Saturday, December 11, 2010

Guest from Jess/Boho Baby Blog!


Hey there! My name is Jess Gatlyn from the Boho Baby Bump blog. When Danielle asked me to contribute a guest blog post I was so excited. I'll admit, I squealed! And, we are oh so excited that her little man, Henry has arrived!

Since it is so close to Christmas time, I thought I'd share with you guys some fun and simple to make Christmas ornaments. You can use vintage hymnals or any old books that you might have laying around. I first started making these last year. Seeing that it was my first married Christmas, our decor budget was a little tight. So, I sat down with my old, yellowed paper hymnals, which I had used in my wedding for decor. I got out my vintage button collection, some old trim, a glue gun and I played. Sometimes Christmas ornaments can get kinda pricey. The cost to make these is next to nothing, and they will give your "Tis the Season" a more personal touch.

Although these are a very basic version, you can get super creative and layer them, add to them and create all sorts of new goodies. I made these in all different sizes and covered my tree with old tunes. My whole theme was hymnal paper and vintage buttons. I'll probably do something similar this year as well. This is also a fun project to do with the fam and it is super kid friendly. If you're doing this with kiddos, you can easily substite the glue gun for a glue stick.

If you decide to give it a go, please send a pic my way and let me see where your creative juices take you.

Happy creating everyone!



18 comments:

  1. These are wonderful! She is so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful tutorial! great post...i love hymnal pages...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous! I LOVE!
    Thanks so much for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are so adorable!
    i have some old textbooks I could never sell back
    perhaps I will make some use out of them
    thanks for sharing!
    I am doing a DIY wrapping paper demo on my blog soon!
    Big hugs to Henry!
    XXXX
    -Morgan (Blackbird Fly)
    Blackbird Fly

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super cute! I love finding things to make out of beautiful old music sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww, i love them. will definitely make some of those. maybe a bit smaller to use as gift hangers. thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am I the only one who can no longer see anything on this page except the actual post? The rest is covered with "You've exceeded your bandwidth, upgrade to photobucket pro"
    ...Is this something wrong on my end? I don't even have photobucket...

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Mal It's just your computer- I don't even use photobucket in my posts!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see the photobucket icons too, I think it's the blog buttons? I'm no computer whiz though, so I could be totally off.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i see the photobucket images too. maybe the person who set up your site used photobucket.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh I totally see now! Thanks girls! I'll email my web designer :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute idea and it's fast and easy! i love anything that's fast and easy but really creative. love this thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooo beautiful! I'll try for sure!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips