Monday, February 7, 2011

30 things

Hi!

Today I thought I would do something fun and include a little "about me" post.  Below you''ll find 30 things about me that a lot of people may or may not know.  I originally shared this via my Tumblr, but I thought I would do the same here. I think it's always fun to get a little peek like this, so if you're inspired to do the same, leave me a link so I can hop over and see your list!

But, before I get into my "30 things," I have to say how EXCITED I am to be the proud owner of the highly-coveted chalkboard thought bubble that I am showing off in the photo up there, courtesy of Ms. Rachel Denbow. I snapped this photo quickly with photobooth a moment ago, but I'm already dreaming up a fun photoshoot with Henry to do this upcoming weekend. I'm looking forward to using this cute little chalkboard in a variety of ways- photoshoots, saying hi/hello to faraway friends and grandparents, and I may even coerce my sister into using it in some of her wedding photos. I kind of feel like every blogger needs one just to do fun projects with. But in the meantime, I'm going to keep it on our kitchen shelf and leave sweet messages for Hank on it every day. Love it. And, Red Velvet just restocked them TODAY, so if you want one, hurry up and head over there!

Now, my 30 things!

1. I was born and raised on the Jersey shore and I will always, always have a special place in my heart for NJ. I really love it there.

2. I was set to play collegiate soccer until I tore my ACL/MCL the summer of my junior year. It totally changed my life, but in the best way.

3. I have a cadaver ligament in said knee, which is gross/cool.

4. When my husband asked me to marry him, I blanked out from shock when I saw the ring and heard absolutely nothing he said. I had to ask him to repeat everything again.

5. When I was in 2nd grade I got into a horrible fight with a boy (ahem, Aaron DeLuca) who attacked me for beating him in a race; he punched out one of my front teeth.

6. I originally wanted to go to law school. So glad I didn’t.  Instead I went on to get my Master’s degree and ended up having the best time in grad school.

7. I don’t ever want to work a “real” job again and I feel so lucky that I don’t have to- I love staying home to take care of my family.

8. When I met Hank I immediately knew he was “the one.”

9. I have a huge fear of birds and dogs attacking me. Not at the same time, although that would be an absolute nightmare.

10. In the 1st grade I was obsessed with Kirk Cameron and joined his fan club. Now that kind of grosses me out.

11. My Mom made my sis and I get pictures with Santa from when we were born up until last year, when we finally refused. It’s INSANE to see the progression of photos from infant to awkward teen and beyond. I'm thinking I need to share those next holiday season!

12. My most favorite job ever was at a bookstore and if I ever HAD to go back to work, I’d be a librarian.

13. My natural hair color is blonde!

14. I once broke up with a guy because his hands were too small and I couldn’t stop staring at them.

15. My first kiss was in a friend’s basement during a game of Spin the Bottle.

16. I kind of love the 90s and think it was one of the coolest decades ever.  Funny clothing, awesome music. Most people disagree.

17. If I could, I would cover almost all of my body with tattoos (hands, neck, etc.). When it comes down to it though, I like being able to cover up what I have if I feel like it.

18. My NJ accent comes out when I get angry.

19. When I was a kid I wanted to be a cruise director when I grew up.  So weird. First of all, I’ve still never been on a cruise, and two, what 5 year old wants to be that?

20. Dirty Dancing will always be one of my favorite movies.

21. I’ve been obsessed with Sylvia Plath since I was in 5th grade. I’ve read everything she’s ever written, and even wrote a term paper on her in college.

22. I think old people are super rad, even the crabby mean ones. I want to hug them all!

23. I do not like cats. At all. But I love kittens!

24. Those weird spore things that grow on ferns really make me uncomfortable and feel sick to my stomach. Totally strange that they bother me so much, but they do.

25. I used to have a reoccurring nightmare that I had leeches stuck to my forehead.

26. This one is odd: Once or twice a week I find myself humming the Indiana Jones theme song.

27. I feel my best when I workout first thing in the morning.

28. I was a dancer for most of my life. I still have dreams where I’m dancing.  And the same goes for soccer.

29. I don’t drink coffee but I love coffee ice cream.

30. We already have all of our future kids’ names picked out, and have had them for years.

57 comments:

  1. so fun! and oddly enough, we have alot of the same things! not a shocker though.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i sing the indiana jones theme when i beat traffic lights or make a tight lane change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! So excited to see how you use your new chalkboard, Danielle! I can imagine some adorable photos with Henry in them.

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I love the 90's. Everyone thinks I'm totally crazy, but I wish that I could have been a teenager/twenty-something in the 90's. The hair, the clothes, the makeup, the music. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the 90's music. Still listen to it all the time. Oh and I dated a guy with small hands once too. It was odd. Nice to know you better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute! we just did a photo shoot not long ago with our chalkboard trays:
    http://keytomytart.blogspot.com/2011/01/just-us.html

    and D and I write love notes to each other on our chalkboard walls in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohmygosh seriously, 90s music is the best. I totally agree with you on that.

    Loved reading these! I always love when people do them! I did one once but mine wasn't very exciting... I need to think of cooler things that have happened in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had your blog bookmarked for a few days, so I could feature it on my personal blog. Then I read this and I'm even more in love! Ha. From Jersey? I live in Jersey! Your accent comes out when you're angry? My NY accent comes out when I'm angry or too excited!

    You are so adorable, glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i once went on a date with a guy that had abnormally small hands. i cut the date short/almost nonexistent because it freaked me out so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't drink coffee either, everyone thinks I'm crazy.

    Ourlittlelifesicle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I have the same fern thing as you do! Now I don't feel so weird, lol. I also can't stare at pancakes as I'm making them, once they start forming bubbles at the top I get sick to my stomach lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "14. I once broke up with a guy because his hands were too small and I couldn’t stop staring at them."

    SAME HERE! It's weird and totally unmasculine

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a fun list! super cute picture.♥

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A. This picture of you is really cute.
    B. I might just have to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How interesting to learn things about others :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now I want to do this! :)

    I totally agree with you on the tattoo coverage. I'd love to get a chest piece as gorgeous as yours, but I have a pretty stuffy job and it would be hard for me to hide it. Annoying that society gets in the way of such things. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. a soccer player?! for some reason I cant picture you in shin guards :) I played collegiate soccer too !

    ReplyDelete
  18. fun! would love to see the christmas progression pics!

    i started a 100 things about me...
    here is the link to the first 50.
    http://imriella.blogspot.com/2011/01/100-things-about-mepart-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love this list! the little chalkboard is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 90's was the greatest decade.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This post put a smile on my face.

    I love the 90s too. I don't get why people seem to hate it so much! The music was fantastic especially.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your little chalkboard. Your "about me" inspired me to do that on my new blog!


    the chronicles of leah

    ReplyDelete
  23. This was so fun to read! I love that you have a Jersey accent but probably only cause im a Jersey Girl myself. Oh and #24 is so random but i agree totally. It freaks me out so bad!! I never thought anyone else could possibly be freaked out by that?!?! WTF!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i always knew you were a blondie! ;) you look gorgeous with dark hair, though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved this, especially number 30 because I can totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing! Maybe I'll do this on my blog tomorrow! I can't believe that you are a natural blonde! Most people don't believe that I am either!

    ReplyDelete
  27. so many things we didn't know about you. and i had NO idea you were a blonde- you can wear both so well!

    ReplyDelete
  28. FINALLY someone else freaked out by the spores. Urgh, just typing that made me shudder. Lets never speak of it again!

    ReplyDelete
  29. the small hands post killed me. hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the '90s too! I remember always wanting to be a few years older so I could have been in high school in the '90s thinking it was like the movies (EMPIRE RECORDS!!) made it out to be. A local radio station here in Georgia had a '90s weekend this past weekend and I was in HEAVEN! :)

    I'm the same way with any future kids I may have. I've had names picked out since I was twelve.

    ReplyDelete
  31. absolutely LOVED this!

    hubsey was peeking over my shoulder whilst i was reading. he was all "is that the dani girl with the tattoos? anything interesting in her 30 things?" and i was all "um YEAH, all of it. here, just read."

    and then, we both agreed: you rock, mama! (;


    by the by, wouldn't you know it, i did my very own little post using the very same theme a while back!

    http://poppymilkface.wordpress.com/2010/11/20/30-things/

    loved it. thank you so much for sharing, sweet girl!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've been attacked by both a dog and a bird (but not the same time) so I share those fears! AND I love the 90s. AND I hum the Indiana Jones theme tune without realising it whenever I'm doing something exciting.

    Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just started following your blog! Your life seems pretty awesome :)
    I'm only curious about one thing: why don't you ever have to work a real job again?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Whar a horrid little boy knocking your front tooth out, I had a similar experience when I was about 10. I got so fed up with this particular little bully, that a right hooked him one day, and sent him flying....he never touched me agin. Great, and honest post.

    ReplyDelete
  35. #14 made me giggle.
    i had a similar freaky boyfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the librarian shout out! Honestly, it is a pretty awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hahahah! Loved the post!

    And come on: "Nobody puts Baby in a corner".
    Heart melting...

    You're so cute!
    xoxo
    Duda

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ahhh I'm a blonde too-but shhh ;)

    ps-I'm with you on the small hands....it's just too femme!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm pretty sure I commented on this on your tumblr, but the story about the fight with the boy is so BADASS.
    Also, I really want to hear your Jersey accent. "Dani Sweetheart".

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very interesting & thanks for sharing.

    laughing. NJ accents...my husband have NJ accents also. You always a Jersey girl no matter what.

    I am not a cat person also. eek.

    You look good in burnett.

    I could see you as a librarian.

    your #25: I get goose bumps when people talks about leeches. I think I saw an episode and this guy had a leech near his eye. I almost fainted.

    ReplyDelete
  41. hahahaha, #26 made me laugh out loud! i do the same thing! and the other night i was trying to remember the superman theme song while danny was "flying' malcolm around, but i kept going back to the indiana theme and the darth vader theme, haha! <3

    ReplyDelete
  42. these facts were really interesting and hilarious. <3
    oh, and i'm super jealous because of your awesome chalkboard! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  43. So funny, a few years ago i always hummed or whistled the same tune when i was happy. One day in the car with my brother he accidently played the song (some technoremix) and i freaked out cus i couldnt figure out myself what song it was. It was the Dallas tv-series theme... Speaking of humming a tune...

    ReplyDelete
  44. When I read your #21 it made me think of this. http://www.etsy.com/listing/66404313/double-strand-embroidered-cuff-bracelet
    I bought this for myself over a year ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. you should never let the dream of dancing die. take a class again!

    ReplyDelete
  46. OMG we have the same fear!
    i am TERRIFIED of birds, you have no idea!

    Oh! and what a little jerk punching your tooth out! that kid prollie had lots of problems if he was beating up girls over loosing.

    :(

    Your seem like great person Danielle ♥

    ReplyDelete
  47. So nice to hear a bit more about you! The Indiana Jones theme song cracked me up. Did you know some kids from Mississippi remade, scene for scene, the entire Raiders of the Lost Ark movie? Totally amazing and so creative. This is just a part of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upqiq6MUAh0 I added your blog button, too!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I'm loving that picture especially your new chalkboard. Dirty Dancing! What a classic. I enjoy a lot of eighties movies. I decided to do this too since it seems so fun.


    Afternoon Sun

    ReplyDelete
  49. this was really pretty fun! i used to dance too.

    http://mysocalleddenver.blogspot.com/2011/02/30-things-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  50. I did one of these on my tumblr too, and now I have also made a post on my blog. I linked to you as well!

    http://porcelainheartivorytooth.blogspot.com/2011/02/30-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  51. Haha! I'm the same way about cats too....I believe it's just that kittens are so much cuter and nicer! Also, I hope this doesn't offend you...but I find it hilarious about the angry NJ accent.

    I'm sure you have a lot of people to get to know, but if you have the time...feel free to get to know me. :)

    http://www.storiesatmyfingertips.com/2011/02/30.html

    ReplyDelete
  52. I loved reading these! Especially the cruise director one. When I was in first grade I remember being convinced that I was going to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader and I can't figure out why!

    I love your blog so much.
    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  53. omg! Once I broke up with a boy b/c his hands looked more feminine than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love your blog and this is such a fun post! Sylvia Plath is my favorite author as well and I actually wrote a term paper on her in college too lol. I highly recommend reading The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath if you haven't already. It's a long read, but SO interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  55. http://delirious-rhapsody.blogspot.com/2011/02/30-things.html

    i made a list of my own this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  56. You madе somе rеаllу goοd
    poіnts theгe. Ӏ loοked on thе
    web to find out morе about thе isѕue and fοund most іndivіduals ωill go along with youг views οn this wеb ѕіte.

    simply click the Up coming article

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips