Friday, August 20, 2010

Hello Friday!

Thanks so, so much for all of your kind words and positive thoughts about our inspection! It went very well and we are good to go. Now we just have a termite inspection on Monday and we are hopefully off and running towards our closing date. Like I mentioned in yesterday's post I hadn't even seen the entire house, and we hadn't seen it for a month or two since our first and only visit, so it was fantastic to be able to walk through it, and imagine US living in every room. It's a lot bigger space than we're used to, so it's almost shocking to think about having all of that room to make our own! I can't wait. I didn't want to take tons of photos until it's cleared out and ready to move in and it's actually ours, but I did snap a photo of part of the kitchen. I'm so weird and still feel like all of a sudden the bank will say, "Oh just kidding we DON'T accept your offer!" even though we are past that part and safe. I hate worrying but it's hard when you are so excited about something!



I just keep imagining all of the wonderful meals, sweets and treats we will be cooking in that great space. Hank and I are so excited to have our friends over for dinner (we'll finally have a proper dining room), and all of the holiday baking I'll have space to do. To give you a bit of a comparison, here is our teeny, tiny kitchen now:

our little kitchen!

Yes, that little green counter top is seriously the ONLY counter space we currently have. As you probably know, we cook and bake a lot and somehow make it work, but I am just over the moon happy about having so much more space to work with. Like I said yesterday, this is our "first home," in the sense of being homeowners, so it's a big deal for us and I'm glad we were so patient. I know I won't feel 110% secure that this is truly OUR house until we have the keys in our hand on our closing date, but unless something insane happens (ie, termites eating the house alive), I'm getting more used to the idea. :) It's just hard for me to think anything is definite until the process is truly done and over with. It's funny because our realtor today was like, "Yes, Danielle it's okay to get excited now" because she knows how cautious I am. Still crossing my fingers and looking forward to the day I can just sit in the new place and breath a sigh of relief! ...and then get straight to work getting the house together before Henry arrives! haha. But really, thank you again for all of the positive energy! I definitely think it helped.

It's amazing right now because in the blog world there are so many wonderful things happening for so many of my friends. One had a baby today, one announced her pregnancy, one found a great new place to rent, another is engaged, and another is starting a new career! That's one of the reasons I just love reading personal blogs- there's always so much good to share in, and at the same time when there's some bad, there's always a great support system. It's a beautiful little world we have here.

With that said, I hope all of you have a wonderful night! I'm excited for an extremely laid back weekend full of rest and relaxation. Until next time!

37 comments:

  1. yeah friend! good things happen to good people.
    xo
    can't believe you and katie are having babes so close together. makes me almost want another...until I see Logie climbing the kitchen cabinets and I realize my cup is full with two boys already. hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. technically it will be truly YOURS whenever you finished paying the bank...30 years from now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. how exciting, yay!! crossing my fingers that everything goes smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. technically it will be truly YOURS whenever you finish* paying the bank...30 years from now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous,

    Thanks for that, but you're assuming you know all about our situation, which you don't! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anonymous,

    Quite being a jealous Debbie Downer!
    Don't hate, CONGRATULATE!

    Love you!!!!

    xo
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. the kitchen looks great! lots of space, yes. that is exciting! have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so excited for you!
    it's such a beautiful place.
    i can just tell from the kitchen alone.
    :)

    yay!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jess! :) I love the "don't hate, congratulate!" I'm going to add that into my repertoire of good phrases.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww, danielle, how exciting! i'm so happy for you. i can't wait until the day we are finally able to buy a house. renting is such a bummer sometimes. and i am excited to see the photos after you move in! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lauren I'm SO excited when you guys get to do it too, it's a good feeling after working towards it for so long. I think it's awesome to have rented for this many years because it makes this time so much sweeter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't take credit for that phrase... I learned it from Maury.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! That's so exciting!! :]

    Why say something crappy??? Ugh! PEOPLE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so okay Amanda, I'm assuming the person didn't even mean anything offensive by it, just assuming and telling it like they see it. Granted, kind of a weird comment to make but whatever!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Danielle! I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful news, I remember when we fell in love with our home in 2005, it is a wonderful feeling when you get those keys in your hand, how exciting new baby, new home - good times!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a very exciting time. You need to soak in every moment of it while it happens - good or bad. Before you know it you'll have a few more kids and be putting your youngest on a bus for Kindergarten. This year, my little Henry, is going into Kindergarten. I can't believe how time fly's.

    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay a new house! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh gosh that kitchen is amazing! How frikin exciting! Can't wait to read your post about packing up and moving in!!! eeekkk!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh it's yours when you get the keys and close! if it were just the bank's, they would pay for your plumber and stuff like a landlord, so don't listen to anonymous!

    so many congratulations to you guys! how exciting! my fella and i bought our first house this year, and it's just dreamy to have our own garden, more space, an upstairs. so. enjoy all of your excitement and what a fun time to look forward to!

    xo abby

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks amazing, I'm so glad the inspection went well and it's all going ahead!! :)

    Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. i just wanted to say that i've been following your blog for probably a year or more now, and although i may not have ever commented, i feel really connected with your life on some level. i don't want to sound creepy or anything, i just agree with you completely about sharing life achievements and sadnesses.
    i never commented to say, but when i read you were pregnant it made me so happy for you and hank! and this news about the house just seems like the icing on the cake for you guys, all this couldn't happen to a nicer, sweeter couple.
    thanks for being such a wonderful blogger and i hope i don't come across as a stalker!
    leah

    ReplyDelete
  23. The kitchen looks gorgeous!!! I'm going to look at a place today to rent and am hoping the kitchen is a decent size because I love to cook and bake as well!!!
    Congratulations on the inspection going good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats! I'm envious of your future kitchen. My current one in my new house has counter space comparable to your current space. :p We loved everything else about the house though and so we'll just have to deal until we get the money to remodel it.

    My bf and I put an offer on a shortsale also, but it was turned down. It sounds like you guys had it relatively easy actually, I think we ended up with about 5 offers before we finally got our current house. We were also being bid against by other people that had more financial strength during the time people were rushing to get the first time home buyers tax credit though.

    All in all we're happy with our new home, especially now that we've begun to make it ours (no more white walls!). Homeownership is fantastically rewarding. :)

    Congrats lady! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That new kitchen looks amazing! Congrats on your new house :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. That kitchen is so beautiful! I'm very happy for the three of you. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Uh, the bank took back my loan a week after when I was supposed to close on my house.

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Bethany That's horrible! I was actually talking about the bank changing their mind on accepting the selling/offer price on the short sale, which is past. Luckily the other stuff is already well taken care of.

    I'm sorry that happened to you!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. Danielle,

    I'm so very happy for you guys !! We have to be supportive of each other and not hate one another like anonymous people do (so rude and mean) !! Having a house is such a great feeling. My husband and I just bought our house (got it build) June 27th. Can't wait to see more pics .

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so happy for you both! You are going to have so much fun in your new kitchen! This makes me so excited to buy a house one day! Minus all the stressful parts in the beginning ;). I bet you are very happy that you're almost there! I'm really happy for all 3 of you! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a beautiful kitchen! the home looks like it is lovely. I really hope it all works out well for your growing little family :) Congrats! Thats so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations on your house and your pregnancy! What an exciting time in your life. : ) I love reading your blog!

    -Mandy

    www.mandysuzannereid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. i love big kitchens! hope everything works out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. so excited for you, keeping you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips