Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday

pretty clouds on my way home :)

Lovely photo, huh? Arizona is so pretty. That was my view driving back up to Prescott this morning from Phoenix via my blackberry's camera. It was another whirlwind weekend spent with family, and I had a great time. I really need to come down when I have more than two days- there are so many people I want to spend time with but between events and family, it can be hard to fit everything in!

The weekend was super fun. Because I had stayed up until pretty late the night before in celebration of Erin and Alana's birthday so I slept in for a good while. I woke up and headed over to the salon and Rhonda colored and trimmed my hair. Whenever I see her I feel happy for days afterward- I love her so much! The rest of the afternoon was spent with my Mom, catching up on Big Love, and eating yummy food. Later in the evening I met Laur and Abe at the gym, and spent the rest of the night relaxing at my parents'. We woke up fairly early this morning and did our usual green-tea fueled Trader Joe's run, then I headed back up the mountain on a pretty pleasant two-hour drive home.

Today's been a happy day- one, I got in a great workout while everyone else was Superbowl-ing. I've been working extra-hard lately and I am feeling really good about it. And two, I found out that I will be going to Hawaii for 9 glorious days in just about a month! I can't wait...Kona is one of my/our all-time favorite vacation spots and it's going to be such a great time. In the spirit of Hawaii, here are a few photos from our last trip there! :)

We spent a week in January at an adorable house on the Kona coast, and relaxed until we couldn't relax anymore! It was so nice escaping the snowy weather...but it was really hard to come back to the cold after enjoying tropical warmth for awhile.

Hank playing his little ukulele in the backyard


path in the backyard


on the rocks behind the house- it was sea turtle central and Hank was so happy :)


Sea turtle!


beautiful days at the house


open air market


in the back of the house- I fell in love with the sunsets there


love in hammock :)





Hawaiian shaved ice...in Hawaii ;)


where we rested our heads :)


I hope all of you had a beautiful weekend...here's to a fantastic Monday!

22 comments:

  1. I'm dreaming of weather like you had today! We just got about 8 inches of snow in Ohio and are expecting more tomorrow night. I can only hope for a snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loveee seeing warm weather pictures! it's sooo dreary here! your shot of arizona looks beautiful...when i saw it, near the grand canyon areas...i didn't think it was so pretty. but i've heard from so many people how beautiful it is that i'm willing to give it a 2nd shot;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i just love the clouds in arizona... my favorite is during monsoon season!
    how lovely that you are going to hawaii - and your place you stayed at last year looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I got married in Hawaii, we eloped =) I love love love it so much, the spirit is so great over there... I am kind of jealous that you guys are going, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh hawaii looks/sounds so great right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i went to hawaii when i was 5 and then when i was in high school. hawaii is not fun when your 17 and missing your boyfriend! i wish i could go now because i know i would appreciate it a lot more than the last two times i went!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle that first photo is so beautiful, really breathtaking.
    And what a treat going to Hawaii! Enjoy yourself sweetness! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello! i just stumbled across your blog last week and wanted to pop in and say i love it! it's refreshing to read a blog without any of my much hated typos and spelling mistakes! :)
    xo erinlucy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a beautiful place! I've never been to Hawaii, but it looks like such a paradise. I would love to go one day though...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had an amazing time! What we all would give for an escape for relaxation and lovely surroundings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that shaved ice looks awesome! :]

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so jealous! We went to Mexico over New Year's and it was so hard to come back to Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I am SOOOOOO jealous! I want that weather!

    ReplyDelete
  14. do u guys have a place in Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have you been to Kauai? It's amazing!!! Kona is beautiful as well, don't get me wrong. Sigh. I love Hawaii! I wanna go!! Take lots of photos to share. I miss it so much, I wish we could go every year. :-)

    I meant to ask you, do you workout when you come down to Phx??

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's the biggest shaved ice I have ever seen! Looks like so much fun. I want to own a hammock one day.

    Such beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That home looks gorgeous! Is it your folks? Lucky to have a sweet little retreat but you both definitely deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lucky girl! Hawaii :). Those pictures look so relaxing! So tranquil. Would love some of that right now, in the midst of midterms and papers galore!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love that arizona picture. my brother lives there & it's so beautiful! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love the place where you rested your head, it's so beautiful and serene! the snow cone looks yummy and you are too cute! i love all your tattoos!!

    great blog ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  21. my sister lives in tuscon & she sends me road pics like that almost every day. i send her pics of boring snow.
    i am very jealous of all you AZ residents!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips