Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday...thank you!

Monday, Monday

Oh, today was so wonderful. Remember how I mentioned (okay, dedicated a whole post to!) my weird day last Friday, and how that triggered a bad bout of anxiety? Well said situation was totally blown out of proportion in my mind and today it was nothing. At all. Lesson learned, I think. I have such a tendency to allow my "over thinking" to often run out of control and make me so incredibly upset. Case in point, Friday. I even spent this morning worked up in a nervous ball of stress to find out I had totally misunderstood the entire situation and I had literally wasted hours of my life dwelling on something that didn't even exist. How frustrating is that! I really feel like it was a huge "growing" moment for me though, and I'm happy I had a chance to make such a big realization and move forward. I know my occasional bout of anxiety is normal, and probably unavoidable, but I can definitely work towards avoiding putting myself into mental situations like that one. It's so crazy how immediately great I felt upon clarification. :)

So, yes, today was wonderful. The day went by so quickly and I had a great time in all of my classes. My sophomore kiddos finished up their AIMS prep packets and began their next vocabulary unit, and my seniors went over our book club guidelines, scheduled their chapter/page schedules, and wrote some funny limericks. Tomorrow I have AIMS (Arizona's Instrument to Measure Standards test) until 11am and then we have very short classes, so the day should be another quick one. Proctoring tests isn't so bad, and I'm especially happy because my "partner" for the test is great guy who will be super pleasant to spend three straight hours with!

This weekend I am planning on heading down to Phoenix on Friday to celebrate my dear friend Erin's 30th birthday, and then my Dad's birthday on Saturday, and then visiting with Autumn and family. I haven't seen them in a week and that's too long in my opinion! If you haven't been reading my blog for awhile, Autumn is my best friend, and she recently moved back to Arizona from California. It's so, so nice having her that much closer. She had her second baby this past week, and I can't wait to see him again. Then Saturday night one of Hank's bands, Hot Skin, is playing at our local skate shop after the premiere of a new video. It should be a fun night!

Saturday night

I've had a great night tonight too- Hank and I had a yummy dinner (beans and veggies) and watched Millionaire Matchmaker. And yes, he loves shows like this, even though he will deny it 'til he's blue in the face. We both love Ms. Patti Stanger, she is such a firecracker and reminds me a lot of one of my old professors.

I also made a super fun playlist of SO MANY of my favorite songs growing up. I'm definitely a huge fan of the 90's and these are some of my most cherished bands and songs. Some are cheesy, some aren't, all are fabulous! Hank and I just spent a good 20 minutes going through these and singing along. Nerds! :) Did you listen to any of these bands as a pre-teen/teen? Which song on this playlist is your favorite?

Have a great night everyone! See you tomorrow for Tattoo Tuesday. xoxo


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

36 comments:

  1. fun playlist!

    glad to hear you are feeling better, danielle.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome playist, it is really hard to pick just one song! Your upcoming weekend sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this playlist! Many of these songs remind me of certain periods of time in my life...gotta love the 90's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these were all my favorites growing uop, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mazzy star, for sure. and a few of those songs made me cringe... because they reminded me of alanna's "dad". ugh. oh, the 90's, haha <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I wish I could listen to it...here in Mexico it won't allow me to listen, or to arrange my music on my playlist, I always have to wait until I get back to the States. Was it a goodie?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the playlist. LOVE Hole :)
    So glad you are feeling back to normal. It is awful to be down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness! Listening to those songs, I feel like a teenager again. If there is one thing I will always be a sucker for, it's 90s music of this particular variety. My fella and I still listen to old cds together sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this playlist, definitely songs that I growth up with! You look very cute on the picture! Glad to hear that you feel better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEST playlist ever. I loooove listening to old Blink182.

    I'm glad you had a better day today. I always stress about things for day and then have it be nothing at all to be stressed about. Eh, that's life, I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone! I am loooving this playlist! Haha, is that weird to say about my own creation? I've been listening to it all night.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's not weird to like listening to a playlist you made at all, especially when it's such a fantastic one. Thank you for sharing! I am glad to read you are feeling better, and that what you were upset about didn't even exist. I know it seems silly, but a lot of times when I'm upset about something that happened it's best for it to have been a misunderstanding than just a solved problem. I'm always afraid there will be lingering sour feelings after a problem, but when you've realized there was actually no problem at all then I feel 100 percent better.
    So glad you had not only a nice time at school, but at home too! Happy Monday Miss Danielle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh you sound like you have a lovely weekend ahead of you. I will also be seeing my best friend who I havn't seen since Christmas! I'm very excited :)
    Clare xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovin the retro nostalgia playlist!! so many bands i love on there :)

    and i'm glad to hear your situation worked out ok. If it's any consolation, I get really bad anxiety "phases" related to work, although I think it's a combo of being too busy, too stretched and without enough support.. I have made myself physically sick a few times with worrying, and it's a hard thing to deal with sometimes. I'm a lot better at the moment, and it's just down to thinking positive :) Remember, you rock! Thank you for sharing your story with us. Have a good day! x Loma

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay! i loved hole for wake-up-music during my schooltime...
    "when i wake up
    in my make up
    it´s too early..."
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love them all! I used Mazzy Star on our wedding video i love it so much <3

    PS - Glad your feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your playlist is awesome! I have been watching Third Eye Blind on YouTube this week. These songs bring back some great memories! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i read your post on your down/stressful day and definitely identified with it, but i think i identify more with this - the frustration at feeling anxiety at something that when you look back was no biggie. something that normally wouldn't even bother you.

    anyhow - looking forward to listening to the playlist since its getting such rave reviews to my left.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely some great memories from that playlist!!! Hope your day is great! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad that it turned out to be nothing. It is amazing how we can let our minds get the best of us.
    Uh, I have to admit, I've caught that show on several occasions & find it hilarious to watch. (Someone told me I looked like her & I had to check it out. By the way, YIKES! I seriously hope I don't look like her! She kinda looks manly.)

    Love the playlist! One of my fav sons is on the. I love G Love! Oh & Mazzy

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is such an amazing playlist! I love everything on it!

    And I'm definitely glad to hear that you're feeling so much better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great playlist! I was in my early 20's when most of these songs came out. Mazzy Star 'fade into you' was my all time favorate. I still watch the video every couple of weeks on you tube. Another favorate of mine was Cowboy Junkies 'Sweet Jane'. I'm sure you've heard it but if you haven't, check it out. I'm so happy that you a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome playlist. This makes my Tuesday SO much better.

    PS- Anxiety sucks. I've had it since I was a kid, and all I have to say is Prozac basically is heaven sent. I didn't realize that knot in your stomach isn't normal to have until I started taking it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't pick just one! I love the entire playlist (gonna be listening to this in my ear at work for the next week. thanks sweets!!)
    Okay, top three would be Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden, Self Esteem by The Offspring, and (ummm) Basketcase by Green Day.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so pleased you are feeling better! xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the playlist! Even though I was just a little girl in the 90's I listened to all of that music too! Glad your happy again!

    ReplyDelete
  27. GREAT GREAT GREAT playlist. Good
    90's tunage for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great playlist! I bought Jagged Little Pill when I was 10 & my mom took it away when she heard 'You Outta Know'! I was such a little rebel lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that playlist, it has so many old favorites on it! I have to say Black Hole Sun is my favorite from the playlist though :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. AWESOME PLAYLIST. Nirvana and Our Lady Peace? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am lovin' the playlist - Bad Religion rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Here I am on the other side of the world, and this is soooo my playlist.
    My best friend gave me the Mazzy Star single for my 16th...so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  33. feel as if a teen yet again. It's 90s music of this particular variety if there is one thing I will always be a sucker for. My fella and that i nevertheless hear aged compact disks collectively at times.
    FUT Coins

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips