Sunday, October 17, 2010

36 week/9 month update

I have one question: where has the time gone?! It seems like only yesterday we were so excited to go in for our first ultrasound to see our little speck on the screen. I'm starting to think that "time flies" is going to be a regular phrase around these parts once our little guy arrives. It's just beyond words how quickly this pregnant has gone by. Now that I'm at the end I've been thinking a lot about this whole journey, and the first word that comes to mind is "fast." I hope I remember this when he is born and really cherish every single stage and moment...I'm realizing that it will be gone in the blink of an eye and sooner than I know it I'll have a walking, talking, kindergarten-ing baby boy. Insane.

As far as how I've been feeling, still really good. There are moments in the day where I am pretty uncomfortable due to his positioning (he seems to really favor sticking his foot right up in my right side/ribs), but it's not too bad at all. I haven't had any other aches or pains, no back pain, and I'd say the only other uncomfortable thing is what I'm assuming are Braxton-Hicks contractions that I get mainly in the middle of the night. I wake up in a bit of pain but then they subside and I can go back to sleep. No big deal though. I've had a good amount of energy and have been able to continue to work out every single day. I always do some form of cardio for about 30-45 minutes (or maybe an hour or so if I am walking outside), and then I've also kept up my weights routine but lowered the weights all the way down to 5-8 lbs. I do think this portion of my exercise routine has helped me really maintain my muscle tone in most areas, but I still notice a change in different places. I'm not concerned though, which is SUCH a good feeling. I feel like because I've been as healthy as possible my body has done exactly what it has needed to do to sustain my little boy. Any weight gain or change is the natural thing my body had to do and months ago I surrendered to this. It feels good to just "be" and to accept it. I'm proud of myself.

I posted a photo a couple of days ago with Henry's in-progress nursery, and we are still making headway. Hank needs to touch up the white trim tomorrow and then we will be moving everything in and beginning the "fun" stuff- putting the pieces together and decorating. H. will sleep in our room for awhile, so there's not a rush, but I'd really like to try and have it done before he comes.

Tomorrow is also our last day of birthing class! It was a six-class series and I feel that overall it was pretty beneficial. It took place at the birthing center, so it was good to get familiar with where this will all be happening. Tomorrow we graduate and do some sort of labor practice. And speaking of labor, I've been having the most vivid dreams about giving birth and meeting Henry. He's just so cute in my dreams, just staring up at me with blue eyes. In the dream I'm overcome with this sense of peace and happiness, and it's pretty surreal. I definitely can't complain. I wake up with a smile on my face every time.

And, here are a couple 36-week photos:

36 weeks/9 months pregnant

36 weeks/9 months front

It's funny that my little pigmentation line isn't a straight line. It kind of cuts apart and veers off...but whatever! This week H. is the size of a Crenshaw melon, which I have NEVER heard of before. The idea of any kind of melon making it's way down and out of my body is a little disturbing, but what goes in must come out so I am just focusing on HOLDING and LOVING my little Crenshaw melon and not the whole process of pushing said melon out of my body.

Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement. At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.)

So, that's 36 weeks! I'm off to go on a little walk around our neighborhood with Madeline. I hope all of you have a lovely Sunday.

xoxo

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

39 comments:

  1. You look great. I love how your tattoos frame your belly perfectly.


    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look wonderful! Omg I looked huge compared to you! That's probably because you work out a lot though haha, I didn't work out at all or do much when I was pregnant.

    Good luck with the last 4 weeks. 1 month to go! :)

    Little Sugar Monster

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a perfect pregnant belly! You should be proud! You have treated your body and baby well-- and now you will have a healthy baby boy in a short few weeks! How exciting!

    I know what you mean about time flying during pregnancy. I feel like I JUST announced I was pregnant (at 4 weeks) and now I am 20 weeks on Tuesday... Goodness, time does fly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous girl! I seriously can not believe that you are 36 weeks preggo, the time has flown. For sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kayla thank you so much!

    @Jazmyn you looked SO beautiful pregnant too silly girl! Huge pregnant bellies are so amazing.

    @Mandy thanks so much darling! It's also crazy to me how quickly your pregnancy is going! 20 weeks!? Holy cow! I can't wait to see the beautiful girl you guys are going to have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute belly :] I remember dreaming of what my little one would be like. She's even better than I imagined!

    sending you some love from babybergen.blogspot.com


    -kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you had any stretching with your tattoos? I love the side of the ribs as a potential place for me to get a tattoo, but I'm worried there will be problems with it stretching out when I eventually get pregnant.

    Hope your last few weeks are smooth and I can't wait to see pictures of Henry when he arrives!!

    Sarah
    http:/baumers.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures!! I only have a month left too! It's getting so close and I'm so scared but like you said, it feels like it's flown by.

    My first pregnancy, my line was crooked too and it seemed to me like it only got darker after I had my daughter. You look amazing and I'm so jealous that you don't have any stretch marks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @sbaum I've actually had NO stretching with my tattoo, it's pretty awesome actually! I will be sure to take a photo for my next update so you can see. :)

    @shea there's still time to get some! haha. I don't mind though, but I'm thinking that maybe since my Mom didn't get any I won't either. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi there. i found your site through ... don't even remeber but wanted to tell you how amazing and beautiful you look and wish you all the best for the rest of the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute belly mama! Are you planning a birth center birth?
    You go girl!

    My line was wicked crooked, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so good! Your preggo belly looks so toned. Definitely inspiration for when I have kids ha.

    You're soooo close to the finish line. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure if I've ever posted here but I'm a loyal follower. I love all your updates and how self-sufficient and independent you seem and how well it seems that you know yourself. Very very admirable. Your attitude about this pregnancy has also been so great. What a lucky little boy Henry is!! I also admire how well you take care of yourself and the daily discipline you seem to have. You are, in many ways, a great inspiration.

    msred5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous!! There is something so beautiful, natural and wonderful about a pregnant belly, i cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're looking great. Good luck on this last bit. Funny, I just did a post yesterday about how fast the time has gone with mine & he's 10 months already. Basically what I'm saying is that the months will only start going faster!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look adorable! I can't wait till your little Henry bird arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can remember thinking that by the time you give birth I would be in a different part of my life. I am, but not near how far I thought 8/9 Mths ago..
    Time has definitely flown.
    I have enjoyed your journey so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look so fit for being 9 months prego! just goes to show what taking care of yourself can accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your baby belly looks so incredible BEAUTIFUL!!! Just wanted to say that :)

    I really admire you for going to the gym during the ninth month of your pregnancy.

    xo and have a nice afternoon,

    Mel

    http://mel-lifesalabyrinth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. you look great. being healthy pays off. you inspire me to move my body and eat better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG you look so good! I look like that after I eat a big burrito. TIME FOR ME TO HIT THE GYM!

    ReplyDelete
  22. holy cow! you DEFINITELY DONT look 9 months pregnant. You still looks so tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is so amazing! I love that it's gone so well for you. It's quite different just following someone who is pregnant... I'm excited for you! :) Can't wait to see how absolutely gorgeous Henry will be.

    ReplyDelete
  24. your belly looks amazing!!
    Can you believe how fast the time flies?!

    ReplyDelete
  25. @Rachael yes I am! So exciting :)

    @zazazu What a thoughtful, kind compliment. Thank you so much. <3

    @hollysarah I know- time is INSANE! I can't believe how big your little Fawn is already. It seems like you were pregnant with her just yesterday.

    and everyone else, thank you thank you thank you! You all made my day <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. stumbling upon your blog has filled a drizzly morning perfectly. Good Luck with the last month of your pregnancy :) Ali

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, I'm Lindsay and I just started following your blog. I just wanted to say that everything you are thinking about is what I thought about when I was pregnant. And yes, time does fly (we just celebrated Maya's 1st birthday!), but thankfully I've been able to stay home with her 24/7 this whole time to love and cherish every single second of it! My life before her was great, but she added something that I never knew I always wanted. Peace and blessings to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your cute pregnant belly! You are so cute Danielle! <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look beautiful, Danielle. Thank you for sharing your pregnancy journey.

    My friend recommend cocoa butter after the pregnancy. Just passing the info.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am a few weeks behind you... so I'm looking forward to all of your posts to see what I can expect. It's funny, the line on my stomach separates off too, yours looks really similar to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh my heavens, your belly looks adorable and so pretty with your colorful, whimsical tattoos wrapping around! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  32. you look great! So awesome that you have been able to continue to work out - I think that if you treat your body well leading up to pregnancy, it will treat you will in return, and it sounds like that's clearly the case (but look at me... Ive never been pregnant!) I love reading your posts about the little guy and can't wait for his arrival. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. You are so cute being pregnant. Take care of the baby very much

    ReplyDelete
  34. you have such a beautiful pregnant belly!
    xo.
    allison

    ReplyDelete
  35. You are the cutest! and i hope my side tattoos hold up like yours did!! Lol any tips?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips