Thursday, April 22, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

Hi there! Tonight I thought I would share some of my favorite things with you! If you guys enjoy this feature, I'll continue to do this every couple of weeks, so let me know what you think. Here's the first 7 groups of my favorite things! I'd love to know which of these you already love too, or if you decide to check any out, which you end up loving!

I also encourage all of you to make your own "favorite things" list on your blog, and link back here in the comments so we can all enjoy what you love, too!

3 movies to add to your Netflix queue:

"An Education"

"City of God"

"The Wrestler"

3 television series to add to your Netflix queue (and watch in their entirety over a span of one weekend):

Pushing Daisies

Freaks and Geeks

My So-Called Life

3 albums to download (with one of my favorite songs from each album):

Modern Life is War's "Witness"

Aesop Rock's "Labor Days"

Coco Rosie's "Beautiful Boyz" EP

3 books to read:

The Handmaid's Tale by: Margaret Atwood

She's Come Undone by: Wally Lamb

The Glass Castle by: Jeannette Walls

3 blogs to visit:

3 Etsy shops to check out:

3 inspiring online articles to read now:


  1. You have some great favorites! :)
    I absolutely love My So Called Life! I feel like I grew up with that show. It was (is) the best!!

  2. Oh love! I definitely think you should continue to do this.

    Oh i love love love an education too! wonderful.x

  3. Pushing Daisies, I love that show. I was so sad when Freaks and Geeks was cancelled. The Glass Castle made me laugh and cry at the same time, and She's Come Undone made me not kick myself for wanting some independence. Great favorites, lady

  4. i think it would be neat if you kept doing this; i like it.

    i remember when freaks and geeks was on tv. i loved that show, hehe. education...i love peter sarsgaard's voice.

  5. can't wait to check all of that out! i have my so called life on my netflix cue, i loved that show growing up...still makes me want to dye my hair on

  6. ahh! i think freaks & geeks and pushing daisies are my two favorite shows :)

    great post!

  7. Love this! Great list! She's Come Undone is one of my fave books too.

  8. I love Freaks and Geeks and Pushing Daisies. Too bad both were canceled. I really like this feature :)

  9. super cute :) This is the smart girls version of "favorites". I have a feeling mine would have much less substance. More like, flowers and lip gloss. haha.

    p.s. i found some hilarious high school pics of us. Just you wait until I figure out this scanner of mine.

  10. oh my gosh, i LOVE this post!! an education is one of my favourite films in the last year - i have a girl crush on carey mulligan. ;) also, i LOVE mickey rourke, he really is a great actor.

    pushing daisies = favourite television show of all time. i adore this show SO much, i did a 3 1/2 month project on it for a producing class in college - it was so intense but i'm so glad i picked a story that i truly love so much. i want to be chuck. :) (and lee pace is so cute!) it's a shame it was cancelled, i'm still sad about it.

    i wanted to be claire danes when i was younger. (i still do a little bit;))

  11. I love this!!

    Freaks and Geeks is one of my favorite shows. I am still heartsick that it was canceled. I have it on DVD though :)

    The Handmaid's Tale is one of my favorite books of all time. Dystopian fiction is probably my favorite genre and that book might be the reason why.

    Have a great weekend!

  12. I like these posts! I hope to see more. I watched Pushing Daisy's. I loved it! I was pissed the way they end it. Why do they seem to cut the best shows off abruptly?! I mean, Rome, Deadwood, Pushing Daisy's. I am sure I am forgetting quite a few.

  13. Loved the first two books, will give the third a try!

  14. i loooove all 3 tv shows and all 3 books. Pushing Daisies was so fun and cute. I felt a little bad for Chuck, I liked her.

  15. thanks! this is great! 3 things is enough for my brain to get around so im actually guna check a load of these things out :)


  16. LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! Please do more like this!

  17. Love this post! I love hearing people's favourites!

  18. So cool! Love this post. And I love blogs that share fresh music and blogs with me! SO FUN.

    also be sure to check out my first ever giveaway over at my blog!

  19. Freaks and Geeks! I totally forgot about that show!

  20. As a person who has suffered from chronic depression I found that article on negative people really offensive. "sad people exist solely to bring you down to their level." and yes i get the irony of complaining about this.

  21. So many wonderful things to check out, thanks Dani!

    ps; LOVE Freaks & Geeks. I wish it was still on.

  22. Want to hear something cool? I could have been in The Wrestler! A lot of my friends are in it since it is filmed in New Jersey and at various independent wrestling shows in New Jersey. Mickey Rourke is such a cool guy.

    Loved loved loved Freak and Geeks!


  23. We have the same taste in books! And The Wrestler was a fantastic movie. I work in a deli in a natural foods co-op and we serve potato salad. Every time I dish up a serving of it, I cannot help but think of the Potato Salad Scene in the movie.
    Great list! x

  24. Great post idea.

    She's Come Undone, is one of my faves too. Havn't read it in a while, might have to reread it sometime soon.

  25. I loooooove Freaks & Geeks and My So Called Life!!!!

    Happy Weekend!

  26. I have to agree with your choices except for "She's Come Undone." Can you tell me what you liked about that book? I read it and hated it. I felt like I needed to take a shower after I read it. I would be interested to hear your take. :)

  27. @WriterGirl so sorry you were offended. I am also someone who has suffered from depression and I wasn't offended whatsoever! To each their own, I guess!

    @WindsorGrace I really enjoyed the book as a beach-read kind of novel and thought that the main character was really interesting. I enjoyed her entire story, from beginning to end. It's hard to pick what exactly I liked about it, as I liked the entire thing: characters, plot, everything! xoxo

  28. I love love loved the Glass Castle and She's Come Undone. Wally Lamb's son and I were good friends growing up. He's a really wonderful man!

  29. My friend just got netflix so I'm excited to check out pushing daisies and city of god. I've been wanting to see city of good for so long!!!

    and that modern life is war album was amazing. i miss that band

  30. I have read the new Atwood book "The Year of the Flood" and wa not thoroughly impressed. I hear the "Handmaid's Tale" is fantastic though. Maybe I will give her another go around. I love Pushing Daisies, infact next week I am making cup pies because of Chuck. (:

  31. Feaks and Geeks, My So-Called Life, Pushing Daisies, An Education... all awesome.

  32. I loved An Education. The fashion was beautiful, and I love Peter Sarsgaard!

    Also, I was talking to a friend about The Hunger Games last night, I'm over halfway through and was recommending it, and she said she thought you had posted something about really enjoying it too! I must have missed it but It's one of my favorite things at the moment!

  33. So happy to see someone else digging modern life is war :) I have loved them for oh so long! Coco rosie too! Great list of favorite things!

  34. Oh, I LOVE City of God! I've seen the movie a few times and I own the book. I love that you included it in your list!

  35. I love this idea! I am so sad that Pushing Daisies no longer plays :(. Oh! An Education was such a great coming of age movie. I'm always looking for new great blogs and etsy shops to check out! Awesome!

  36. I love you favorites! :)

    Here are mine!

  37. LOVE Pushing Daisies and Freaks & Geeks! I remember liking My So Called Life back in the day, but, I recently tried to watch it again and was a little disappointed.


Blogging tips