Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday, so close to Friday!

Another Wednesday means another half day. And it means another day closer to glorious winter vacation. Sadly, Hank has a regular schedule for the first time in our lives, so my winter break will no longer be filled with lounging in bed until noon with my husband, dragging ourselves out of the house only to eat Hugo's burritos, copious amounts of movie watching, and late night gym sessions when I finally get around to it. Instead I will more than likely be very, very productive because I like to get up when he gets up. I'm an old-fashioned kind of girl- I like taking care of my husband; I like cooking for him and keeping our house clean, and making sure he is all ready for work. It sounds silly typed out, but it's what makes me the happiest! :) One of my best friends Shirley is coming to stay with me next week too, and I can't wait. Shirl and I have been friends since college- we were in the same sorority and lived together throughout our time at NAU and also after we graduated. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding, and is more a part of my family than she is a friend. I love the girl so much! :) She lives in Phoenix but we get together a lot and I'm so happy she is going to be up here to enjoy this holiday weather.

My darling Shirley and me
shirl girl and me

My friends Amber and Adie are also arriving from California and I'm excited about that too. Next week will be super busy- I have lots of shopping to do, a cookie decorating evening planned at my mother-in-law's, three Christmases, and then a weekend in Phoenix with my family from New York. The following week is Amber's birthday celebration, my sister's birthday celebration, and another three-day weekend in Phoenix to spend time with more family. Crazy! Gotta love the holidays though!

I really, really love New Year's Eve and I can't say enough how happy/ecstatic I am that we get to just have a cozy evening watching the ball drop and eating yummy food. I'm really over going out, and in no way, shape, or form would I want to welcome in the new year with a bunch of strangers at a bar or house party. No thank you.

So, I have two more days of school left this semester. We get out at 11am each day though, so I'm not sure if they even count. Tonight Hank and I are going to dinner at Hugo's as soon as he gets home and then I'm planning on working out and watching Paper Heart while he's at band practice.

I hope all of you have a fabulous night!

Wednesday

16 comments:

  1. If you're every in town and need someone to hang out with, you know I'm around! We'll actually be in Prescott on Tuesday but I'm sure you've got loads of plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Paper Heart the other day. Very sweet!

    Your holiday sounds wonderful!!! I love stay-at-home nites too, unless it's a game nite with friends to ring in the new year!!!

    Enjoy the last of your school (half) days this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen Paper Heart yet, but I want to!

    My past two New Years Eve's have been spent with my very close friends just at my house. We usually make some snacks for the night, play board games, take fun pictures, and watch the ball drop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ftiday is my last teaching day...yeah!!! I really admire your desire to take care of the house and your hubby....my hubby wishes i was like that but no matter what I just can't seem to get around to it....I blame it on working full-time as a teacher...life is busy and tiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so pretty. :) oh, and i think Shirley is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just put Paper Heart in my Netflix! Can't wait to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like taking care of my hubs too. i make him a lunch every day complete with little love notes. people think it's silly, but i like to do it :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Question: When you're working, do they require you to cover your tattoos? How do your students react to them? Or the other teachers and staff? And parents? I'm just curious if they affect your job in any way.

    You're beatiful by the way [=

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look so beautiful in your photo! you DO have ms. pils style. hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your polka dress!! you look very happy jeejeje!!
    have a nice vacation, enjoy everything that you love, its not bad to do things for your husband, but let him do the same XDD ejeje.

    bye.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm the same about my boyfriend.. he thinks its funny, because we've only been together a year and a half, but the past week I've been getting up at 5am with him, making sure he's dressed and ready and making his lunch and then dinner when he gets home. Secretly, he likes it I think.. It does make me happy, to make someone else happy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your style makes me green with envy. a good type of envy though! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you stated that taking care of your husband makes you happy! I enjoy taking care of my loved ones as well!

    Still working on my netflix queue to get to Paper Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with you about New Year's Eve! An intimate evening where you can actually hear your loved ones talk and laugh is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoy your break. I think it's awesome that you take care of your husband like that. I can't wait until my boyfriend and I can quit this long distance business so that I can take of him for real and not just once every two months.

    onecraftylibrarian.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i'm the same way with my boy, i like to take care of him, and cook for him and be a real housewife, it's what makes me happy too!

    & i am sooo with you on the new years eve thing. i am so stoked to just get together with my bf and closest pals with good food and music and just laugh and dance and have a good time.

    oooh that dress is amazzzzing, cutest.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips