Wednesday, June 9, 2010

17 week update!

I have a little baby bump!

17 weeks BUMP!

front

Weeks 15, 16, and 17 so you can see the change...

Weeks 15, 16, and 17

This week I've definitely felt like my stomach has gotten a bit bigger. One day I woke up and it was just there! This morning it was even bigger than it had been, so I was excited to snap a little photo. I bet I will "pop" even more in the next few weeks, and I'm really excited. It's crazy to think I'm almost HALF WAY DONE! Holy cow! In two weeks we find out the gender, and that's going to be really, really exciting. I talk about that every single time I do a baby bump update but it's all I can think about now that it's so close. Imagining having a little boy or little girl is equally exciting and I just want to know right now! We've been house hunting like crazy and we've found a house we really love...and I just keep envisioning how I'm going to decorate the nursery depending on what we find out on the 25th. We're still going to look one more time when we get back from Hawaii, but I'm pretty set on this house so we'll see what happens! It has 3 bedrooms and 3 baths, plus a loft. It's just a couple of years old and has everything I love in it! I'm really excited to see what happens.

Oh, and I can't forget my weekly fruit/veggie update, right? haha. The baby is currently the size of an onion!


Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.


As far as how I'm feeling with the little bun on the oven, I first wanted to say THANK you to all of you who have shared you experiences on my most recent post. Although I am feeling fabulous now, in the beginning it was rough and I'm so happy that other mama-to-bes can read that and know that we ALL have felt the same way. That's so great. So thank you so, so much from the bottom of my heart for always being so open and honest in your responses. I (and my other readers) appreciate it so much! So yeah, this week has been great! We are leaving on a little babymoon tomorrow so the excitement has kind of made the week go by pretty quickly. I spent the past six days at my parents, spending almost every minute hanging out with my Mom (Love you Mom!) and I also got to visit with so many of my friends! I swam everyday with my Mom up at the pool, ate a million berries and fresh fruit, and really enjoyed every evening sunset. Being at my parents' is like being on vacation, it's the best.

my favorite summer foods

Arizona sky

I received a lot of thoughtful gifts this past weekend too, both belated birthday presents as well as anniversary gifts, and I was so touched! I say it all the time, but I love my friends so much and I am constantly blown away by their love and open hearts. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing women! I wanted to share two of the wonderful presents I received. First, an awesome Star Wars onesie courtesy of my darling Erin Peters (yes, Hank flipped out when he saw it)! How cool it this?! I can see a little boy or girl wearing this- for the girl I'd just add a little headband. I also received multiple prenatal massages at Amomi Pregnancy Wellness Spa in Scottsdale from Autumn, Shirls, Erin, Emily, and Alana! I am SO excited to use them and I really think that it was the most perfect gift. Thank you again ladies, I love you!

Star Wars onesie and Amomi prenatal massages...love my friends!

I hope all of you are having a wonderful week! I will be enjoying myself on the beautiful beaches of Hawaii very soon and I can't wait. Many photos and updates to come. Happy Wednesday! xoxo

34 comments:

  1. Awwww, look at you!!!! You are precious!!!! Enjoy every moment! & I'm so glad you've felt so good during it all! That's a wonderful thing!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!! Baby bump!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the miracle of life amazing? I bet you're positively glowing. Congrats on your bona-fide baby bump!

    Love and Turtledoves,
    Jaco

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I had a bump at like 14 weeks, but I was tiny to begin with (I only weighed 97lbs before I was pregnant). You seriously will pop out of nowhere.

    I remember one day my boyfriend's sister was like "omg Jazmyn! your stomach got HUGE overnight!" so yeah lol. Have you felt any movement yet? Like any butterflies or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, i'm so happy for you! i love the baby bump.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww look at your adorable little bump! I love watching it get bigger each week! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWW!!! How cute are YOU!? So adorable and I'm so so so excited for you. Yeee!<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Your baby bump is adorable. Seriously, my hearts melts a little more reading this. When I saw the onion, it just blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you look so cute and big congrats. I just wanted to say that I also took my first tattoo today and I am so excited. I am already planning more of them..........Love your tattoo Tuesday and yout blog anyways. Take care of you and the bump <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have the cutest baby bump!!!!
    i have been reading your blog for a little while and i love it very much!!! i am very happy for you!!
    your absolutley beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love that that is a 'baby bump' to you and to everyone else, it's just a regular tummy!! haha, unless they started with a super flat tummy like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just read your body image post from yesterday, and for what it's worth, I think you look beautiful and inspire me to love my body every day. I know it's gonna be hard to change so much as the baby grows but you have the perfect attitude about it!

    Your baby bump is so, so precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAYYYY you're showing! You're so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dr. Francois is one of the doctors that owns AMOMI. She was my perinatologist (high risk OB) and I adore her. You will LOOOOOVE the spa.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just wanted to pop in and say you're looking wonderful doll!! Thanks for sharing! I look forward to seeing your progress.. how exciting!

    lm.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this mamma's baby belly. can't wait to find out the sex then I can send little hampton a gift from Juneau, Alaska!
    xo doll.

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://www.punkbabyclothes.net/

    My friend Dina sent Chloe some stuff from there. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow that tattoo is gorgeous!!! And yay baby bump!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I seriously can't wait for you to find out if it is a boy or girl. I have some seriously cute stuff for little ladies still packed away that Coral has outgrown for "just in case"

    ReplyDelete
  20. aawww little bump! so cute... i'm so excited to see if you're having a boy or a girl... eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful baby bump!!
    Thanks for sharing the weekly changes, it's so fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your bump is the cutest! I love the star wars onesie. My hub would have died for that when we had little ones. Good luck with the house-buying! Enjoy Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love this post! and i love your belly update photos! i can't wait to see it all the way through <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. AUGH!!!!!!! I'm soooo excited! You have a bonafide baby belly bump!Love you little baby-incubating mama! Have an amazing time on your "babymoon"!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So stinkin cute... Love taking pix each week so you can SEE your belly growing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Danielle-

    I saw this post on another blog and thought of you.

    http://decor8blog.com/2010/06/08/nesting-dolls-baby-shower/

    Let me know if you check it out.
    -Sara(h)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lookin' good!!! I love when the little bump appears.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Look at your little bump it's so cute! You look completely stunning, as does your holiday!

    http://notsocountry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooh, that's a proper little baby bump! This is so exciting. I love seeing your journey through your pregnancy. I can already see that you and hank are going to be wonderful parents. That baby will be so lucky!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips