Monday, September 6, 2010

Rosemary's Baby


While on Twitter earlier this evening I mentioned how Rosemary's Baby was one of my all-time favorite movies, and how much I adored the costuming. My friend Elsie mentioned she'd never seen it, and inspired me to make this post! Mia Farrow's wardrobe throughout the entire film is to die for, and every time I watch it, I fall more and more in love with something new. Besides it being just an all-around amazing film, it's total eye candy and captures the style of the decade to a tee. It's chock full of prints, peter-pan collars, bright colors, smock dresses, and boxy silhouettes. I would love to have her maternity wardrobe too, although I think that desire is better in theory since anything tent-like can be quite questionable when you already feel as big as a house. On 1968 Mia though, perfection!







all images via google and imdb.com

These photos don't even do the movie justice, as there are a million more outfits and little details that really add to the overall look. If you've never seen it and are compelled to check it out, please do so! I promise you won't be disappointed. It's really a perfect Autumn-time movie too, with just the right level of creepiness.

Do you have any shows or movies where you just love the styling? Perhaps you seriously covet the wardrobe of a particular actor or actress in a film or swoon over the costumes in a tv series...I'd love to know, so feel free to share in the comments! As for me, my vote definitely goes to Rosemary Woodhouse, with a very close second going to Joan Holloway in Mad Men!

I'll leave you with the eeriest lullaby, courtesy of youtube and Rosemary's Baby!

20 comments:

  1. i love the styling in rosemarys baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress down right... I think I have to check out the movie, beacuse I have never seen it as well. Blame on me :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a huge rosemary's baby fan! We had the vhs of it when I was little and the cover always intrigued me. It is the first "scary" movie I remember seeing and I even got to write a paper about it in college in my Horror Film class!
    The wardrobe I want is definitely Chuck's from the tv series Pushing Daisies...so so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love that style! Although it's doubtful that I could pull it off lol.

    I should really watch that movie again, last time I attempted it I was pregnant with my son lol. So, I got creeped out and turned it off :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all these dresses! ...I've been watching Pushing Daisies and loving Chuck's wardrobe...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i love this movie. i love Mia Farrow & her outfits in this movie. i want the whole wardrobe!!!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cute little suitcase she runs away with (or, tries to runaway) at the end! Lately, I've been loving the white-trash chic clothes on true blood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the very last dress, on the bottom right. I've never seen Rosemary's Baby but I've heard of it from America's Next Top Model haha! Tyra wanted some girl to have the short haircut Mia did. I'll have to rent the real thing though :)

    Love and Turtledoves,
    Jaco

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing movie, amazing costume design. I also love Diane Keaton's styling in Annie Hall, Faye Dunaway in Bonnie & Clyde, Goldie Hawn in Shampoo...and in TV, you can't beat Marlo Thomas in 'That Girl' and Mary Tyler Moore in her show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen the movie but you just inspired me to rent it tonight. Even if it isn't a fantastic film (which I trust it is), I can at least admire all of the lovely fashions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep... I definitely want to watch it now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's crazy to me that a lot of people have not seen this movie, I've watched it since I was a little girl. Her clothes and hair are amazing in this movie, she was the reason I chopped all my hair off <3 Mia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i totally agree that this movie has great wardrobe and it's one of my favorites in general too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. mia farrow is one dreamy lady. she pulls off short hair so beautifully!

    oh gosh, joan holloway! i just got finished watching this week's episode. even if she's only in an episode for one scene, i'm always swooning over he wardrobe. she's fabulous, and gorgeous. i totally have a girl crush on christina hendricks. ;) i would love chuck's wardrobe from pushing daisies the most, probably. she's my absolute favourite... i wish that show was still on! so unfortunate.

    there are so many movies and shows where the wardrobe has completely inspired me. i should make a list and blog about it, this is such a fun topic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mia Farrow looks absolutely adorable and charming. I definitely adore Chuck's wardrobe from Pushing Daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the style of the show gilmore girls. the town is so cute, i just want to live there! and i love their clothes and everything else about the show. but their talking is annoying to most people so no one will watch it with me. haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE "Rosemary's Baby"!!! It's one of my all time favorite movies, and I swear it's mostly because of how damn cute Mia Farrow is all throughout it!

    Thanks for the pictures. Now I'm in the mood to watch the movie again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. find yourself a little blonde wig and this would be a FANTASTIC and timely halloween costume:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. case also neat pertaining to words and phrases! :)
    best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips