Thursday, January 13, 2011

this morning...

hiii Henry!

This morning I am so thankful for:

Hank, and his support of my fitness goals and plans. I can't tell you how nice it is to have him say, "Go ahead to the gym, I'll take over," and know that I can fully enjoy a long workout while he and Henry have some father-son time every night.  Having this time to myself has been so wonderful for me, and being able to get right back into my workout routine has made me immeasurably happy. Thank you sweet husband!  As he jokingly says, "happy wife, happy life!"

Baby laughs, smiles, and funny expressions. Everyday Henry seems to smile a little more, and it seems like these beautiful little expressions are about to become more regular and reactive.  He's the most expressive baby, and I adore all of his funny faces and sounds. I hope a genuine laugh will be on its way soon too- I can't get enough!

Sleep. Little one has been sleeping like a champ this week and he's been sleeping for at least six hours at a time at night. He'll go right back down after eating, no tears, no fuss, and stay asleep.  Even if he's awake when I put him down he'll drift off within a few minutes on his own. I attribute this to our new sleeping arrangement that I'll talk about in my baby gear must-haves part two next week!  But really, being able to log so much sleep every night is pretty insane, and I am so thankful for this in the present...because I know once teething starts that may change. So thank you Henry for letting mama get some rest.

annnd...YOU! I can't express enough how much I appreciate all of your sweet comments, emails, etc.!  I am slowly working my way through all of the lovely links you all left for me to check out, and I'm really enjoying getting to know so many more of you, and find some great new blogs to add to my daily reads.  So fun.

As for now, I'm off to tackle a few to-dos, so I'll leave you with a couple more photos! Happy Thursday!  I'll be back later this evening with my "Slice of" post.

loves his mama!

39 comments:

  1. Such great pics! Love it! This post makes me smile. Big love to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw!!! I can't get over how cute these pictures are! He's just so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crickey! You make motherhood look so easy!
    That bottom picture is adorable
    xxx Violet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are so wonderful! Awesome that your husband is letting you have your own time...that is alwasy very sweet. I'm sure baby Hank is so much fun all the time. Glad you're able to rest. Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is so sweet! I so love reading about you and your family :) Baby Hank seems as sweet and cute as a dream.
    I was wondering - do you think you could post your cinnamon apple/steamed apple recipe, or other healthy snack recipes soon? I tried to find it the other day - heh, I think I found every other time you've mentioned apples except that recipe!
    Hope you're having a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Henry is such a little darling. Gorgeous boy!

    This is a great list! I'm a big believer in taking a moment to acknowledge & be thankful for the little things in life that add up to so much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww...he is so adorable! Glad that you're loving being a mommy - it shows!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the last row of pics in that little collage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh little Henry really has some amazing facial expressions. I love all the pictures, especially the ones where his eyebrows are all scrunched! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, he IS really expressive! Those pictures are great! My boy is two weeks older and doesn't yet know how to use his eyebrows like Hank does!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh! the many faces of Henry! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures! It's great that you are able to get out and have time to yourself and that you are happy! I just adore reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi, i just wanna say the pictures of u two r so beatiful! its such a joy to have a child and i am so happy for u and your family:) by the way u look awesome! such a cute baby boy!!

    xo
    Bre

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your baby is such a sweetheart!
    And plus: get as much sleep as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! His little faces are adorable. I particular love the one in the middle on the left where his eyebrow is raised, so cute!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's such an inspiration to me that you are full force back to your workouts. I havn't had a good workout since before my first son was born and he's now 22 months. I mean it, I'm really inspired.

    On a side note...great putting Hank down slightly awake...that's key. Both my lil' guys were sleeping through the night by 13 weeks and I tribute that to the drowsy but not asleep method.

    Hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ohhh, i'd love to know what your post-pregnancy workout routine is. Can you share it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol those pictures are adorable!! I loved when Alyson first smiled and laughed. :)

    The Sweetest Life

    ReplyDelete
  19. its so nice to finally see a picture of the two of you! i know you've posted a few before, but not often enough :)
    i love henry's faces too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. your son is the cutest thing in the world!!!!


    http://ontheblock-lu.blogspot.com/

    wolves and sparklers
    lu

    ReplyDelete
  21. he has great facial expressions! How funny are his little eyebrows? So cute

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL too cute

    Bottle middle pic = poo face. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  23. You make motherhood look so sweet. What a handsome boy.

    X,
    www.brittanyhavican.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a funny little monkey. i just love him. those pics made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  25. He is such a cutie! Isn't it great to have a supportive husband who gives you alone time so that you can enjoy your time with your little man? I'm really enjoying reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. He's getting so big!

    Love all of his expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh my gosh, henry already does a great eyebrow lift! ;) haha, he's the coolest baby EVER.

    three cheers for sleep! i'm so glad you're getting some rest, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  28. ohmyword he's freakin' adorable. come visit in sc & let me babysit that sweet thang!! & tell hank i read this post to my boyfriend so he'd know what i expected of him when we decide to have children! ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am in looove with the three photos on the left side of the Henry cube. Best faces ever. What a champ.

    ReplyDelete
  30. i've commented here before, but i found your blog right before i gave birth to my second son, so i've been MIA from the blogging world for almost a month now! anyway, i absolutely love the pictures of henry's many faces! i have a henry, too...but he's four already (my how time flies!) our newest addition is ezra atticus and he's almost one month old. it's so fun going through the baby stage again, it makes me want more! you really look fantastic, by the way, but i know how much the gym helps me feel like a strong mama....it helps you get through the week, right? can't wait to get back on track and read all about your henry's milestones!

    ReplyDelete
  31. he is absolutely adorable.
    it is astonishing how much they change in such a short amount of time.
    the miracle of life, i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! Little Henry is getting so big! I'm so grateful to you for taking us on this journey with you. It really is something special!

    Love Steph
    http://stephslittleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. here i go, one more person gushing over your little one. you all look so happy! i am envying your sweater, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awe, he is adorable! Your hubby rocks for that!!! You look great already!

    ReplyDelete
  35. oh my gosh! those faces just crack me up. he is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips