Hi guys! I hope you're all having a great day. Today I thought I'd share another one of my favorite things to eat, straight from my Mom's kitchen, into mine...and maybe into yours! It's incredibly simple, very healthy, and looks so pretty if you host a brunch or breakfast get-together. Plus, there are a million ways to change it up and add variation.
Here's what you'll need:
1 pie crust
10 egg whites
Veggies of your choice
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Set out one frozen pie crust.
3) In a large bowl, mix egg whites (add yolk/s if you'd like- I prefer straight egg whites), cooked broccoli, and a small amount of shredded cheese. The cheese amount is up to you, I'd say I used about 1/4 of a cup.
4) Pour mixture into pie crust.
5) Place pie tin on a large piece of tin foil, and fold the foil up and around the pie crust edges, to prevent the crust from getting burnt/too brown while cooking.
6) Bake for 40 minutes at 350, removing the tin foil edging at 35 minutes to let the edges brown for 5 minutes.
7) At the end of the 40 minutes your quiche should be firm to the touch and a tiny bit browned.
8) Enjoy your healthy, protein and nutrient packed quiche!