Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lexy and Jason's wedding, 2/24/10 (image heavy!)

Tonight I had the privilege of attending the wedding of two of my friends, Lexy and Jason. Unfortunately Hank had to work, so it was just me, but I still had a great night hanging out with our friends. The event was held at the Boojum Tree Hidden Gardens in Phoenix, and I was totally blown away with how beautiful the venue was! When I was searching for wedding venues three years ago, I remember hearing about this place but I didn't end up looking into it. I highly recommend it after spending an evening there, and it really is the ideal spot for a wedding. The entire night was picture perfect.

The ceremony began at 4pm, and it was wonderful to see so many friends I haven't seen in some time. When Lexy began her descent down the aisle, the looks on Jason's face just about killed me- the love in the air at that moment was so intoxicating and just so beautiful. Lexy looked absolutely gorgeous, in a shorter length dress and traditional veil. The entire ceremony was full of laughter and tears, and their vows were perfect. I feel so lucky I was able to witness it.

The rest of the night was filled with dancing, yummy food, and delicious cupcakes. The photographs I took can tell a much better story than I can, so enjoy!

And again, congratulations to the newlyweds, Jason and Lexy! Love you guys.

what I wore (it's a Rebecca Taylor dress)
before heading down to Phoenix

guest book
guest book!

Boojum Hidden Gardens, Phoenix

one of my best friends Erin and one of my long, long time friends Beth. Love these ladies.
some of my best ladies

baby Jack! He is so, so, so sweet. I held him for a little bit and fell in love. You may recognize Rachel and Jeff (and Jack!) from their Valentine's feature the other week!
baby Jack!


wedding feet :)
wedding feet

so many friends and family
lots of friends and family

Lexy had a "Man of Honor," Tom! I love that he has a bouquet. Isn't that adorable?

so sweet
so sweet

1st kiss!
1st kiss as Mr. and Mrs.!

oh heey!

walk down the aisle together

stoked! :)

the grand exit

I loved this guy :)
no idea...

Zoe and Aaron
Zoe and Aaron

the beautiful, beautiful bride and me
Lexy and me!

perfect dress
gorgeous dress

my favorite photo of the entire night:
the happy newlyweds!

ladies, hanging out

Elisa and her boots...too cute
these boots were made for walkin'...


walking through the awesome plant life, into the dining area!
the venue- heading into dinner

CUPCAKES! A wonderful gal named Colleen made these, and they are so, so delicious. If you are having an event, let me know if you'd like her information.
cupcake tower

yummy cupcakes

Lego lovers! SO AWESOME.

the entrance!


looking suave, guys! ;)
Kevin and Scott

the dining area- so pretty.
pretty lights

I love this photo- Lexy and Scott :)
Lexy and Scott

JP looking good!
JP looking suave

our table
our table

beautiful Erin
pretty Erin

hi, I'm tired!
hi! I'm tired.

night lights
night lights

1st dance to Lucero
1st dance to Lucero

best girl

I love her

at the bar 1

on the dancefloor

Jason dancing

love it

SO fun!


so cute

our "annual wedding photo"...I love her :)
our annual wedding photo, I love her :)


D + E

Dan and Jan!
Dan and Jan


Jason getting cupcakes

lemon cupcake! so good.
lemon cupcake!


  1. Oh my gosh, I love all the photos! Looks like you had an amazing time, the cupcakes look insanely good too!

    ...and how cute does Scott look in a suit. Oh my! :)

    xoxo <3

  2. awwwwwwwwwwwwwww i love weddings with tattoos!!!!!!
    and i love cupcakes so this was the perfect wedding!! i wanna do something like that one day!
    ps: you are beautiful in those pictures ;)


  3. congratulations to the newlyweds! and what a wonderful wedding! So many happy beautiful people with beautiful tattoos having a great time.

    I also third the motion with Silje and Ladybastard: the cupcakes look gorgeous and nomnom-worthy! :)

  4. love this wedding!! and the little lego bride and groom. it cracks me up everyone is drinking pbr. i am from the country (where everyone drinks pbr) and now live an hour north, more in the city, where no one drinks it. your dress was adorable!

  5. I love the wedding cake cupcakes!
    I need to show everyone these pictures that tells me tattoos don't go with a wedding dress. The bride looked gorgeous and so did you.

  6. Looks like an amazing wedding!Love the cupcake cake!xxx

  7. A wednesday night wedding?! Love it!

    Your dress is so cute. I have a wedding in Vegas in about two weeks and I still haven't found anything to wear. Yikes.

    The bride looks so beautiful and this looked like such a fun wedding! Congrats to the both of them! :) :)

  8. What a beautiful and dimple wedding I love it.
    The venue is fabulous, I saw it on Tv before.

  9. congratulations to your beautiful friends! :)
    such a lovely wedding.
    thanks for sharing it with us!


    love your dress, btw!

  10. her SHOES! baaah. love them. they are right out of sex and the city, literally! (except white and not pink)

  11. eeep love it ! make me wanna get married ALL OVER AGAIN teehee!(poor kevins nerves might not be able to handle that SOOO I will just drool over these gorgeous photos!!)
    (you should be a part time wedding photographer!!)

  12. oh my gosh, I love the Boojam Tree.. That place is so beautiful. I love your photos, looks like the wedding was a success :)

  13. There are sooo many things I love about this wedding! The lego couple, the venue, the bride's dress and shoes, the happiness that RADIATES from these pics!!!!

  14. Gorgeous! This place looks great and the cupcakes delicious! Love seing all of those people with tattoos!!!!

  15. Gorgeous Pictures! Did you use your Nikon for these? I recently purchased a D60 and I was wondering what setting you typically use? Your pictures look perfect. Have they been edited much? Thanks, i am just very new to photography :)

  16. beautiful wedding! i love lexy's dress.

  17. WOW! You take great vibrant!

    You look like you have the most amazing friends!
    Selene xo

  18. oh wait i jsut realized they danced to lucero! LOV them!! memphis pride (we live in tennessee) ;)

  19. sometimes i love picture overload!

  20. Awesome wedding!! I love the orange/black thing and those cupcakes!

  21. oh lexy in those shoes and that amazing tan. she is such a babe. i wish i could have been there! you all look so beautiful and are making me miss home like crazy. <3

    p.s. is lisa not the cutest thing to ever live? seriously.

  22. Absolutly Gorgeous! A wedding with so many awesome tattoos... very cool. :)

  23. Great pictures!! Wish I would of had a wedding...oh, and the cupcake cake lego topper was just too awesome!!!

  24. Wow, what a lovely wedding! She looked so beautiful in her dress and shoes. I think that's the sort of thing I would wear when I get married... And what a cake! The cupcakes looked delicious, and that lego topper made me giggle! I love that their wedding had such personality in it.
    Clare x

  25. LOVE this post. I love that she had a man of honor (I'm having my male best friend in my wedding party for sure!) and I LOVE that photo of her wiping his face. What a gorgeous wedding, thanks for sharing :)

  26. What a perfect looking wedding. The photos are beautiful. By the way, your dress was smokin' hot too!

  27. Yes that looks like a gorgeous venue. I love weddings that take place around gardens or plants. Our wedding was at a site with acres of landscaped gardens. :)

  28. wow!! beautiful fun wedding!! The venues were amazing and I absolutely adore that cupcake cake!! and the topping ;) look absolutely gorgeous! love your outfit

  29. adorable, thanks for sharing. That event could have you booked up with Tattoo Tuesdays for a while. You're friends are decked with gorgeous pieces!!! and LLLLLOOOVVVEE the lego cupcake topper. I have to show that off on my blog (if that's okay!-let me know), maybe for my next weeks Timeless Tuesday? Hope all is well, and that your neighbor relinquished the head cozies.


  30. oh this wedding just looked absolutely incredibly love filled. Honestly beautiful photos!

  31. Oh my goodness, talk about a dream wedding!!!

  32. What a beautiful wedding, That venue is very sweet and intimate! It looks like everyone had a blast!

  33. What a beautiful wedding. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations to your friends.

  34. The pictures turned out georgeous! It was like reliving the night all over again :) Good to see you, sorry Hank couldn't make it.

    ps- Danny's going to love the Dan and Jan title!

  35. great pictures! i love your dress.
    do you still do the form spring thing? i looked for it..i was wondering what kind of camera you have? your pics are always so crisp and colorful.

  36. So pretty!!

    Do you know what Lucero song they danced to? I've always thought they would be great to play as a first song but I can't narrow it down!!


  37. That's the venue where my little sister is going to get married in november, its magical totally my style!!!! That's how I found your blog, cus we where looking for yellow weddings, and your picture popped up on, I clicked on your picture, took me to flicker, wich took me to your blog, funny.....btw you got some hot ass guy friends! Mmmhhmm

  38. This looked like a very fun and beautiful wedding. Oh and your friend Erin is a total babe.

  39. Oh! and I gave you an award over at my blog. It's really a meme of sorts, and I hope you find this fun to do. :)

  40. Great collection of wedding pictures. All the pictures are beautiful,bright, charming and classic.

  41. love love love love the brides shoes!! such a pretty wedding! :]

  42. Hi Danielle!

    Wow, from what I can tell from the pics it looked like the bride and groom had the perfect day surrounded by loved ones!

    BTW, thanks so much for your comments on my blog... so nice to meet you too :)

    S x

  43. Hi!
    I'm fairly new to reading your blog and wanted to say hello! But also comment that I LOVE the fact that your friends had their first dance to lucero! I love them and can totally see myself having my first dance to them, whenever that may be! You all look beautiful as well!
    :) amy

  44. this has to be the coolest wedding EVER! i love your dress, and your friends are too cool!!!

    i also love your favorite photo, congratulations to them :)

  45. Really looks like a beautiful spot. I love the short wedding dress. I'm thinking that might be the way I'd like to do it. The dance looked like so much fun.

  46. wow what a beautiful wedding!

    nice blog :)

  47. what a fun time! i have a wedding to go to tomorrow and i'm so excited.

  48. I love how your friends are tattooed! I need to find me some of those ;)

    Great photos, beautiful wedding and strikingly beautiful couple!

  49. Gosh your friends have some tattoos!! Love it! I've become so inspired to expand my art to include some big coloured pieces since reading your blog.

  50. Hey, I'm a fellow P-towner. I'm Brianah's sister, not sure if you remember who that is. Anyway, just wanted to know I added your blog to my reading list.

  51. oh my goodness!
    that looked like an incredible woman.
    everyone is so cute & stylish.
    loved the cupcake cake!
    the bride looked incredible, and so did the groom.
    and you, of course..always!!!
    thanks for sharing danielle


  52. Thanks for sharing, the photos are superb.

    So many pretty ladies with ink.
    Tattoos have never looked so chic!

  53. This wedding rocks! Everything has been planned well, from the ceremony to the reception. And everyone looked absolutely stunning, especially the groom and his bride. Anyway, best wishes to you awesome newlyweds! =)

  54. You site is superb & i think that i have found nice ideas relating to wedding & parties themes on your site.I really love the way you captured the location & models & made a balance to the atmospheric fashion sense.

  55. So crazy, I came across someone else's blog through pinterest, and while browsing their blog started looking at your blog and then reading your love story mentioning Jason and his band I realized I know him, he tattooed my sleeve and Lexy usually would be hanging out and I even hung out with her at Casey Moore's once before. I live in Illinois now but it feels like such a small world that of all the blogs I come across we know the same people.


Blogging tips