Thursday, June 17, 2010

"I am here."

silly us

Dear little one,

It's hard to believe that your Dad and I are going to be parents in less than half a year. Sometimes I feel like we're still kids ourselves. It's funny how life works; growing up you always envision your future, but once you get to this place you've always pictured, it's just so amazing to step back and say "I am here." These moments happen, these instances that you've dreamed of and thought about your entire life, and it's incredibly miraculous to have arrived in that little pocket of time. All my life I knew I wanted to be a Mom. Now that this is truly happening, now that this is here, it's the most surreal, and conversely real thing, I have ever felt. Here you are growing more and more each day. Here you are, already this little person, with a beating heart, a growing mind, flipping and turning and twirling; our child. It's an amazing feeling to know that so soon you will arrive, and with that arrival comes so many new experiences and so many new beautiful moments. All your Dad and I do is talk, and hope, and dream about you: what you will be like, what you'll love, what you'll create. Will you have your Dad's wavy brown hair? Will you have his cocoa brown eyes or my blue-green ones? Will you be a blonde baby like the both of us? Polka dot, green, purple or striped, we will love you. No matter who you are or who you choose to be, we will love you. No matter what, we will love you. We already do. And we always have. In a way I wish we could fast forward to November, to greet you upon your arrival, but I have to remember to cherish these moments as they happen. My stomach grows everyday as you get bigger, and I need to savor this, just the two of us, because each of these precious days I am having will never be again. When you are 1, 3, 15, 35, I will miss these days. I will think back to when you were a tiny little thing in my body and remember how badly I wanted to meet you, and I will be amazed at how quickly times flies. And in that moment, I will say again, "I am here," in disbelief that life has yet again taken its beautiful course. Amazing.

All my love,

Your Mom

30 comments:

  1. This is really sweet. This is where life gets really fun. There's no way to describe it until your there. Excited for you. Cherish every second. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was adorable and beautiful and something your child will be lucky to read someday! you guys seem like such a wonderful pair, and your baby is lucky to have you!

    xoxo,
    susannahbean

    ReplyDelete
  3. *tear*
    I almost wish our parents had digital documentation like this. Your child is going to be so elated when reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet :) Your baby will be lucky to have such amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute. I found you thru my friend vannys blog I read your blog all the time. Even tho I don't know you I'm so happy for you, you deserve the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this made me cry. you are such a beautiful and loving soul, danielle. this baby is so blessed to have you as a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, bit of a tear-jerk post! So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was so beautiful. Even though Im a bit late, congratulations! :) Im sure this must be a great experience! :D

    Just passing by, and loving ur blog!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle that was totally beautiful!! Honestly I had a tear in my eye reading it. You and Hank will be amazing parents and I feel honored that you would share these moments with us your readers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so cute, enjoy every moment of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable :) Your baby is really lucky to have parents like you and Hank. It really shows through how much you love becoming mom and oh man, you and Hank are just so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so, so, so beautiful- and you're officially responsible for turning my baby fever up from an 8 to about an 11 :)

    You guys are the most beautiful couple, and I can't wait to meet your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow this is beautiful, and honestly i got a bit emotional. I cannot wait to have a child of my own :) and again, congrats

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the sweetest thing I think I've ever read. It's amazing to see how great the pregnancy process is, not just the side you hear about (morning sickness, being "fat", ect). I really enjoy when you write this way, it's quite touching.

    Love and Turtledoves,
    Jaco

    ReplyDelete
  15. This brought tears to my eyes, thinking back to my own pregnancies. You're absolutely right to cherish these moments... you'll remember them forever. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww beautiful =) your going to be a wonderful mommy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw this is just too sweet! Y'all are gonna make amazingly wonderful parents. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with Diana. Baby blogs are an amazing way to keep a record of your pregnancy and will be so wonderful to read when your child is older!

    So excited for you and Hank :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very sweet, Danielle.
    You make me excited to be preggo someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so lovely, it made me tear up, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ooohhhh I feel so teary. What a beautiful letter for the future. x.x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is one of the most purest and most loving and sweet posts I've ever read. You're such a beautiful person and you and your hubby will be proud and wonderful parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful letter Danielle, it really made me tear up. I recently wrote my first letter to the baby we lost last summer and I found it really helped. Reading your letter was so touching <3
    xo cait

    ReplyDelete
  24. Today I'm super emotional! I read this and actually cried...like tears dripping down my face. My husband and I decided this morning that we were going to try for a little one! I hope that I enjoy being pregnant like you are!

    ReplyDelete
  25. awww, gosh. I so badly want to be a mother myself and am awaiting for the right time for my husband and I to start a family. ( we're only 25 and 28, so i figure we still have tons of time).
    You made my eyes water though.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just love the way in which you put your thoughts into words

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips