Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lovely Sunday

Today has been a really relaxing day, which has been a nice way to end a really relaxing weekend! I haven't been feeling 100%, so rather than go down to Flagstaff and Phoenix for the Broadway Calls shows as originally planned, I elected to stay home and get some rest. And rest I did! I feel like I may have even slept too much, if that's even possible. Last night was fun though- Hank and I went out for Thai food after he got off work and we had the best time. We contemplated seeing a movie afterward but since Hank's been in dispatch recently, he has to get enough sleep every night. The best part about Tara Thai II though, is that the portions are really big and then today we got to enjoy the delicious leftovers. There isn't much tastier than Thai leftovers, in my opinion.

So yes, Prescott's been beautiful lately, and this evening we took Madeline on a long stroll downtown and really enjoyed the weather. I love living here. I write that all the time, but it's true! I miss my friends and family every day of my life, but two hours isn't too bad, and we make it work. It's worth it to enjoy so much beautiful-ness everyday. Oh, and this weekend is the last weekend that Hank has to work and I cannot even express how happy I am to have my hubby back. We always do so many fun things on our weekends, and it's truly been a bummer having him working so much. I'm ecstatic to be back to our "normal."

Oh, and here's an outfit photo from today! I haven't done one of these in a couple of weeks. Please excuse my wrinkly skirt- linen is such a difficult fabric to wear for an extended period of time.

top: Marc by Marc Jacobs
skirt: Forever21
shoes: Blowfish

daily outfit, 3/28

So tomorrow is the start of a new week, but it's extra great because it's a short week! Amber arrives Tuesday, and Hank leaves for a little tour on Wednesday. Oh, and speaking of Hour of the Wolf, look how cute this girl is. She's playing one of their songs. Addison found it and Hank and I are loving it. :)



I hope all of you have an amazing week! Like I said, I am going to be having fun with friends and spending the weekend in Phoenix. I'm really excited to go over Autumn's and visit the babies too. Lots to look forward to!

I'm going to go spend time with Hank, but before I go I thought I would share a playlist I just made. This one may not be as popular as some of the others I've posted, but this one is probably the most special. It includes many of the songs I grew up listening to via my parents. My childhood was amazing, and these songs take me way back. Which one is your favorite? What kind of music did you grow up listening to?

Until next time, xoxo. :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

30 comments:

  1. i LOVE that skirt!! so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great playlist! All childhood/ comfort music type songs. My father listened to a lot of Elton John and Fleetwood Mac (some Bruce, but not a lot), and Cat Stevens is STILL a huge favorite of mine.

    However... Cat's In the Cradle isn't Cat Stevens but Harry Chapin. Far as I know, Cat Stevens never covered it, and that's definitely not his awesome, distinctive voice. You can check out more info here: http://bit.ly/U3xaW

    ReplyDelete
  3. @biscuit thank you sweet pea! <3

    @Punk Yeah, I thought that when I was making the playlist but thought it just must have been mislabeled! So thank you for the heads up for my readers (and me too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) your outfit is adorable, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have fun in phoenix!!

    oh my gosh! i'm in love with your top (i'm such a bow addict). you look so sunny in that outfit--it's super cute!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. have a wonderful time in phoenix! i'm going back this weekend too, so yay for us! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. if only i had enough hair to wear a little bun like that on my head!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute outfit as always!

    I love that playlist. Wild world is one of my favorite songs of all time.

    My mom is a HUGE elton john fan, we actually went on a mother/daughter date to see him and billy joel in the beginning of February.

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, I love your playlist. It's full of classics! I love the "older" music. I grew up listening to it as well. You are beautiful; love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love your playlists!
    Jersey Girl is one of my favorite Bruce songs. I love the original by Tom Waits, too.

    Selene :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice outfit! :) Love the yellow skirt!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prescott sounds so amazing! :) I love beautiful, simplistic towns where life is peaceful and people take the time to actually look around them. So lovely. Thanks for another great post Danielle! xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bruce Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac & Elton John... still love Bruce. In fact I once named my goldfish Springsteen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so pretty! Love the outfit!

    Hope your week is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This play list is amazing; it's like we grew up in the same house. My dad would blast the Traveling Wilburys every Sunday morning while he made coffee. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your playlist! I love Elton John songs. His -Your song...was mine and my husband's wedding song.

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute top!

    willie nelson... of course. i LOVE him! <3

    have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That girl on the video is so cute! She's really good as well.
    Hope you are feeling a lot more rested ready for this week!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carole King! My mom and I used to listen to her all the time when I was little :]

    ReplyDelete
  20. love that top. duh its marc jacobs :) i saw that they have a bunch of stuff on sale on barneys .com

    ReplyDelete
  21. that bow top is the cutest thing i have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wowsers, awesome outfit for sure!! I'm also digging this playlist - love me some Cat Stevens and Fleetwood Mac :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the bright yellow skirt! I miss having Forever 21 close by :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. aww that girl did an amazing cover of that song! i love it!! I've missed hour of the wolf every time they would play in the Michigan.

    that skirt is cute and its true the wrinkles starts right after i sit in my car on the way to work or school.

    ReplyDelete
  25. that girl has mad guitar skills.

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a lovely playlist! growing up in NJ <3! yes!

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Landslide will always remind me of your NAU graduation, and how I thought of you saying goodbye your college life every time I listened to it :) I believe I even dedicated a LiveJournal post to you with the lyrics once! i miss our silly girl-weekend in your house on the top of the hill, and running around town like silly nillies, freezing our tushies off!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips