Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Worker bee!

Well, two days down...a "few" more to go, but I am definitely enjoying my time at work! I've had great luck and I think that all of my kids are just darling, each and every one of them. Even after two days I can tell that my time at school going to be wonderful and continue on without any problems. It's nice to keep myself busy, and I think I will enjoy it as my due date gets closer. It's nice to be around all my teacher friends, and it's also kind of neat to have SO many new people in our department!

Here are a few photos showing one of my "tattoo and maternity friendly" work outfits of the week:

off to work

pregnant teacher style :)

and the cute details of the top without the sweater!
detail

So yes, overall today (and yesterday) was really fantastic. On the first day, I do an activity with all of my classes- one of those awkward, getting to know you games that students probably hate, but I really like! :) I have them turn to the person next to them and ask them 10 questions I've already chosen, write down each others' answers, then introduce each other to the class. It's always really interesting to see their answers to the questions I've picked out- especially their favorite band and their biggest wish for themselves. Today was down to business and I literally talked all hour, every hour. We went over the syllabus and all of my rules, upcoming projects, etc. I teach the same exact thing five times in a row so it can get a little monotonous but overall the kids make it fun. Tomorrow we actually start "learning" something and we begin our Native American Lit. unit.

Hank has been so incredibly sweet about me going back to work for a bit while pregnant. For the past two nights he's had dinner ready for me when I walked in the door. He basically told me to take a seat, put my feet up and then fed me such great food. What a man, huh? ;) Last night we had Thai and tonight I came home to a delicious, delicious home cooked spaghetti and "meat"ball/fresh veggie dinner. Yum. If you're curious, our favorite meatless meatballs are the Trader Joe's brand, and that's what he used here. They are incredibly good.





After dinner we headed downtown so Hank could play a show with one of his bands, Hot Skin. I really, really, really LOVE this band. Addison is the singer/guitarist, Pat plays drums, Jordan plays second guitar and Hank plays bass. It's really fun music and always a good time. Plus, I got to see a million people I haven't seen in awhile which is always fun.



If you're curious about what Hot Skin sounds like, here's a video I took awhile ago at one of their small shows here in town. The quality isn't anything special, but you can kind of get an idea of the type of music they play. It's a side project for these guys (all but one of them are also in Hour of the Wolf with Hank), but they're about to record an EP, so I'll post info when they release it.



So, this week is almost half over and I'm looking forward to a nice, relaxing weekend spent with Hank and my friends. On Saturday I'm going to see Eat, Pray, Love with my friends Adie and Becky, and then hooopefully getting root beer floats at the Raven again. So good. (Amber, wish you were here!)

That's it for now, bed is seriously calling my name! I hope you all are having a beautiful week!

xo

38 comments:

  1. so happy for you that school is off to a good start!
    hank sounds like SUCH a great husband.
    you're a blessed girl! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so frickin adorable! I have that same dress in black (I love it!) but I never thought to belt it. I will have to give it a try. Was your work anti tattoo in the past? It makes me feel so relieved that I don't have to think about hiding my tattoos at work and can focus on the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic shirt! :)
    I'd love to hear more about the recipes Hank uses.
    Good luck with school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, so cute.!

    where is this top from? or dress? i loooovve it. you look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh that top is amazing! Can you share where you found it?

    Hank has the same face when he plays that Chris does when he plays his drums, that open-mouthed kinda thing. Too funny!

    xoxo,
    susannahbean

    ReplyDelete
  7. that dress/shirt is so cute! i love it.
    glad the school year started off good for you :) youre a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad work is going good for you! That's a super cute outfit too. :)

    http://littlesugarmonster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're adorable. and trader joe's "meat"balls really are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely outfit.
    tell hank to add his band's songs to grooveshark: http://listen.grooveshark.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Try Quorn meatballs and I will try the Trader Joe ones. They are my favorite. All the Quorn veggie products are pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That top is so pretty, and the light pieces in your hair look great! I'm glad that school is going well, but make sure you sit down during lessons and let the kids do the talking!
    Started any sewing projects yet (made my first napkin last night)? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw you look so adorable and pretty, i will start work in a week and a half but unfortunetly i don't have the freedon like you, to choose what i want to wear, i have to wear a not very nice uniform :(, but is a delite to see what you are using.

    very nice dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw you look so adorable and pretty, i will start work in a week and a half but unfortunetly i don't have the freedon like you, to choose what i want to wear, i have to wear a not very nice uniform :(, but is a delite to see what you are using.

    very nice dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha, we totally had pasta last night with trader joes vege meatballs too! we love them in our house too <3

    p.s. have you tried putting them on a roll with sauce like a meatball sub?! so good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the outfit and the food looks amazing, you have one more supa special man there girl!!

    Much Love
    -sK

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a super cute dress! love it!

    xo,
    cb
    www.thecitybirdsnest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can only imagine how picky you have to be with your work clothes but you always seem to find some amazing, work-appropriate pieces! Come take me shopping haha.

    ps; Isn't it the best when you see your boy up on stage rocking out? So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. glad you're enjoying school!

    hank is so sweet to make you food for when you come home.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, I love your outfit!
    You look so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your little belly is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute choice!!! I love love the dress:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super cute choice!!! I love love the dress:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. the meals hank made look delicious!!! I'm glad your school year has started off good!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. hi doll,
    so glad school is starting off with joy and excitement. love that dress and the bow is adorable, definetely going in my Sunday post...since it is on my new obsession with bows. ;)
    much love,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love the dress! and its fun that you like going to hanks shows

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE your shirt, it is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look gorgeous! Have fun back at school!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow you look wonderful. I would wear that dress pregnant or not pregnant its so darn pretty. where is it from?

    glad school is going well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh my gosh, you look SO cute, danielle! i love that top - the bow makes it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. love your blog, that's all i have to say :)oh and love your dress, adorable.

    http://www.repeatwithbrazen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. i love when you post veggie meals you eat! it inspires me to try new things. i bought trader joes meatless meatballs recently but i haven't had a chance to make them. now i'm excited to!

    ReplyDelete
  33. your such a hot mama!! I luv your dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it looks so cute with the belly

    ReplyDelete
  34. They sound really good. I'd definitely go see them if they were 1 of our local bands.

    ReplyDelete
  35. ohhh i need to know where you got your pretty top! & congratulations, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my, you're too cute and I love that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What year do you teach? I teach all of the things you mention to juniors in PA. I love being an English teacher!!!! Have to say, though, that I'm sure my students would have a greater appreciation of you...young, hip woman! Being in my 40s, having two teenage kids myself makes me such a "mom" figure to the kids...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips