Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday, Saturday

Day three of my unexpected four-day weekend and I'm still keeping with the theme of relaxation. The roads are still icy and there are feet of snow everywhere, so it's kind of deterred me from attempting to head out and do some errands until today, so I was so happy to get out and get some things done, but now I'm glad to be home since it was a little scary driving around out there. I was supposed to go see Leap Year with my sister-in-law this evening but I'm too worried about the icy drive to the theaters, so we rescheduled. I'm a bit disappointed because that movie looks so adorable. Have any of you seen it?

We moved into our current home this fall, and I've been very slow in the decorating process. We are on the road to buying our first home, so we've always rented, and I've had this weird mentality of not really putting in a lot of effort to make it "our" home, since it really is just a temporary place. I never would hang our art, not really get too into putting shelves up, etc...and then I realized that this is why I was never happy in any of the places we lived as far as the house itself. So this place we've slowly been putting up art and making it cozy- I'm a lot happier. I still dream of the day when we buy our first place and I can go crazy painting, wallpapering (I love wallpaper), and purchasing new furniture. Our current house is small and rather than buy new stuff, we elected to just keep what we have until we buy since that day isn't terribly far off. With that said, we do need some more seating in our living room, and I know whatever chairs I buy I can use again, so I am on the hunt for a pair of cute and comfortable chairs. I am an avid design blog reader, and so many sites make me wish I had a house I could totally do our way. I really really cannot wait for that time to come. Are any of you like me though, in the sense that when you're renting sometimes you don't really want to get super into decorating? About half of my friends rent, and some of them make their places so cute- it's inspiring! Even though we are making it more "us," I'm still weird about doing too much. Slowly getting over it though. :)

So, Hank is at work (on a Saturday- boo!) and Madeline and I are just hanging out. When I finished with this post I'm going to do some vacuuming and window washing, how fun. Hank should be off at 5pm, and then we will be at the gym for awhile since he will be driving!

Here are some photos from today- the shirt I have on is what was in the box from Sarah at Live on Sunset, in a post from yesterday! I am absolutely in love with it. Seriously, how cute is this top?! Thanks again so very much. They're doing a giveaway on twitter when they hit 1,000 followers, so click here to follow so I can enter the contest too. haha. ;)

Saturday

Saturday outfit :)

I love Madeline

27 comments:

  1. That shirt is SO cute!

    I know exactly how you feel about decorating. I'm still at home and for the last two years I haven't had many lovely things on my walls. I just want my own place so badly I feel like I'm saying "I want to stay here" if i decorate. Slowly getting over it too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. leap year is really cute. and they guy is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Leap Year. The people I saw it with didn't like it; said it was slow and boring. But I loved it :) Loved the scenery, culture, and I'd compare the way the movie developed to Under The Tuscan Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madeline is so adorable! I'm not allowed a dog where we live, (we rent also) but i have two lovely cats that are brother and sister to keep me company. Still i miss having a dog!
    Lady G xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and Liveonsunset is over 1000 followers! Woopee =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I almost died from cuteness from that video!
    Those were the most adorable chewing noises that Madeline was making!

    P.S. LOVE your new top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so cute in that shirt, a great color for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shirt is so cute!! I Love your lil puppers too!
    xoxo,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  9. wish I was as lucky as you to get a good dumping of snow. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww that's a really cute shirt!
    My manager used to have a Boston Terrier. Her and that dog were too funny lol.

    http://candidnoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving the pics and the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i just added them. only 21 more needed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm completely in love with Madeline... she's so sweet! I will hopefully be in a position to have a dog of my own within the next 18 months, and keep going back and forth between a Boston Terrier and an English Bulldog. Madeline makes the Bostie look very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, look at your sweet little doggie! And I love that top!

    ReplyDelete
  15. aaaw, your dog is so cute!!And the top is gorgeous!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw Leap Year. It is pretty adorable. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

    I'm the same way about decorating. Because I know me and my boyfriend are moving into a one-bedroom place at the end of our lease, I don't always feel the need to try to organize the place, thinking we can live in our chaos because we're moving eventually. I got fed up and did it anyway and it did make me much happier.

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww madeline is so cute! I love animals that eat fruit and veg! I used to work in a reptile store and they had this huge beast of a lizard who was a badass, but he would take grapes and strawberries off you so gently. It made my heart feel warm and fuzzy haha

    I'm totally with you on the decorating thing. All the places I've rented, have never felt like home to me. Even now, living in the house I grew up in, I still dont feel at home cos I cant decorate like I want to. My bestie Maria (this is for the hearts still beating) has decorated her rented flat so amazingly and it makes me wonder how awesome her landlord must be! I wasnt even allowed to put up picture hooks in my rented places!

    Dont worry, I'm sure we'll both be in homes we own in no time and can go crazy with the wallpaper! (I love it too! Not sure if you have Laura Ashley in the US but check out the website. Best wallpaper EVER! http://www.lauraashley.com/ )
    xxx

    ps - sorry this is such an epic comment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm a new reader. i know what you mean about decorating a rented place. i don't know why but it's just not the same. you always know you have to pack it all up and move again, it's never really home. decorating in rented place is always a half hearted attempt because you can't pick the floors or the wall paper so it seems kind of depressing...er not to put you off though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel the same way about decorating rented places. I have never stayed in a place for longer than a year, because the second I move in I find something I don't like about the place (this time its fighting neighbors) and decide I'm not staying past a year so why put in so much effort. Like you, I can't wait for the day I have a place to call a home and make it what I want it to be and know that I will not be moving from it anytime soon.
    I think it is wonderful that that day is not too far off for you and that you love wallpaper, I do too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i just saw Leap Year last night and it was SO good. even my best friend who doesn't love chick flicks that much really enjoyed it. it was well done and funny, and the Irish scenery is beautiful of course! have fun seeing it with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  21. YOU both are ADORABLE!!!!! you should get adorable tattooed on your knuckles :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. as always, love the clothes. i have been relaxing myself. though most of mine has been enjoying the new netflix subscription and the watch instantly option. ever see dexter. it isn't half bad for a show about a serial killer.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I never really put a lot of effort in decorating our place either. It's not at ALL what I want and since we rent, I can't really make a lot of changes, so I decorate very minimally. It does suck though, I don't feel like our house reflects my style AT ALL. Lately I've tried to get a little more involved with it, but who knows how that will go.

    Like you, I read design blogs all the time and long for the day when we buy our own place and can really make it ours!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i've been in the apt i live in for over a year now . . . and the living room walls are still bare. i mean, we painted them this awesome shade of green . . . but . . . no art. i guess my husband and i and our two roommates just don't have it as a priority . . . maybe that's why i don't spend much time in the living room? we spend a lot of time in the kitchen and it's totally decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's so funny that your dog likes carrots! I have a dog who loves ice cubes and a cat who loves mayonnaise. I always find pets' little quirks so amusing.

    Amanda

    http://1lifelongadventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips