Sunday, August 8, 2010

Last first day

Well, I'm heading to bed in just a bit in preparation for my "last first day of school" tomorrow. I'm definitely excited! It's weird to think I will only be with my kids for a couple of months before Henry is born, and it's even weirder to think I'm going to be a big ole pregnant teacher! I've never had a pregnant teacher in my life, but a couple of my kids last year said that one of their middle school teachers was pregnant for most of the year and turned horribly MEAN. hahah. I definitely don't think I'm any "meaner" - the only thing I can see myself getting is overheated from covering my tattoos while trying to wear maternity friendly, yet fashionable clothing. Ugh. I'll make do though. Luckily I have the entire 1st semester mapped out day by day, both for me and my sub, and I do believe this will be a bit of a breeze due to my fine planning! ;)

And on the subject of teaching, I was looking through my Flickr and came across some of my "daily teacher outfits" from exactly one year ago! It's so funny that that was then:

my teaching outfits from exactly one year ago...so much has changed in a year!

and this is now:

...and this is now!

What a difference a year makes, right?! It just goes to show you that no matter where you are RIGHT NOW, everything could totally change in a year's time, for the better. You just never know what life has in store for you, and looking at these photos really hits that home for me. Pretty neat.

Well, I hope all of you have an amazing week, whatever you are doing. On an unrelated note, I posted on the Sometimes Sweet Facebook page earlier today (see my left hand sidebar to get connected) about Tattoo Tuesdays. With Henry coming in a few months I am trying to get tons of posts scheduled, so if you're interested in being featured please pop over to the FB page or email me at danielleahampton@gmail.com - and don't forget the "a" between my first and last name!

Alright! Night everyone!

xoxo

26 comments:

  1. you always put the cutest outfits together! I love your style <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are seriously too adorable!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely outfits!
    i'm sure your pregnancy ones for school will be just as darling. : )
    have a great first day tomorrow!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girlies! I think I am going to have Hank take photos of my "big ole pregnant work style" too. haha.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're going to do wonderfully with your last few weeks of teaching this year :) Keep your head up and enjoy the end, because of the new beginning that is your little boy! <3

    Love and Turtledoves,
    Jaco

    ReplyDelete
  6. School already!! Id love to be a school teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly the only real problems I'm having this last month of my pregnancy is standing and walking around. I really can't do it anymore lol, after about 15 minutes I feel like I'm going to pass out or something.

    Although I remember having a pregnant teacher once. I didn't think anything of it. However I do remember one day she got pretty snippy at one kid because he was doing something. This was my freshman year of high school though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful mama! lucky Henry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have amazing style! I'm so jealous, I'm a teacher as well and when i started at a really conservative school I lost some of my own style and being...still working hard to find it again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Last first day back!
    I must say that it seems so early for you to be going to back to school! it's a month longer till school starts again here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your outfits are absolutely gorgeous! No doubt your pregnancy outfits for school will be too.

    I had a pregnant teacher in school who was pretty mean but she was like that anyway, hehe. And another one who was just as lovely as ever.

    I hope you have a good first day back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I had a teacher that dressed as cute as you in high school I would have died. Mine were all old bats with orthopedic shoes...huge bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, these dresses are gorgeous. all of them. I would definitely wear everything you've worn :)! and I#m sure you're future outfits will be amazing too!have a great first day and enjoy the last month in school! greetings from germany, fee

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are such a snappy dresser and so cute pregnant. Really enjoying reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. aww i love then and now photos! what a difference a year makes. babies are soooo exciting :)
    ♥elycia

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so incredibly cute! I'm still getting used to covering my tattoo for work & sometimes it feels really lame... but your outfits are so cute and fashionable that you're re-inspired me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you have a great last first day of school!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your outfits!
    I would LOVE to see your pregnancy work outfits too... i'm 10 weeks pregnant now and my clothes are all started to get a bit tight, i would love some inspiration of what to wear that is work appropriate and still cute!
    Thanks, Chloe x

    ReplyDelete
  19. hope you enjoy your last first day!!
    have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i bet you can pull off cute maternity wear all while covering your tattoos :) just drink lots of cold water so you don't get too hot !

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW I love your tatts and your blog iiiiis sweet <3

    I found you on top baby blogs :) I have a 7.5 month old boy and miss the cute preggers-me :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Enjoy your last bit of teaching. I'm sure you're going to miss your kiddos. Just remember to sit! I taught until the day before my son was born. I tried not to sit too much until about month 8 when my feet swelled up the size of watermelons--well, at least that's how it felt! You know, my lots of my students told me that I was much meaner when I was pregnant. I think they were happy to have their 'nice' teacher back once I returned to work! Hey, at least I had an excucse!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are SUCH a cute lil' mama-to-be. That bump is too adorable. I love your dresses, too! Can't wait to see your comfortable-yet-chic maternity teaching dresses. :) (That was a mouthful!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. ^totally second natalia... you totally rule at life with your uber coolness. :) beautiful mama!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love your style so cute. I was teaching last year too- and this year? preggers just like you!!

    {blog} www.loveandwells.blogspot.com
    {esty shop} www.wellies.etsy.com
    {email} loveandwells [!at] gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips