Monday, June 14, 2010

Winding down our trip!

Our wonderful vacation is ending tomorrow evening and it's definitely bittersweet. On one hand, we have so many other great trips and events coming up and we miss Madeline terribly, but on the other hand it's always hard to leave such a place of relaxation and fun. This trip was to celebrate our two-year wedding anniversary and it definitely was a wonderful way to do so! Even though I was just here a couple of months ago, Hank wasn't with me, so it was so much fun to share this with him. We've been to Hawaii together a couple of times prior to this, but this was the first time we'd been here without other family members, so it was nice to have a little "us" time, especially before the baby arrives in November.

Today was a great day. We woke up and went down to breakfast at Lava Java (told you, can't stay away!) and enjoyed listening to a wonderful man play his ukulele and sing pretty songs. Paired with my yummy organic breakfast it was a fantastic morning. Afterward we walked around a bit, then came home and started getting things done for tomorrow- laundry, etc. The rest of the day was spent at the beach and overall just relaxing. For some reason I've been absolutely exhausted today so it was good to take it easy. Here are a few photos from the day:

another early morning!
another morning!

beautiful, sunny day!

our view from breakfast this morning
view from breakfast

mine
mine

Hank's
his

coffee

at Lava Java for breakfast

live music during our meal, so pleasant
live music during our meal

downtown Kona

I love being the passenger, NOT the driver!

it never gets old

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I am so jealous of you. I went to Hawaii for my first time in March and I want to go back so badly that I can hardly think about the trip or my body gets all claustrophobic and crap when i realize i'm in the middle of the US. LAME.

    HAVE FUN!

    XOX,
    Litle Miss Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know i see you have a few of that style dresses. i was at the store yesterday and saw a huge rack of them so i thought "well she always looks super cute let me try some on" well maybe its just me but a very preg me does NOT look good in it. i was sad and jealous to say the least. of course i know your going to be able to pull it off soon. oh and congrats momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i know it is always horrible for me to leave too...! But I am glad to hear that you guys and a greattime together! Those pictures look awsome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Is it ok to have another vacation by living vicariously through yours? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two look like you've had a wonderful time...and I'm super jealous btw!! All of your vacation dresses are sooo adorable, jealous of your tattoos too, and definitely enjoy this pre-baby time with just the two of you!! tfs all the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dress! The eyelet lace is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing photos! It looks like a blast :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. look at all those cute little freckles on your face. maybe your sweet babe will have them too. take care doll.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. so awesome! hawaii must be so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful sunset! and mmmmm yummy food. you are glowing, by the way! and i love your shades. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That just looks like the most amazing time! It must have been amazing to have a little break and it sounds like you just soaked it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh that looks so, so amazing! You are totally glowing. You two look so happy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips