Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

Hank and I spent the 3rd of July doing the majority of our celebrating, so the 4th was more of a low key day. We slept in a bit, then headed over to breakfast at the Sweet Potato Cafe with his family who is visiting from Michigan. It was a lot of fun, and my breakfast burrito was delicious. Afterward we came home and napped the day away, and after I woke up, I spent the afternoon downtown with Amber, talking for hours and enjoying the most delicious shaved ice, ever! It was a perfect day, and capping it off with fireworks on a top of a hill with Hank only made it all the more ideal.

I hope all of you had a splendid 4th of July and enjoyed your weekend, whether you spent it with family or friends! Amber and I were talking about how next year, Henry will be joining us, and how insane that is! Life changes so quickly and I can't wait to see all that is in store.

walking from our house
walking home

perfect summer day

4th of July, downtown


Also- now, prepare yourself for EXTREME cheesiness (seriously)...but I made this video for my Mom (she loves these little things), and I thought I might as well share it here. The music is of COURSE Bruce Springsteen- I mean, what says America like The Boss, right?! I didn't go the ultra-cliche route and do "Born in the USA," although lord knows I wanted to! Anyway, enjoy! It's super short but you'll get a feel for what the parade was like, and what our afternoon experience was all about. :)

4th of July, 2010 from Danielle Hampton on Vimeo.


  1. I seriously need to move to your city! I love small-town America and parades! Having been to Tucson before, I thought the entire state was hot, desert-like and architecturally uninspiring. I woulda never guessed that parts of Arizona could have four climates, grass and Victorian buildings :) Shows how much I know...

  2. that shaved ice looks amazing!!!!
    i need some asap in this heat.
    & i loved your video & you can't go wrong with Bruce on 4th of July!! i was singing "born in the USA" all day yesterday! xoxo

  3. haha, aw cute video i liked it :)

  4. eeee you're going to have to let us know where amber's turquoise ring is from! pretty pretty.

  5. Thanks everyone! :)

    @Jadie - Urban Outfitters!

  6. Oh man, those snow cones look so good! I'm going to have to find me one of those!

  7. Aw, your town is so adorable! I love seeing glimpses of real-life America instead of just what I see on TV and in movies. Haha!

    Cheesy home movies are the best sort, btw. :D

    Also, just wanted to let you know I've passed on the Versatile Blogger Award to you. :)

  8. i loooove cheesy videos. and bruce ;) it's SO amazing to think about next 4th of july and the fact that little henry will be here! so so so exciting!

  9. Your hometown is the cutest! Looks like a fun celebration!

  10. I wish we had something like that here in England..
    It looks so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

  11. I gave you the sunshine award momma to be! =]

  12. Looks like fun! & wow, I don't think I've ever seen a sno cone that big before, it's huge! & looks yummy!


Blogging tips