Saturday, March 6, 2010

Wonderful Saturday!

I spent today running around like crazy, getting a lot of last minute things for my trip next week, buying groceries for Hank so he'll eat well when I'm gone, and basically just checking things off an entirely too-long to-do list! When I got home, I was greeted by a rather large package, propped up against our door. When I saw the return address, I was positively giddy. I opened it....

and found that my friend Silje had sent me THE MOST thoughtful surprise present ever, along with the sweetest card. I was so blown away and touched, and just really amazed that she took time to paint such a beautiful painting for me! Thank you so much Silje, you are the best and you totally made my day, week, month, etc.

How perfect is this painting?! It's Madeline! I can't wait to frame it tomorrow and find a perfect spot on the wall for it.

surprise gift from my friend Silje!

In other happy news, while out today I bought a few adorable nail polishes and a new hair product that I am definitely going to review and share tomorrow. I just attempted to take photos of the polishes but the colors don't look right in the artificial light, so tomorrow morning I will be sure to post those. Right now Hank is off at Poker Night with the dudes, so I am enjoying a quiet night in. I skipped dinner out with friends at Hugo's to workout, and I was a little bummed because I crave their green corn tamales daily, but my sweet hubby came home and dropped one off for me while I was at the gym, complete with a note saying I love you. Awww. So now I'm just hanging out- I just finished up a feature on our wedding for a friend's blog, so as soon as that is posted I'll share the link. Tomorrow is the first day Hank's had off in a long time, so we'll either stay in bed all day, or get up and do brunch, go to the movies, etc. It's all up to him, so we'll see. If you can believe it, I still haven't seen Dear John! So that's on my to-watch list, along with Shutter Island, Alice in Wonderland, and a handful of other movies.

In the meantime, I hope all of you had a fantastic day and are having a wonderful night. See you tomorrow!

xoxo

19 comments:

  1. I love your long hair - SO pretty! :) Have a wonderful trip to HI!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many movies in theatres right now that I want to see, I just don't have the time! Alice in Wonderland if definitely at the top of my list, since I just wrote a paper on the stories it is based on :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay <3 sooo, so, so glad you liked it <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. that painting is so adorable... i love her pet portraits!

    I liked Shutter Island--it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time! It was just creepy enough but not too scary.

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just talking today about having Silje do a pet portrait of our family dog, Walter. Crazy! Quiet nights are always nice, and a much needed day with the hubbie will be great too. So jeolous you are going to HI, have such a great time!!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely portrait!xxx

    http://ulrikahblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful portrait!! That is fantastic! Hope you have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh that painting is SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That painting is AMAZING! I love that the color details in the ears match the colors in the ruffle collar. So creative, what a lucky girl you are to have a friend make it for you.

    I saw that you stopped by my little corner of the blogosphere the other day. Thanks for taking the time :)

    kjjventura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. go see shutter island! my husband and i both really liked it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a sweet portrait. It suits her so well! :]

    Enjoy your Sunday!
    Jaco

    P.s. Alice in Wonderland was amazing! Hope you get around to watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful painting! how neat.

    i hope you and hank have a great day together tomorrow. i love days off together. :)
    shutter island is so incredible.
    it's not scary, just thrilling.
    and the ending is so good. it had me crying!

    p.s. i'm starting a new feature on my blog called "i want to celebrate" and it seems like something you might like! being a teacher and a standup woman in general. :) check it out if you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw--what a sweet husband!
    And what a sweet friend! That painting of Madeline is too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome painting! :) what a sweetie!

    Alice is great, make sure you go see! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen the pet portraits and once I have enough for one I'm going to ask her to do one for my husbands very old pit. Your Maddie looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. she did a great job! that painting is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i need to try that hair product! thanks for posting about it.

    the madeline print is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chinchilly is probably my favorite nail polish ever. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your new painting. She's one of my flickr friends...I think her artwork is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips