Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Slice of...Springfield, Missouri!

for my new blog feature

This week I am so very excited to feature my blogging pal Elsie and her take on her hometown of Springfield, Missouri. Elsie has been so encouraging of my blogging from the very beginning, and I've met so, so many amazing ladies from her. I'm super thankful for her "blog friendship" and all the support she's given me along the way. I'm sure almost all of you follow her blog already, but if not, hop on over so you can enjoy her daily inspirational posts and beautiful photos along with the rest of us. Her blog is truly a treat!


Hi I'm Elsie from A Beautiful Mess (http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/)!

Thank you, Danielle, for inviting me to share a little about my hometown, Springfield, Missouri. I've lived here my entire life and it's a pretty special place. I living in a state with all four seasons, amazing flea markets and tons of quirky local eateries. My fiance and I just purchased my all time favorite vintage store (click here) and we're remodeling it into my own little dream shop! I'm excited to give you a little virtual tour of my town.


My favorite local restaurant is Aunt Martha's Pancake House! They have amazing french toast and french fries too! I love to grandma decor. It's a classic!





Pumpkin Patches + Farmer's Markets. Missouri has the cutest little family-run stands! It's lots of fun. I love the apple orchard too! Magical.


This photo was taken at my favorite park, which is next door to our local art museum. I love taking walks and having little picnics there. It's really pretty with tall trees and a cute little flower garden.


Roller Skating. It's so 6th grade, but it's still really fun! I'm thinking about having a skating party for my birthday this year!


The Heritage Cafeteria. This place is notoriously for senior citizens and my sister and I think it's totally great! They serve grandma & grandpa food, like corn and green beans and cherry pie. It's pretty amazing and it's our grandpa's favorite place to eat in town! ;)


Thanks so much for letting me share a slice of Springfield, Missouri! If you're ever in area, stop by my local store on Commercial Street. XO, Elsie


20 comments:

  1. Love the diner...I have one just like it in my hometown. =)

    XO
    Carly

    All this is Grace and Charm
    http://alllthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...isn't that where the Simpsons live? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i live in springfield, too.
    and i absolutely adore it! : )
    it has so many neat things to offer.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one made me smile. It seems so cozy and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOOOOVE Missouri. I'm from there and wish I could move back all the time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Elsie... Her pictures are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One day I might get round to visiting... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am residing in springfield, too! I go to school here, but me and my fiance are looking for a loft to stay for a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've lived in springfield my whole life too!
    I absolutely love it. I live like five minutes from Elsies new store, and I'm so excited to be there opening day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Springfield sounds like Southern New Jersey. Elsie is adorable. I had to check out her blog and she seems so refreshingly sweet and sincere. I love finding other bloggers through yours Danielle. Thanks for sharing her with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. MY HOME TOWN!!! woohoo! so excited to see it getting some recognition. it really is a great little place, way to show it off els!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm from Saint Louis (only 2-3 hours away from Springfield, Missouri) and I have never been there! Perhaps the hubs and I should swing by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i lived in springfield for two years and moved to northwest arkansas (another great place!) last year... and this post makes me miss springfield & aunt martha's & the downtown square so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate to be the killjoy here, but this was a disappointment. If Springfield is so special, tell us why!! Two shout-outs (Pancake House & Heritage Cafeteria) do not an article make. Everything else was just pics of Elsie & friends with generic found-in-any-town descriptions. I was expecting specifics, so saying "pumpkin patches" next to a pic of random pumpkins is a let-down. A pic of you & bf lying in the grass doesn't show me why the park is your fave. It's also next to your fave museum, which you don't show at all. Seems like an excuse to showcase yourself & not your town. I think you missed the point, Elsie!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a native Springfield-ian as well. I've lived here all my life, and couldn't think of a better place to be. Springfield is just big enough to keep even the busiest bee's occupied, but small enough to not lose it's charm, or to lose yourself in. I've been waiting on the opening of Elsie's shop for some time now, and can't wait to stop in! Business owners like her are one of my favorite parts of our little city. I'd like to point out my favorite local business, just across the road from Aunt Martha's, CD Warehouse. They have all kinds of music, used and new, everything from classic rock to country, ska to Christian. The guys who work there are all super nice, and it's worth a stop if you're ever in town.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooh! I love finding a new blog..and then finding another great blogger soon after through them...great peek into Springfield! We drive through it everytime we drive from our temp home in Texas to home home in Chicago...seems lovely! Great guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. kind if makes me want to move there, it sounds charming!

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome i wanna travel to all these places!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY elsie! :) she's one of the coolest bloggers ever. i wish her new vintage store was in california so i could see it when it opens... and spend all of my money on pretty things. ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips