You positivity is something so inspiring to me that i have brought it into my own life and couldnt be happier.

    Happy holidays to you & Hank, and the rest of your family from one Jersey girl to another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no, thankyou! i know I loved reading the photo blogs, I'm sure everyone else did too!

    hope you, hank and madeline have a great new year x

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey danielle,

    just recently discovered your blog, and I just had to read it all...I mean, the whole thing! ;-) its too cute! ;-)
    and I love image posts! ;-)

    xoxo trine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post cheered my whole day up! Happy to start my Monday now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you have an awesome week! ps i liked the year in review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say, your blog is soo lovely !! I only wish I had stumbled upon it sooner! It's already inspired me so much! I adore your style and you and your husband are wicked cute together! Thanks for sharing so much with us fellow bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed the picture post! I hope your new year is amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your image heavy 2009 year end review posts were FANTASTIC! So don't apologise for them, it was truly great!
    & Like someone else said above, I've been reading this since you started on blogpost and you are one my favourite blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys are so adorable! I can't wait to see what you have coming up this next year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love reading your blog these past few weeks and i do plan on reading it all through 2010, too!

    i liked the idea of going into 2010 with a clean home.

    i hope you and yours have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really like your year reviews! and i hope you have a great new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. don't apologize for your adorable 2009 posts! it will be so nice in years to come to be able to look back on them <3

    and thank you for your blog...as i've said a couple times, i always get inspired or more motivated from your positivity :) you really do help a lot of people and i'm so happy i've found you on here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I too love the image heavy posts! As a newish reader, it was a great way to "meet" you.

    So love to clean house for the new year...like you said a fresh start! I always try to wear a new outfit New Year's day as well: )

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved seeing your pictures and your year! No worries at all! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just post your stuff for sale on here! I'm sure all your followers would be into that, especially ME! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just got the kindle and I LOVE IT. I think it is the best gift an English nerd can receive!

    I love the picture posts, but would love more captions to go with them.

    Hope 2010 is great for you

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're amazing! You're only four years older, but I honestly aspire to be more like you :)

    I have a question. I notice you wear a lot of strapless fun sundresses/party dresses (which I love, but don't have enough of!) I was wondering (sort of a weird question......) if you wear a bra with them, or if they have built ins, etc. If so, where did you find such a fantastic strapless bra?! I love strapless dresses and I find most of my strapless bras make me look pudgy around the armpit and awkward... yours always look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. And to be clear, I meant that I want to be more like you in a "when I grow up" way... which is why I mentioned the age difference.. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You two are so adorable. I'm a new reader and I'm in love with your blog! Can't get enough.

    And I totally agree about the livejournal cuts. I LOVED that feature! Good old LJ days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I started reading your blog a couple of weeks ago and I love it. The same way I loved your 'year in review' posts. i'm jealous of you and Hank getting a Flip. I've been wanting one for a while now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. awww you are so sweet, i wonder why the name of your blog XDD!! thanks, well i´m new but i like your blog!! have a nice new year, and be happy allways ;)
    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  24. awww,it was lovely to look back on your year,so no need to apologise!

    i totally agree with you on the staying in thing,i am so not into going out much!i used to force myself to go out to clubs every week,and a lot of 2008 was spent doing so.but i came to realise it really wasn't me,and the friends that came with that period of time,well they weren't great friends.

    and now i feel so much happier.i have come to accept who i am and that i am a little homebody/recluse!and i love it!

    i think maybe a good mix of the two though could be good also,especially as you seem to have such a lovely group of friends!but yes,yaaay for staying in!

    love reading your blog so much,it brightens up my day! <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is strange when you hit the age where you just don't have interest in going out, sleeping in, or drinking. I've been like that for the last few months. I love movie nights in or Wii sessions! It's a much cozier, intimate, fun time!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips