Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dear Henry (a letter from your Dad),

11 days from my due date...so ready to meet our son!

Dear Henry,

I am so excited for you to be here! Halloween just passed and I thought about how fun it's going to be to take you trick or treating, dress up in costumes and eat candy! Your mom and I have been working so hard on putting together your room. Please don't ever ask me to re-paint the ceiling again! ;)

There are so many things that make me excited about you being here. Being able to teach you how to shoot a basketball, how to skateboard or ride a bike. All these things make me so excited for your arrival. Knowing that your life is an open book, you can truly do whatever you want. Don't ever limit yourself, your mom and I will always support you 100% and want you to be the happiest person in the world. Dream big and reach as far as you can. I promise we will be there for you! It's just a short matter of time before you're here and the countdown is driving me nuts. I imagine all the aspects of life that we will be able to embark on. Take hikes or play in the park, stare at the stars or play in the rain, I don't care, whatever you want to do. Whatever makes you happy. The possibilities are endless. I feel like a kid again and I want to make sure that you have the best childhood possible.

You aren't born yet but you need to know that I want to be the best dad possible to you and give you the best life. I promise that I will always be there to listen when you need me. You can always depend on me for everything. I love you so much and I hope that when you're old enough you can come and read this and know how excited your mom and I were for your arrival. I love you so much and I can't wait for you to be here!

Love, Dad

29 comments:

  1. You two are going to be wonderful parents. I can't wait to see your amazing little boy and see what adventures you all get into :)

    Love and Turtledoves,
    Jaco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! So much excitement it looks like his post with burst with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, this kills me. darling. you're so close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two little girls and they grow up fast! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and your sons infancy! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you two to have such a lovely little one coming into your lives soon- I'm happier for the little one though because he is going to come home to parents that love him more than anything else in the world. This letter made me tear up. I love your blog and I LOVE how beautiful your family is and how excited I am for my own little one to come [in a LONG time from now =)]

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! You both are going to be amazing parents! So happy for you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that you and hank write letters. my hubby has dozens saved on his computer to give to the boys as they grow up.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely, heartfelt and wonderful! I love hearing the dads' side and I think it's so fantastic that Hank is open about his excitement and everything. I love that about dads these days. :)

    You two are just so lovely and have inspiring attitudes toward life.

    So much love,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! So excited for you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, i love this!! What a lucky boy little Henry is! I adopted from China and I remember the excitement that you can not even describe...SO exciting and wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay! a letter from a dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful, brought a tear to my eye, you're little jelly baby is so lucky to have such immense love from his pap's. And of course his momma, he will trually have the best start. Good luck and best wishes, Claire xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously, I would have LOVED it to read letters to me from my dad. These are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How precious. Your son is so so blessed with such loving parents. So beautiful.
    I'm so excited for you! You get to meet him sooo soon. eep!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely letter. There is something so magical when the two of you write to Henry. You can feel the the unconditional love and the excitement for your little one. Thank you so much for sharing this time with your bloggers, it is so wonderful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for making me tear up at work, lol. So sweet. You have one loved little babe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww how sweet is this!!!! i can't wait to meet lil henry!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sweet, and so exciting for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, so sweet. I'll admit to getting a little misty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lucky boy Henry will be with such great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This letter just melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so, so sweet. Henry is a lucky little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really had to make sure no one saw me cry when I read this. I read it outloud to my mom and we both just aww'd like silly little girls.

    You both are going to be amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  24. If only all kids were born into the world with all the love you both already have for Hank Jr. the world would be such a better place!

    ReplyDelete
  25. you two are going to be the best and most loving parents in the world. henry is so blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips