Monday, December 20, 2010

Henry: Week 4

2010 family photo :)

Happy one month, Henry!  It's hard to believe that four whole weeks ago I gave birth to our little guy.  I've already forgotten so much about the whole experience and now I understand how women are able to go through birth more than once. My experience was pretty crazy, yet my mind has already seemed to glaze over all of the painful parts and really just focus on the outcome. It's funny how the mind works! 

This month has been absolutely amazing.  I've written about this a lot since he's been here, but I love being a Mom.  I adore everything about it- my heart has grown immensely over these past weeks and it's truly the best feeling in the world. As far as H.'s progress, his 2-week appointment was pushed to about 3 weeks, and at that point he'd already gained almost three pounds and grew an inch!  I'm so happy breastfeeding is going so well.  We may try and introduce a bottle soon (with pumped milk) so I can have a bit of a break from time to time and get more than 3 hours of sleep, which will be really nice.  Plus, I think it will be great for Hank to feed him and bond with him in that way.  As far as changes- there's a LOT!  It seems like he grows and changes every single day.  The biggest change is how much more alert and aware he is.  Now he can focus on things, move his head and eyes to follow objects, and he really responds to my voice.  He has a lot of strength in his neck and can hold it up for long periods of time too. Before little toys and rattles didn't do much of anything, but now he really can look at these things and notice them- it's pretty neat.  He's outgrown all of his newborn clothes and is now into 0-3 months.  It's funny because like his Dad, he's too long for the smaller items but they fit him width wise.  He's a tall, skinny baby with my round cheeks. At our last appointment he was in the 75th percentile for length and the 60th percentile for weight, so I he's not too skinny- it's just funny that his long legs are busting out of all the smaller pajamas with feet even though everywhere else fits!  The doctor estimated that he would be well over 6 feet, but you never know since it's so early.  I don't put much stock into that, but she said based on his measurements now and the size of his hands, feet and the long, long length of his limbs and torso, she thinks she's pretty right on!  We'll see.  It'll be funny to have a husband and a son who tower over me.

As far as my workout and getting my pre-baby body back, I'm still not cleared for hard workouts (not until 6 weeks), but I've been walking almost everyday and I've been to the gym a couple of times to do cardio.  When I returned to the gym for the first time last week I was so excited.  I miss it so much and I'm looking forward to getting in some good workouts.  I definitely still don't look like my "old" self, and really, I don't care too much.  I'm happy, and I'm focusing on Henry and being a Mom. I know that with my consistently healthy diet and my return to my normal workouts in a couple of weeks I will feel even better and the weight will come off in time.  There's no rush.  As far as the whole post c-section recovery, I feel 100% and I have felt this way for some time.  I'm very grateful I had such an easy recovery and I don't mind at all that I have to get a c-section next time!  And yes, many of you have asked- there will be a next time!  Crazy to think about now for sure, but one day, yes!

This past weekend we also took a trip down to Phoenix so Henry could meet his Great-Grandma and we could spend time with everyone.  He also got to meet our dear family friend Rhonda and also my best friend Sarah- his Auntie Suki.  It was such a good time and totally got me into the holiday spirit.  This will be Henry's first Christmas, and it's so exciting to think about all of the holidays and celebrations to come.  Even though he is just a newborn, all of these festivities are a hundred times more fun with a baby around, and next Christmas when he's a year old will be amazing.  I can't wait!  Well...I CAN wait, haha, but it's exciting to look to the future.

Here are a few photos from the week- enjoy!

little hand...

and little feet

kiss!

Auntie Sar and Henry!
my best friend Sarah/Henry's Auntie

oh that face!

baby wearing at Trader Joe's!
nothing's more attractive than a baby wearing Daddy!

Also, I've kind of forgotten about this site, but I'd really love if you would spare a couple clicks for me. I've met so many awesome Moms through the site and I'd love to continue to do so! :)

Simply click this banner, then click again on the next page. Thank you, thank you friends!


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

27 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family photo! I'm so glad you're healing up nicely and Henry already looks so much different than his newborn self! Crazy how time flies. Cherish it<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Your family is so adorable. You have the most beautiful son! I hope that the next month is just as enjoyable, if not more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never realised Hank was so tall! Adorable family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You three are adorable! I love how happy you are! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little man is so adorable! I'm a pretty new reader, i started before henry was born and haven't said hi yet so i thought i would now. Happy holidays to your cute little family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same problem with Kaetana as far as fitting in to her footed jammies goes. She's super skinny but also really long. So the 0-3 size she swims in butare good in length, and the newborn are too short! haha. Looks like both our babies are going to take after their Daddies height-wise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute! you know you don't HAVE to get a c-section the next time right?? most doctors will let you try VBACs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sunni yay for new readers! Welcome!

    @Anonymous Actually I will have to get c-section, I don't mind though. Even if I could go natural, I have no interest in even trying a v-bac! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are doing so well!! And those black & white pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww...look at your cute little festive family!! : )

    Merry almost Christmas, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your family is so cute and you all look so happy!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl. You look amazing. Beautiful. Awesome. I'm so happy to hear someone with a realistic outlook on getting back to their "pre-baby body," because it seems like the minute women get pregnant + have a baby people get focused too much on their weight.

    <3 Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  13. precious little family... so much love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww! He's getting so big! How stinking cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whats on your Christmas wish list? Hope you holiday season is going amazing, especially with that cute lil' guy. Cheers to new mommies :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. he's so long! he will be a tall one. and you don't have to have a c-section next time. it's not set in stone when you have one that all of the births afterwards will have to be that way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a beautiful little boy! you have such an adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg he has gotten so big. He is amazing. I love these photos, especially of the feet. :)

    TheSweetest Life

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have such a lovely family! I've been following your blog for a few months now, and I only hope that when my little one arrives I handle all the momentary bumps with the grace you do.

    Congratulations, and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Henry is such a handsome fella!

    Isn't it crazy how fast our babies are growing? If she wasn't my baby I wouldn't believe that Evelyn today (at a little over a month old) is the same baby in her newborn photos.

    I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Danielle! I found your blog a few days ago (love it!) and just had to tell you how adorable Henry is! Happy Holidays to you and your cute little family!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It really is amazing how the pain and trauma of birth completely leave your mind in just a few weeks. I can't wait for next time either (someday)!!
    Henry is SUCH a handsome little man! Your family is just beautiful Danielle :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful boy
    and an adorable family!
    You look amazing,

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning black and white pictures. You look so teny standing beside Hank :)

    http://notsocountry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. yesterday your twitter said that you were at the gym. damn woman! take it easy, you JUST had a c-section! dunno why youre in such a rush to work out anyway, what did you gain, like 20lbs during your pregnancy??? youre probably already at your pre-pregnancy weight. relax, don't worry about your body, enjoy your little angel instead!!

    ms_cheeps xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Do you have to get a c-section because they made a vertical incision in your uterus? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  27. He is just so adoarble. and you have the cutest little family ever.

    www.alicroshaye.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips