Monday, January 24, 2011

What's in my...fridge?


We've all seen those "what's in my bag" posts, and I absolutely love them. I think as bloggers and blog-readers we love to get a little peek into the life of other people via different mediums, and especially their purse, which is usually the thing we have with us wherever we go.  But how about a peek into someone's fridge?  Kind of strange, but also kind of intriguing since food is obviously a huge part of daily life. So, I thought I'd go ahead and do a little "what's in my fridge" post today!  Due to having family in town we haven't gone to the grocery store yet, so what you see here is what our fridge looks like after about a week post-food shopping. A little sparse, but more than enough for the two of us.  These are pretty much the majority of our staples, the only things missing here are a bit more produce, some of my usual cooked proteins/quinoa for the week, and CHEESE! We usually have a few different kinds but we finished it off this weekend. Oops! So, here you go..."what's in my fridge"!


1st shelf: Almond Breeze almond milk, a huge jar of spicy green chile, Trader Joe's Balsamic Vinegar, behind are TJ's (Trader Joe's will be TJ's from here on out) spicy peppers, TJ's chunky spiced apples, hummus, leftover salsa from last night
2nd shelf: El Sol Salsa from Costco, eggs, leftover TJ's whole wheat pasta, leftover pasta with veggies from dinner the other night, Ezekial tortillas
3rd shelf: raspberries, blueberries, Wallaby organic yogurt in vanilla and lemon

 
 two crisper drawers: ALL apples- different varieties, Honey crisp, Pink Lady, and Granny Smith. We're kind of obsessed with apples. In the veggie drawer there's baby carrots, lots of broccoli, half of a tomato, an onion, and a box of herb spring greens. The rest of our fruit and veggies are in our huge fruit bowl on the counter.


Clockwise: Meat/cheese drawer- Smart Deli turkey slices, Uncured Turkey Bacon, and corn tortillas. 
Door shelf 1: minced garlic, various TJ's fruit spreads, Curry paste, Veganaise, Apricot preserves
Door shelf 2: TJ's relish, TJ's Almond Butter, Ginger Vinaigrette Dressing, hot sauce
Door Shelf 3: Sriacha hot sauce, Louisiana hot sauce (can you see a trend with the hot stuff in our house? haha). TJ's yellow mustard, TJ's peanut butter, TJ's spicy dijon mustard
 

Freezer shelf 1: Ezekial English muffins, Kashi blueberry waffles
shelf 2: Edamame from Costco, Ezekial Cinnamon raisin bread, Boca Vegan burgers from Costco
shelf 3: bags and bags of frozen veggies, frozen grapes, Naan Pizza
underneath (not pictured): frozen chicken and salmon

So, there you go! If you're feeling like sharing your own, be sure to link back in the comments so we can check it out. :)

43 comments:

  1. you are a healthy mama! i love that, i try and eat all healthy too, we are what we put in our bodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to share mine once we move! Your fridge is pretty inspiring for people who want to eat healthier, including me. :] So, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only ever used green chili's once in a recipe..what do you put it in? Just curious..I think I may be missing out on something good here cause that is a big jar!

    Ever see the show Cribs..they let you peek in the stars fridges..my favorite part...I'm nosy like that..haha!

    Great post today :-)
    Vanessa
    www.grooveygrover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make me want to eat only healthy food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louisiana Hot Sauce, huh? That's my dad's company! Maybe I can hook you up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. no drinks! You only drink water??

    your fridge is a healthy food inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i kind of love this post and i'm going to copy it if you don't mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. loooove naan pizza, my mouth is watering

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing:-) One of my favourite things to do when I'm in another country is to go to the supermarket and see what kind of food products they have, sounds a bit weird maybe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. everything in there looks delicious and healthy! We've been starting to cut down on a lot of the junk were used to buying and stay as organic as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it. MTV: Cribs spin off :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your fridge. Are you vegan? You have a lot of vegan stuff in your fridge. I have thought about trying a lot of that stuff but not sure how it tastes. I'd love advice!

    Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, this just made me hungry. Your entire fridge looks delicious. The contents, I mean..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait until my post college life allows me to shop at trader joes. Such a great post idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vanessa- we eat Mexican food all of the time, so we put it in burritos, tacos, and especially enchiladas! It's such a good addition to anything Mexican. :)

    Haley- YES PLEASE! <3

    Sarah- sometimes we'll have sparkling natural soda in there that Hank's fam will get for us, and Hank does enjoy soda from time to time...but I only drink water and the occasional orange juice. That's it. Water all day!

    Erin- of course I don't mind!

    Sarah- Not weird at all, we are the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love posts like this! Looking at your fridge made me super hungry - breakfast time I think!

    I did one the other day with my fridge:

    http://princess-sputnik.blogspot.com/2011/01/photo-challenge-9-inside-your.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is so cool! I love this idea. Ah, you eat so healthy! I love it. =)

    xo. kf.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i thought you might be interested to know that because you've posted about quinoa a bunch of times, i bought some and tried it. i work out a lot so i was excited to find something with a lot of protein! thanks for sharing :) it's a new favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! It was fun getting a peak into your fridge. I felt like one of those overly-friendly guests that open your fridge and your medicine cabinet just to see whats inside jaja! I'd love to do this on my blog too, would you mind?

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're fridge is squeaky clean. I'm so jealous. I live with two dirty boys. :/

    X,
    www.brittanyhavican.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahaha I love this! So strange, but what's in a persons fridge can say sooo much ab them (like our bare fridge screaming "stopppp procrastinatinggggg!") such a fun twist!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love Love Love this. I'm like you, I love the Whats In My Purse type posts! I think I may have to do my fridge too!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have a very clean fridge. I really want to go scrub mine down right now. haha

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is suuuuch a good idea and a lot more introspective than a purse, in my opinion!
    Thanks for sharing - you made me hungry haha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. pink lady apples-- HOLLA!! ;) haha i really need to try TJ's chunky spiced apples &everything made by ezekial.
    xoxo nicole

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha my fridge pretty much looks like this too. i'll have to organize it tomorrow and do a "What's in my fridge" post too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that wallaby yogurt! We are getting Trader Joes here in July! I can't wait...currently we are driving 3+ hours to shop for our TJ groceries! I love your healthy food choices. Maybe you could post more recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I wish we had Trader Joe's in Ireland!

    Is only one of you vegan? I'm a novice and it's very difficult as there's not a lot of variety in stores here.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your fridge is so TIDY! I'd have to clean mine thoroughly before I could show anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  30. love it!
    way more interesting than what's in your bag posts!
    you've inspired me to clean my fridge and go out and buy some healthy foods ")

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh my word. your fridge is so tidy looking!
    i think i need to go clean mine now…
    thanks for all of your posts on eating healthy! that is a huge transition my husband & i have been making this past year & its awesome to see other people doing it, too!

    http://colemansinlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. lol u have way too much time on ur hands :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! Your fridge is so neat and tidy!
    Awesome!
    Some of those don't exist here in Brazil! Bummer!
    Really looking forward to taste them!
    I loved this post!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  34. love this post!

    Your health and cooking posts are always inspiring :)



    www.on-alark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this! I've been dying to try the Ezekial english muffins but Trader is always sold out of them. Where do you find Naan pizza? Trader as well?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love your fridge, stay that healthy :))

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love this idea! You inspired me to do something similar. You can check it out if you want :)

    http://sarahperacchino.blogspot.com/2011/01/grocery-shopping.html

    PS: Loving the inside of your fridge ;) yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  38. i posted my fridge! hooray!

    http://thecolorsthatendinurple.blogspot.com/2011/01/whats-in-my-fridge-and-happy-hands.html

    ReplyDelete
  39. I so admire your family's eating habits! Definitely something I'm trying to work towards!

    I love peeking inside people's fridges. I finally made time to do a post of my own! - http://itwasjustlikethat.blogspot.com/2011/01/whats-in-my-fridge.html

    Hope you and your boys are well!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks! Love your pictures on your blog. They're so good.
    Fridge's very excellent....

    Drink Fridges

    ReplyDelete
  41. i've been meaning to do this for a long time and just now finally got around to it!

    love posts like these!

    http://mylittleartichoke.blogspot.com/2011/06/whats-in-my-fridge.html

    ReplyDelete
  42. Intriguing topic you choose to write on. I like the way you express yourself, how you underline, so to speak, specific areas, on which you want the reader's attention. Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips