Sunday, November 14, 2010

Saturday in photos

Today was a good, busy day. I probably should be resting more than I am, but my energy levels have been great, so I figure we may as well get things done while I'm feeling up to it. It's still hitting me that when tomorrow (Sunday) arrives I won't have that normal Sunday evening stress of thinking about the weekend ending and going back to work. I think no matter how much I've loved any job I've ever had, I've always felt that way come Sunday evening. It's kind of bizarre not to have that now. It's hard for me to express this without repeating myself a million times, but this is the weirdest time of my life. We've been anticipating Henry for so, so long. Close to a year. I've counted down from hundreds of days to now, when I have just a handful to go. Everyday I try to wrap my mind around the fact that today I could meet our son, or at the most within a week or two. I'm sure my mama-readers know what I mean, but this waiting period is one of the most interesting, anticipatory, strange experiences I've ever had. When will I go into labor? When will our son be born? Tonight? Tomorrow? The unknown is fascinating.

But like I said, today was great. One of Hank's good friends Matt is in town for the weekend, so he spent the night last night and it made me so happy that Hank got to have some serious guy time. He's a non-drinker so his idea of "partying" is eating ice cream and watching Seinfeld episodes. I love it. And it's so cool we have a good group of friends who see things in the same way as us. It was a fun night, and in the morning we got up and lounged around for a bit, then all went to Hugo's for lunch. I ate WAY too much and as I finished my huge burrito I knew it was a very bad decision! Oops. My Mom told me though that before she delivered me she ate a whole pizza (!!) so perhaps I can use that as an excuse. I've never been able to finish a burrito from Hugo's before but today was my day I guess. And in turn today was also my day to feel a little sick for most of the afternoon! ha. Then following Hugo's we did a ton of errands and then did some work around the house. I'm feeling accomplished and glad my to-do list has been completed with not much more to do other than get our car seat checked tomorrow and wait around for the little guy to make his grand entrance. So...Henry, whenever you want to arrive, we are ready!

Here are photos from today:

running into school to pick up a few things, my old room number- good old #408, and imagining our little guy sitting in this very car seat. I rode in the back of my car so long-legged Matt could sit up front, and it was neat to think about H. sitting back there, hanging out. I'm getting so excited.

Hank's new toy case- I love it, the huge burrito I ingested, and Hank installing a dimmer in Henry's room. It was his first time doing anything electrical and I'm proud of him for figuring it out. We are learning so much through this first-time experience of owning a home (I think we go to Lowe's at least once a weekend), but it's pretty neat to do things ourselves and learn as we go.

we finished hanging pictures in the guest room hallway, Hank had a Golden Eye party tonight with the guys (aka super boring time for me- I really don't like video games), and I found some cute Russian doll stuff at Cost Plus/World Market. Besides that set of plates (3 for $20), they had salt/pepper shakers, place holders, napkin rings, and numerous other dinnerware type items too.

Hank and Matt at lunch today

annnd, me this afternoon! 39 weeks, 2 days. Ready to pop!

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to a fun breakfast date with Hank- and this could actually be our last Sunday "alone," which is pretty monumental. Today in a short-lived, overly-emotional state I did get a tiny bit sad for a second thinking about how everything we've known for the past six plus years of our life is going to change in an instant, but at the same time everything- however different it may be- is going to be SO much more beautiful and better with our darling boy here.

Well sweet friends, I hope all of you had the loveliest Saturday. Here's to an amazing Sunday as well, full of rest and relaxation! xoxo

ps. I also wanted to say THANK YOU so, so much for all of those super sweet comments on my 39-week update post! I feel so repetitive replying back "thank you" to every person in a separate comment, so I just wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate every single supportive word you all wrote. It means so much to me and it warms my heart to feel all of that kindness in each remark and comment. Really, thank you! Also, I never know if people go back and check my answers to their questions via the comments, so if you have a specific question I will answer you pretty quickly via Twitter or also via email. Just a little FYI. :)

23 comments:

  1. Its so close now, I can't even imagine how excited you are to meet your little boy, but I just wanted to say, goodluck with the birth, and hope it goes perfectly for you :)
    Feels like the time flew by, from following the progress on your blog!

    Enjoy your last sunday 'alone time' with your husband :) just think though how special every sunday after this one will be, as a little family!! :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So close! I'm very envious of your perfect little bump!
    And Matt and I have the same views on partying, ice-cream and old TV shows, perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realised that your bump is on your, and I shouldn't call it little! Your perfect BIG bump!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read your blog all the time and wanted to say it was a pleasure to read this post about your thoughts on henry's arrival and all the emotions you're going through. it'll be wonderful to look back on these posts in year to come!! enjoy your last sunday! they're pretty special sunday's hey??

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy cow, it's so close, I had no idea! I think I last checked this blog on Tuesday maybe? And you look so much bigger! eek, I am so excited on your behalf.

    Thank you for sharing your story with people all over the world.

    It's been so much fun reading along with your journey, and I want to wish you all the best with Henry before he arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photo collages, great minds think, alike;). I'm addicted to yours!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to take a moment to thank you! I will never be a momma, didn't want to and physically cannot do cause the ol spine...but it was AWESOME to read about your experience. I loved reading what size your lil guy was at different weeks, was excited to see the gender reveal, and now find myself excited to hear that you pushed the lil dude out into the world! This has been an awesome read for me, even though I'm never destined for the motherhood. I soooo care about your lil family, and wish you all so much happiness. I feel like I've been involved in a friends new experience in life because of your thoughtful descriptions and openness with sharing. I want to thank you for that! Your experience has been very special for me to read and share in, I'll never go through it myself, and never allowed myself to think about the experience. Very soon we will see pics of the lovely lil boy, and I am truly so excited to see them! Congrats to you and your amazing adventure, thanks for lettin me share in it as a reader! Can't wait for your...havin a baby tweet or post! Take Care...hopefully I come across as appreciative/friendly, and not a creeper! :) Hearts, Janna Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would just like to say, I have been looking at your blog for a few months now and you are one of THE most darling pregnant mom's I have ever seen. Your blog tells a lot about you and I imagine you will be a spectacular momma. Thanks for writing and I hope to keep on reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe how close you guys are!! I'm so excited for you and am keeping you all in my thoughts <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh can't believe just how close you are! I hope everything goes well with the birth...

    Love Matt's views on partying! ;)
    Have fun with Hank today!!

    -Kinsey

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the last picture of you and you belly. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look so beautiful! getting closer!! i'm excited for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's good to always be sentimental about your life, especially if it's well lived and well loved. I have 2 daughters and I remember this feeling of being melancholy about that 'lost' time with your hubby but when you have that little one in your arms the feeling of fulfillment is so overwhelming it will make your tummy hurt with wonderful joy, you won't be able to remember a life more complete without the absolute manifestation of the love you and your husband share, your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look like you're all belly! Your hard work and dedication to your health really shows :), you should be very proud of that healthy little bump.

    Also, what do you mean by getting the car seat checked out? I'm SO clueless when it comes to babies. Soon I'll learn.

    ReplyDelete
  15. anon: re: carseat-

    our local police station does a car seat check to be sure it's installed properly! :) I'm sure yours does too- just call the non-emergency number. Often it's either the police dept. or fire dept.!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. i lol'd at the toy case.. probably an insanely smart move, seeing as how babies consider anything within reach a toy they should put in their mouth! =) also, great idea keeping the car seat in your car! you two are so well-prepared &full of love, you're gonna be great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel like it's almost silly to be this excited for you because we don't even know each other but I am! I hope you have an easy delivery. I am so excited to see how your posts will change day-to-day with Henry. Have a happy weekend Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're so close!! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh gosh, now i'm craving a super giant burrito with lots of guacamole! ;)

    i hope you two enjoyed your sunday, love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. i know i just shared a video on fb, but i haaad to share this one! maybe if little henry starts crying, bob marley will cheer him up?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd5yN43TqCk&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the little glimpses of your home in this post - would love to see a 'home tour' post from you - I bet everything looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww you're almost there! Seriously, you really have no idea when they will come. I thought mine was coming early for the longest (everyone did actually) then my due date came and my OB/GYN was talking about induction for the following Thursday so I was waiting for that day to come, the day after that appointment I started having contractions all day and they progressively got stronger (just not closer sadly) and I finally went into the hospital the following day and had her that night.

    I really do hope everything goes smoothly for you, I really wish I didn't have to have a c-section, but it is what it is and she wasn't handling it well. Good luck! I really can't wait to see him. :)

    Little Sugar Monster

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are definitely still looking gorgeous, Danielle! I can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful son.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips