Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wednesday, I'm in love!

Another good day today! Sometimes I feel like it's silly to always write that my day was good/great...but the majority of the time my days are really fantastic. I try to keep a very positive mental attitude, and I think after so many years of practicing this, it's truly become second nature. I feel really lucky I am able to rise above negativity and succeed at the old mantra "mind over matter."

So yeah, today was excellent. My kids were all in good moods and it was a fairly easy work day. Every Wednesday we have half days for teacher in-services and today our "hour long" meeting lasted about fifteen minutes so I was able to get to the gym around 3pm which was great! I got my workout done early and I love when that happens. Today I did a quick little 40 minutes of cardio on the octane cross-trainer and then lifted for about 20 minutes, working on my upper body today. I haven't talked about this in awhile, but one of my main hobbies is working out and exercising in any shape or form. I grew up taking dance classes and playing soccer, so I've always been active. I was a very competitive athlete in high school, and after spending my entire life involved in performance or athletics, its only natural I am so involved in fitness! For awhile I toyed with the idea of becoming a personal trainer but I didn't end up going that way. I currently go to the gym about 5-6 days a week and really enjoy it. I'm definitely not in "perfect" shape by any means, but I feel confident and happy with how I look so I guess that's all that matters. I used to get into phases where I'd want to lose 10 pounds, or become obsessed with toning up this or that...but my weight now is comfortable and I'm able to indulge and eat yummy food when I choose to, so I am pretty happy where I am. I know it's always a struggle though for many females, and in college I dealt with an eating disorder. Most people in my life know about this, but it's still pretty unnerving to put it out there on the internet. Perhaps someday soon I will go into more detail about this, I think it would be interesting to tell that chapter of my life. But I mention this because it's been a long road for me to be accepting of my body and happy with how I look...and still there are some days when I feel like a big chubby blob...but overall I'm doing really well. And that's awesome. I could go on about this topic forever, but I will stop here and dedicate an entire post to this sometime in the next couple of weeks.

After my workout I came home and proceeded to fall asleep with my computer on my lap. I woke up around 6pm to Hank, home from work and we headed over to his Grandma's for our weekly dinner. It was a fun time. Now I'm home, thinking about going to bed early (before midnight is early for me!). Tomorrow my main plans are work, workout, and mail off about 4 packages. Fun. ;)

Here are some photos:

the military jacket some of you asked about from yesterday's pictures-
military coat

Wednesday

details- I am loving the bow on this skirt!
Wednesday detail- I am loving the bow on this skirt!

I hope all of you have an awesome night!

Oh, and if you want to follow me on twitter, my link is twitter.com/danihampton! Hope to see you there. <3

Also, if you'd like to follow my little sister Lauren's blog, here is her link!

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for sending me the link to that jacket! I just bought it! Soooo cute, you have such great style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is so cute. I'd be interested in reading about your struggle with an eating disorder. From the sounds of it you have come out the other end a better person, which is wonderful.
    I'm loving your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog. I LOVE your tattoos. I have a plan to start some of my arm work in the spring. The mister has two full sleeves so now it's my turn! :)

    I think it's really great that you've put yourself as a priority and make time to work out. The mister and I were talking about this the other day actually, because it's something I've struggled with since the birth of my girls. I've kind of fallen into a rut and I really want to pull myself out and get myself back into shape, just finding the time, and the guilt of leaving them in daycare longer than they need to just so I can go to the gym. It's a challenge, but I'm going to work on it. Thank you for this post. It was really inspiring to me and came to me right at the right moment when I was so conflicted about all this already.

    I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah,so sorry to hear about your eating disorder...i too had one when i was 15,and ended up going to quite a "famous"(well,as famed as an eating dicorders clinic can be!)clinic in London.it's a painful part of my life,as i'm sure yours was,and i wish it had never happened.but i came out fine,and you seem to be doing well also darlin.i owe the clinic my life,so i am very grateful for that!if you ever do want to share your story on here,i'm sure we would all find inspiration it it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh saucypants! i LOVE those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing! I think it helps everyone when we share the things we struggle with. You have awesome style and it has inspired me to start adding some funky pieces to my own wardrobe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE your jacket! So cute! I never worried about my weight until I had kids. It's definetly a struggle. Really enjoyed reading your blog!
    http://www.bearypixie.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/Mezmerized814

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's really refreshing reading such positive posts. it's really inspiring to hear someone talk about how happy they are with their life. and a good reminder to stay positive, so thanks for sharing!
    love the red skirt and lacy top..so cute!
    http://inmyownlittleuniverse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing :) i love your style and tattos, and know your positive vibres!! I have problems to about the way i look, and with food, but i dont take anymore bad things, i try to think i´m beauty!long live curves :) bye
    take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i just want to leave an inspiring comment to you..
    I have been reading your blog for some time now and absolutely love it. You are always so positive and such a role model for me, especially with staying positive about working out and such things. Along with your adorable style!
    It is even more inspiring now to know that you did go through an eating disorder and come out of it with such positive outlooks and determination. I am in that boat of over-coming an eating disorder and have been trying my hardest to stay on track and it is definitely hard. So I do want to say Thank You for being such an amazing role model and very inspiring person! To know that you overcame that gives me such hope to know that I can get through this and be able to live with being happy with myself.
    So thank you for doing what you do girl! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you start all of your blogs off about how great a day is!! Its funny but I dedicated my entire blog about that today without even seeing that you touched on that...but its true! Your positivity is infectious!! I know not everyday is great but it makes the good ones that much sweeter :)

    You look fantastic as always and I'm so glad to hear you say you are comfortable in your body. Any of the younger people (or older too) that read your blog can use POSITIVE reflection on body image after all the backwards things we see in the media.

    Your a doll as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute skirt where did u get that. i find it hard to have skirts that go up that high. and i have big hips so it looks weird on me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm impressed with your dedication to the gym. i've been quite the slacker this winter. i go in phases.... i'm kind of an all or nothing type of person. i'll go to the gym every day or not at all.

    maybe one day i'll find a happy medium.....

    i miss my schedule from when i worked in public schools. getting off work @ 3:30 was beautiful. now i work 10 hr. days, so when i get off work at 6, the last thing i want to do it go to the gym.

    if you've got any motivational tips, feel free to send them my way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you for this post. body image is a very difficult thing to deal with and accept for many girls and women. i have had my own ups and downs with this. it seems that the more we open up about our own struggles, the more we can help others through their own.


    p.s. i love the jacket as well as your second outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that outfit. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you have the most adorable outfits! I'm so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips