Wednesday, December 29, 2010

wonderful Tuesday

today

red lipstick kinda day!

red lipstick!

Yesterday was such a wonderful day.  I slept in a little bit with Henry, and then headed downtown to meet up with Amber and Adie for some girl time.  Henry came along too, but he didn't mind the girl talk and chit chat one bit. ;)  We ate lunch at Esoji, and I had sushi for the first time since I became pregnant.  It was absolutely delicious and I forgot how much I enjoy miso soup and a rainbow roll- the perfect lunch in my opinion!  I was so happy because H. didn't make a peep the entire time we were in the restaurant outside of happy little smiles and sighs, and the whole experience was really fantastic.  I still have that new mama anxiety about taking him places (especially restaurants) and having the fear that he'll cry and I'll have to leave.  But he was awesome, and we even went to Starbucks afterward.  All in all it was a lovely day and it feels so good to get back into the swing of things with my friends, and also to just feel "normal," after not going out very much over the past month.  It was so nice to spend time with my darling ladies and I'm so happy Amber is in town for a few more days.

It's hard to believe that 2011 is upon us, and I'm looking forward to making some goals to start the year off on a positive foot.  I actually really enjoy making New Year's Resolutions and I typically stick to them, surprisingly.  I think I just like any excuse to make lists, to be honest! haha.  But I will definitely be sharing my 2011 goals before the week is over, and they include both personal and blog goals.  One goal I can share now is getting back into taking photos more often.  It was easy to fall out of taking my camera everywhere with me while I was pregnant, but I definitely need to get back into the swing of things.  And speaking of getting back into the swing of things, I have one more guest post to share with all of you on Friday (originally it was going to be yesterday but I had other things to post), and then I won't have those posts to rely on anymore.  It is harder to find time to blog with little H. being my priority now, but it's not impossible and because I find blogging to be relaxing and quite the de-stressor, I make it a daily "must do."  It will be nice to return to more day to day posts, and start working on a few longer posts I have rolling around in my head.

Well, sleep is calling so I hope all of you have the best Wednesday.  Enjoy your day! xo


 Amber and Adie :)
my lunch dates

21 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your goals! I'm trying to find a sturdy/CUTE camera bag so that I can take my camera everywhere with me. I really want to start taking photos everyday. Definitely something I want to improve on in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty ladies! :)
    Love the red lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I wanted to say as well: So many beautiful girls :)! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty lipstick. I am definitely looking forward to more posts from you. It's good to know that Henry is such a well behaved baby. When I was a nanny to my friend's baby boy Zane, he would sometimes get fussy and cry when I took him places. It can be somewhat embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red lipstick! I always want to try it but am so nervous because I have never worn any lipstick at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look very pretty :) and who doesn't love miso soup!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the cutest ever! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sushi...yum!!! I'm so glad you are getting back into the swing of normal life. It's such an adjustment after a little one. H sounds like he is a really good little guy. Can't wait to hear your New Years goals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm I love sushi and also haven't eaten it in a really long time. I'm so glad that you had a nice afternoon with your lovely friends. I can imagine how much of an adjustment it must be to take a tiny baby everywhere with you. It sounds like Henry is an angel and enjoyed his afternoon out, too! Looking forward to reading your 2011 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What red lipstick did you end up getting!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy you had some girl time! That rainbow roll looks amazing :). I can't wait to read your goals for 2011! I'll be working on mine today.

    PS: lovely red lips! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are one gorgeous lady, my friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww you look gorgeous! and love the lips xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. if he does get fussy, please don't be the mom that hangs out for a super long time and irritates everyone in inappropriate places. today at the movies a mom brought her young baby and he cried and fussed for almost a minute before she left. oy.

    anyways, yay red lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love days like this and you've reminded me that I haven't had sushi in months. I'm all over it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are beautiful! :)

    I can't wait to read your goals -- reading others makes me inspired to work on my own list.

    Also, that sushi looks nomtastic. Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy sushi!

    I love red lipstick days!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Danielle, I am just curious about your opinion on Suicide Girls

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New year! I've really enjoyed following your blog this year. You have a very sweet/cheery disposition that I admire and I think it's so awesome how positive and enthusiastic you are about being a Mom. Looking forward to the goal post. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where did you get your shirt? It's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this is beautiful. Imagine all the reading and writing you could do... Cold in the winter though.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips