Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin Picking

I've written about how much I love this season more than a handful of times, and today was one of those days that got me extra excited about all things Fall. I seriously CANNOT get enough of this time of the year; from the delicious food (apple cider and Autumn-inspired pies) to the weather (crisp, clear, and occasionally stormy), it's all so inspiring and so amazing. Every year I just feel so renewed and re-energized, and I'm filled with so many fresh ideas and hopes for the future. This year it's even more exciting because this year's feeling of renewal couldn't be more fitting as I become a mother in the next month. Change is definitely in the air.

Growing up we would go to the same pumpkin patch every year. We'd go on a "spooky" hayride out to the field, choose the roundest, most orange pumpkin we could find, and enjoy fresh cinnamon sugar donuts and hot apple cider. It's a family tradition that is still fresh in my mind, and that wonderful pumpkin patch holds some of my best and earliest memories. This year, my parents, sister and her fiance came up and joined Hank and me on a trip to our local pumpkin farm. It was a wonderful day. We found some great pumpkins and enjoyed the Autumn day. Hank and I kept getting so excited about that fact that next year we'll have an almost-one year old little guy with us to enjoy all of the sights and sounds. It was incredibly fun to imagine bringing Henry there, and we really can't wait.

My family just left to go back down to the valley and I'm pretty sad. It's so lovely to have them up here for any period of time, and whenever they go home, or we're visiting and we go home, it's a bit of a bummer. Luckily we're only two hours away, but it's still hard. I'm just trying to focus on the fun times we did have while they visited rather than be depressed that they're not here. It's hard though...

BUT, it was such a fantastic day and we took a few photos I thought I'd share. Tomorrow Hank and I will be carving our pumpkin and I'm especially excited for some baked pumpkin seeds. So good.


this morning- 9 months pregnant! Feeling good but getting anxious to meet our son!
good morning! 9 months pregnant :)

the sign on the way into the farm...comforting ;)
hmm...

so excited about all of this Autumn-ness!

He's seriously so handsome it kills me.
handsome papa-to-be

Lauren
sister

feeling as big as a house but I guess that's expected right?
walking into the pumpkin farm

<3

I love this one!
favorite photo of the day

pumpkin patch

picking out the perfect pumpkin
finding the perfect one

"not by the stem!"
"not by the stem!"

Lauren and Abe
Abe and Lauren

Mom and Dad
Mom and Dad

a pumpkin among pumpkins!
a pumpkin among pumpkins

Hank and Mom
Hank and Mom

hayride
hayride

the lake at the farm
pretty lake at the farm

and finally, our pretty pumpkin!
our pumpkin selection

29 comments:

  1. you look SOOO pretty! and definitely not like a pumpkin. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thank you! I felt like a big ole pumpkin, especially in my outfit choice. But it's all good. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, pretty lady! You're the best looking "pumpkin" out there.

    I'm so excited for your last month, with the nursery and all the last preparations! I've less than a week of my pregnancy left (I can totally relate to the "big as a house" comment.) if we go by the due date, and I can't believe it's gone by so fast. The last month flies by (yet slows as you become less comfortable). I'm still full of nerves and anxiety, but I'm so excited for her to finally get here.

    It's so neat getting to watch how you're bonding with your little boy already. He's so loved! You'll have such a have a beautiful family. I look forward to reading more of your journey into mom-hood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnna,
    What a sweet and thoughtful comment- thank you so very much. And how awesome that you are due so soon too! So fun. Good luck with everything darling girl!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Not by the stem!!" LOL! I learned that the ouchy way! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures Danielle! All the years I lived there we never went to the pumpkin patch. Hmm I'm thinking my parents jipped me ha! Henry will be one very lucky boy with great parents!

    I tried to vote on the baby blog but don't think I did it right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. goodness, i hope i look as gorgeous as you when i'm 9 months pregnant someday! ;) i love your outfit, you look radiant, dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Lea ohh I found out the hard way too! :)

    @TDT thanks for trying at least, sometimes those voting things can be confusing. I clarified the directions in that post if you want to try again! <3

    @Kelly Ann You're the best and so sweet. Thank you as always for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your a beautiful pregnant woman :-)

    PS thought of you today. Had some woman come up to me at the gym and tell me I shouldn't be there! I actually found out since I go to Goldsgym that if people make comment abt my pregnancy I can get them written up

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so fun! I've always wanted to go to a pumpkin patch but my bf is the ultimate grump!

    http://www.thatmuchfurtherwest.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look amazing! Sweet photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't been to a pumpkin patch in so long! I miss them lol. Next year for sure and then I can take the little one too lol.

    Little Sugar Monster

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, I wish we had the pumpkin patch tradition in Australia! What a lovely day out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful mommy-to-be! I have been reading your blog, and I am so excited for you!
    I wish we had cute pumpkin patches in Florida. Probably so hot, all the pumpkins would burst. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pumpkin patches just look so adorable! I'd love to go to one but I don't think there are many here in the UK. And you still look absolutely gorgeous at nine months pregnant. I'm so excited for you guys to finally meet Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are absolutely glowing in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. aww you look so beautiful! Your belly is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you look great! Love your cute little moccasins! I love this time of year too! It just brings back so many nice childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such great photos - looks like you had an awesome time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi!,
    I just want to say that you don't look "as big as a house" at all. You look absolutely georgeous and I hope that one day when I am expecting a child I look even half as beautiful as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous pics. You look fantastic - it's so obvious you've been at the gym throughout your pregnancy. Good work, Mama!

    XO
    Carly

    All this is Grace and Charm
    http://allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Jessica West Judkins I can't even believe some people would be that rude! When it happened to me I was totally shocked. Some people! ;)

    And thank you EVERYONE for all the sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  24. you're completely adorable and tiny! I loved your shirt choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. you look beautiful and it looks like a perfect day! going to the pumpkin patch is my favorite thing to do in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  26. going to the pumpkin patch has been one of my favorite traditions to introduce to my children. there is something about fall and the start to the "holiday season" that makes being a parent feel so so good. ps: you look uh-mazing {would it be rude to ask what blush you're using? or is that just the glow of motherhood?}

    ReplyDelete
  27. Please please tell me where you got those wonderful little mocassins!? Love 'em. And your lil' blog. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look so adorable with that belly! ♥ and your outfit is great!

    I wish I had a little pumpkin farm patch to go to in Los Angeles. Their idea of a pumpkin patch is in a parking lot with a moon bounce, ahhh!

    Ohh and you & ur boy are soo cute together !

    xo

    kristin.

    ReplyDelete
  29. i love love love that dress! where did you find it?!
    xo.
    allison

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips