Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday afternoon prettiness

Here's to fun art and a beautiful weekend!

1. I love this fabulous Margot Tenenbaum print from Stanley Chow: (also be sure to take a peek at his Mad Men and Bill Murray prints too. Love.)


2. And this amazing Sylvia Plath paper doll set from Le Lapin Triste on Etsy. I bought this for my friend Erin last year for Christmas and posted about it then, but so much time has passed I just had to share it one more time! The oven is such a morbidly perfect touch.

3. Oh, Marisol Spoon. One day when we have a little girl I am going to fill her nursery with tons and tons of art like this. There's something so enchanting about this particular print to me too- pretty girl, teacup, and a ship? Perfect.


4. "Lengthening" by Angela Stasio. Just awesome.


5. And finally, Evan B. Harris. I love everything he creates and I think his painting are just so beautiful. There's such an air of sadness around them, but overall they make me happy, somehow. I hope you like them too. Here are some of my favorites:



22 comments:

  1. Those are some of my Evan B. Harris paintings too! And I'm now loving Stanley Chow... Might have to invest in a print or two...

    ReplyDelete
  2. great artists! I've been a fan of Marisol Spoon for a little while now, and I agree, so girly and cute, and perfect for a nursery!
    I love the Mad Men prints by Stanley Chow, and the Twiggy one is perfect! Thanks for sharing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, I love all of these! Evan B. Harris is great, I always admire his art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty certain I need that Margot print. Or maybe all of these. But Margot for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a locket from Marisol Spoon that I loooove and did a post on them not to long ago. All their work is so lovely:), I swoon for spoon! Take Care, Janna Lynn http://shewearscrazywell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the Marisol Spoon print! I need to get some art like that for my little girl's walls asap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. marisol spoon! what excellent taste you have my dear. ;) i adore her...i have almost all of her prints and matching necklaces tucked away in my etsy favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful choices! Thank you for opening my eyes to some new artists.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know who Marisol Spoon was before this post, and I have to thank you for sharing! I took a look at her shop and there are some prints I definitely want/need for Kaetana now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE Sylvia Plath, those paper dolls are making me drool...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for posting! I just fell in love with Marisol Spoon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of these, you have great taste! I am definitely going to have to check out those Mad Men prints as well. Thank you for sharing!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of these! Margot Tenenbaum! Sylvia Plath! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! I've tagged you to participate in a game of blog tag with me. All this means is you post the answer to my questions on your blog and then tag someone else.

    There's no pressure to play, but if you want to then go to my blog post and follow the directions.

    http://themermaidtracks.blogspot.com/2010/11/tag-youre-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of those! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i LOVE evan b. harris...great picks from his collection!

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are all incredible! i can't get over how dreamy and pretty they are. i was almost margot tenenbaum for halloween this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i don't know if you're aware but your ad images crashed!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love the idea of having original art in a child's room. It's something special they will be able to pass down to their own children. =)

    XO
    Carly

    All this is Grace and Charm
    http://allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all of these! they are so awesome

    ReplyDelete
  21. ohh my gosh, i NEED one! my boyfriend loves pirates, &well, i love anything pretty. thanks for sharing! <3
    xoxo nicole

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow. i LOVE the marisol spoon print. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips