Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday, Tuesday

So, in my last post I forgot to mention how fantastic it was to read all of your comments on my technology post! Thank you all so much for sharing so much with me, and everyone who visits my little corner of the internet. It's truly amazing to be able to hear from so many of you, and realize that our experiences are quite similar. It's hard to address each and every comment specifically, because I'd be spending my time doing that, rather than blogging, but I want you to know that if you ask a question or make an inquiry, I will always answer. And don't forget you can use my email, up there on the left hand side of my sidebar. I appreciate all of your kind words and encouragement so much and I read every single thing you post here. Thank you again for taking the time to comment!

Today was a good day at work. My sophomores had a vocabulary test that took most of the hour (some words from this unit: recalcitrant, parsimonious, stultify) so it was a really quiet, easy day. My Seniors and I discussed their new project- a Senior "memory book" of sorts, where they will write a memoir, and lots of personal writings about their life thus far, paired with photos, etc. It's such a fun project and they enjoy it, I think! I'm trying to get everything done before I leave for Hawaii next week, since I will be missing the last three days of the quarter. I feel so fortunate that I have a schedule where I am afforded lots of time off, and flexible time at that! This trip is just Hank's Mom and me, and I'm really glad it worked with most of my spring break. I'm bummed that I am missing She & Him with my friend Sarah in a few weeks, but I had to use my days for Hawaii, so I can't complain! :)

When I got home from work I napped for a bit and then got up and made Hank and I a quick dinner. Tonight we had Dr. Praeger's veggie burgers on Ezekial hamburger buns with spring greens/tomatoes/onions. It was a really quick and tasty dinner, and super filling! Tomorrow I think I may attempt to make veggie soba noodle salad, and if my ambitions follow through I will be sure to post the recipe. I also really want to try the lemon curd cupcakes, over at one of my new favorite blogs- Tied with a Bouw! If you haven't checked out her blog yet, definitely do so, and tell her I sent you! I just adore her writing, and all of her inspirational ideas.

Here is today's outfit- my students really liked this one! I think it's the bright colors.

cardigan- Caslan
top- Semantiks
skirt- Halogen
shoes- Target

Daily outfit

pretty textures

I also have a playlist to share. This one is definitely my most favorite that I've made so far, and I am so curious to know which artists or songs you enjoy the most from this list!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


ps. My sweet blog friend Tillie featured me on her blog recently, and I answered some fun questions! Click here to check it out.

And one more thing, my friend Erin in Alaska sent me a couple of super cute gifts from her Etsy shop, Happy Owl Crafts! You can click on the shop's name to visit, and check out her adorable creations. This is one of the head cozies she sent my way. I am loving the little bow. Thanks again, Erin!

gift from my friend Erin!

I hope all of you have the best night! xoxo

Tuesday afternoon

37 comments:

  1. love those slow easy kind of days...in whatever profession. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Tegan and Sara's music! Great Canadian gals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfits are always so cute and bright. Love them lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty pretty outfit. i will check out all of those links you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is Zooey Deschanel! I've loved her voice since I first heard it on Elf, No joke! I'm so jealous of your wardrobe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my name is Kelsey. Im a junior in high school in Florida and i just wanted to let you know your probably the coolest teacher ever. I read your blog everyday, and I really think you should know I wish you were my english teacher lol!

    Well thanks for always giving me something to look forward too on the internet to read. Have a great vacation!
    -Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay Okay, I can't be in your class. But my 16 year old sister totally should! At least I could live vicariously through her. Senior memory book sounds really great.
    Fantastic outfit by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look adorable doll! looove that skirt!
    thanks for the shout out ;)
    xo-

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this outfit so much! you are so gorgeous!

    xoxo, Eden

    ps. AMAZING playlist! perfect for this evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stop being my favorite person in the whole world! I just found your blog and am in love!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the playlist. And LOVE that headband, I will have to buy one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That outfit is especially cute! But you always look cute. :) I would love to see She & Him sometime as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will listen to the playlist @ work when I have time ;) Love love your outfit as usual, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your outfits. You are such a cute teacher! I'm sure all the students love you. What does your "Sweet Darlin" tattoo mean? Just something cute?

    ReplyDelete
  15. your playlist is my heart today, sukes. ethereal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those cupcakes you mentioned sound delicious. Just had a look at the recipe and they're so simple as well! I must make them.
    You wore a very pretty outfit yesterday :) I love that skirt!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  17. i´m going to see she & him over here in berlin, germany at the end of april :) i´m so excited already!
    if i´ll make video and post it on youtube i´ll let ya know ;)
    love,
    hilka*

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE the unicorns, Jelly Bones will always be one of my favorite songs. And Mates Of State are freaking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love this outfit too!!! it's perfection. i really love your style Danielle! i wish we lived closer, i would looooove to have you as a shopping buddy!
    -kellie

    ReplyDelete
  20. i don't think i have mentioned this before, but i LOVE seeing all your adorable outfits! i am just getting started in my first professional career-type job, and i have a lot of trouble figuring out what's appropriate to wear, and what will cover my tattoos (i have a couple on my chest so tops have been the major issue). i have been coming back to your blog a LOT in the past few weeks for inspiration!! thank you so, so much!! and p.s. i love that a lot of times, your shoes are from target. a girl after my own heart, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i'm so jealous that you are going to hawaii! i'm from there and now live in california, but i miss it dearly!

    have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing tied with a bouw!
    It is darling.

    I love the bright red and classiness of your outfit.

    I hope to see more recipes from you, I made your tofu recipe recently and LOVED it. I'm really big on spicy stuff :)

    The playlist is awesome as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the outfit! It is the colors! They are so fun & cheery!
    LOVE the Dream a Little Dream song but that has always been one of my favorites! (LOVE that movie! It's one of my top 10)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is probably my favorite playlist of yours too. I have really enjoyed all of them, but this one features a lot of the artists I usually listen to. I love that there were a ton of artists that I already love and listen to a lot, but I haven't heard a lot of these specific songs. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i mean this as a compliment: you dress all cute like the teacher from GLEE :) so cute!

    oh and i LOVE mirah (on your playlist) - have you heard the songs she wrote all about bugs? so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really admire the way you wear bright colours. For some reason, I have a hard time wearing anything that's not black or grey!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm a Phoenix (specifically Chandler) reader and I must say, I am so happy that I found your blog.

    I don't seem to find many cool people, let alone bloggers, from AZ. You have become an inspiration to me =)

    p.s. your playlist made my day even better

    ReplyDelete
  29. cool playlist- thanks ♥ ! Zooey Deschanel is adorable, I just saw 500 Days of Summer yesterday- it's awesome. Also the Architecture in Helsinki song was really good too, but actually the whole thing's great

    leanna x

    ReplyDelete
  30. i added your blog button to my bloggity blog. i love your blog! it's so positive and uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful Music, Adorable skirt, I'll be at the She and Him show in Austin...but I think Hawaii trumps that.
    I love your senior project, I just finished a memoir unit in class, we read Liar's Club by Mary Karr. I think your students will really enjoy this project!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Adorable outfit! I can't wait to listen to the music when I get home from work.

    ReplyDelete
  33. 3/4's of your outfit is from Nordstrom lol You would make a great ad for the company ;) You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Are you starting this up again on flickr? I need to take more daily outfit posts. It's tricky to hide full sleeves! How the HECK do you hide those leg tats?

    ReplyDelete
  35. saw this print and thought of your love for the nesting dolls!

    http://printsociety.com/1299-whats-inside-+-silver/in/editorspicks

    ReplyDelete
  36. Adorable outfit, as usual!

    I can't believe you have a Munchausen By Proxy song on there! I watch Yes Man with my boyfriend practically every other week :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your leg tats! And u have the cutest outfits :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips