Friday, January 15, 2010

Show and Tell!

The lovely James over at Bleubird Vintage has posted another round of her adorable Show and Tell! Hop over her way and take a peek at all of the awesome submissions, and maybe make a new blog friend or two!

Here's what I shared -

For James' Show and Tell at Bleubird!

Once you head over to Bleubird, you can see what I wrote and see all of the other show and tell items! It was such a fun read to see what everyone wanted to share.

Today has been a great day. Work went by fairly quickly, and as always I had the best time with my Seniors. I always have great days with my sophomores too, but the seniors are a bit special because this is the 2nd or every 3rd time I've had most of them in my class. I know these kids very well, so there's an air of comfortableness in my classroom that is unmatched by any other group. These guys are able to share a lot more, and put themselves out there without fear of anything, and it's a really awesome environment to spend time in. I will surely be sad when they all graduate in May!

I love the weekends, and I am really excited for this one. One, because it's a three-day weekend, and two, because I literally have no plans! The only thing on the agenda is to see "The Lovely Bones" with my friend Carolyn. Speaking of that movie, I am really excited. I know critics haven't given it the best reviews, but I am going in with an open mind. I really enjoyed the book, and I'm so curious to see how it all pans out via screen.

As for now, I am off to the gym for a late night workout! I may be back for a late night blog session too! We'll see. Either way, I hope all of you have a great night.



  1. definitely let us know how "the lovely bones" is!
    i've kind of wanted to see it, because i loved the book.
    but the previews have looked a bit cheesy at times.

    have a great weekend!
    loved your show and tell.

  2. I saw the Lovely Bones today with my mom and it was amazing! I loved the book, so I was excited to see the movie. It mad me laugh and cry. It was so intense at some parts, and haunting. It was great!

  3. I'd like to see the lovely bones too. The book was great and the movie looks pretty suspensful!

  4. I just got back from the Lovely Bones and it was SO creepy! Stanley Tucci will haunt my dreams for months. Let me know what you think.

  5. aaw, I love russian dolls, they´re so pretty. x

  6. The lovely bones was good but like always the book was way better. They just mixed everything up. It was good though!!!!

  7. Just found your blog from Bluebird Vintage, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I teach dance to highschool kids and I totally understand what your talking about! I LOVE my senior class and will be so sad to see them go! can't wait to keep reading your blog ;)

  8. Yay to long weekends, especially when nothing is planned. Have a great one!

  9. I liked the Lovely Bones in book form, so I'm kind of hesitant to see the movie because I don't want it to ruin the book for me and my picture of everything.
    I love your Russian doll! My family is Russian, and whenever someone traveled back there they'd bring some home. Unfortunately when I was a child I used to play with them all the time and lost a lot of the little ones.

  10. my husband is taking me to see the movie this afternoon, and i am very excited! i read the book years ago when it first came out, and i loved it!

  11. hey i have that one! matts father has a Young Life camp that he runs in russia and every time he goes to visit he brings me back different babushka dolls! i have this really funny old lady one haha and she has cone head!

  12. What a beautiful nesting doll!


Blogging tips