Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday

hi :)

Today's been a great day: the weather was lovely, Madeline went to the groomer, I ran about a million errands, and Hank got out of class hours early.  And, my parents are on their way up here as I type! Awesome.  Little Ms. Madeline usually gets bathed at home, but every once and awhile we send her out to get prettied up, and I swear she holds her head a little higher and and walks with a little more pep in her step following her shampoo, condition and TLC time at the groomer's.  It's too cute.  Just check out that pink bow!

fresh and clean from the groomer's!

When Hank got home we ran over to Lowe's to get a shelf for the kitchen, and then went to Costco.  I don't know why we continually make the mistake of going to Costco on a Saturday afternoon- people are absolutely crazy. Today for instance I experienced two women fighting over the last pork tamale sample, way too many angry people wielding huge carts, and I even tried to justify us "needing" a ten pound bag of green beans! hahah. I'm sure some of you know what I mean.  Oh, Costco!

And, when we got home I had Hank snap a little outfit pic- my first in about a year. Bad lighting I know, but it was already dark outside. 

outfit post

"D" necklace: Anthropologie
dress: Forever 21
cardigan: J. Crew
belt: I have no idea, I've had it forever
shoes: Target

Tonight my family and I will be enjoying pizza from Bill's (our favorite local pizza shop) and just hanging out. Tomorrow we'll be going out to breakfast and then walking around downtown, so I'm hoping the weather is just as wonderful. I need to go get the guest room ready, so I'm signing off, but I hope you have the best Saturday night!  xoxo

32 comments:

  1. Omd, girl! You are so gorgeous, you look great. Love that outfit! So, so pretty. Sounds like you *did* have a great day. I did as well. ^.^

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely gorgeous..would never know you just had a baby if I didn't already know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! I haven't had a busy day in a while, I kind of want one lol.

    The Sweetest Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin good mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great to have just had a baby! Soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cute. Sounds like an absolutely smashing Saturday to me. Except maybe the crazy people at Costco part, but then again that could be entertaining.


    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww i hadn't realized how much i missed your outfit posts until now! glad to see they're back. :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. My puppy loved her time at her spa! She'd come prancing in the door of the house, I swear twirling, so we all could look at her and her new scarf she got! silly doggies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your outfit! that dress is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. every time costco is mentioned, i can't help but think of modern family...and the episode where mitchell goes to costco for the first time. haha. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fantastic in that outfit!
    I love the cardigan..any chance you got it there recently?? It is one of my favorite colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so happy and healthy, good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am so glad to see an outfit post from you, you are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy sunday and great little outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh god, Costco gives me a panic attack every time I go! But once you're in there's no turning back.

    You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. danielle you look absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are thee cuuuutest person!
    Glad you're having a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh I love dog pics. And I love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! I especially love your locket :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your outfit and Madeline looks ADORABLE! I love it when dogs have a human-like attitude! SOOOO cute!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute outfit! I'm dying to find a cute yellow cardigan. J Crew seems to only have olivey ones now rather than bright yellow. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look wonderful, thank you for motivating me to work out! and I'm a Costco junkie but haaate the weekends there. Seriously, so many rude people and way too long of lines.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope I look that good after I have a baby! Love the yellow as well! You look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the dress and the "d" necklace.
    and anyone who is buying in bulk at costco does not need one pork tamale that badly!

    ReplyDelete
  25. the best days are the ones with the perfect balance of work and play! glad you enjoyed your saturday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. you are so totally adorable! xo :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips