Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wednesday/Thursday

 heading out

I feel like I'm finishing up a great weekend, but no! It's only Thursday, and I'm loving it. One thing I am really, really grateful for is the freedom being a stay at home mama gives me. I'm able to kind of do as a please, and come down to Phoenix to see friends and family whenever I want. It's the best. And speaking of, this week something incredibly exciting happened for my darling Sarah...she got engaged! I am just beyond happy for her and Andy. Sarah has been one of my closest friends for a long, long time now, and we have one of those relationships that has grown and changed so much over time, and luckily, through all of it we are still here, together. It's amazing to see her so happy, and their wedding is going to be one for the books! So of course I had to come down and celebrate, and that's exactly what we did! We ended up going to Pita Jungle for dinner and spent a couple of hours talking and talking as usual. We talked wedding plans, engagement stories, future hopes and dreams...there were happy tears and it was just an all around amazing night. We got so wrapped up in conversation (and the good food!) that I forgot to snap photos of us, but I did manage one of our delicious dinner. Sar got the Macro platter (one of my all-time favorite dishes) and I got the Mediterranean salad. Now comes all the fun wedding planning, and I am so excited to be a part of it. Between my sister, Shirley, and now Sarah, my bridesmaid's card is full for 2011! So no one else go and get hitched! ;)

engagement celebration dinner with Sar at Pita Jungle

and here's a photo of the future Mr. and Mrs. Leubner just because I love them! Aren't they a gorgeous couple? Their babies are going to be beautiful.

Andy and Sar

Then this morning Henry and I woke up and headed over to the Phoenix Children's Museum to meet our sweet friends Anita and Natalie and their little ones, Lola Birdie and Victor. I'd driven by the museum before and had always been curious about what was inside...and now I know!  I absolutely loved it and can't wait to go again, hopefully when Hank can make it because I know he'd love it too. There were so many different rooms, things to climb on, interactive tools, art everywhere, both to admire and create...in one word: awesome! It's a total kid's paradise and I can only imagine how much Henry will love it when he's a bit bigger. Even now though, at 3 months he was perfectly content to walk around and take it all in with wide, wide eyes. It was adorable. It was also great to have some good chats with Natalie and Anita, and I foresee more fun playdates in our future. Love it.

Here are some photos from our morning:

museum

museum

Phoenix Children's Museum

sleepy baby

Natalie and Victor

hanging with H.

Lola Birdie makes a masterpiece

museum

 museum

Anita and Henry

mama and babies

awesome.

Phoenix Suns shoes

Henry is one of the baby loungers

32 comments:

  1. your cardigan is adorable!
    sounds like a fun week!!
    congrats to your friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a sweet couple of days :) friends' engagements are so fun to celebrate and glad you're enjoying staying at home. i hope to do that when i have babies someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the childerns museum looks like a lot of fun! i'm going to have to take Aurora there. you had a great couple of days! Thanks for sharing it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. The children's museum looks AH-mazing! How fun! And love love your cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also adore that sweater! And the milk braids (I tried them out myself the other day, I LOVE them). I just today started my blog (I hope you'll check it out!) and I might have to do a couple of milk braid pictures myself! Linked back to your lovely blog, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the PCM! took my nephews there this summer when I was 7m pregnant, so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like a fun day! i love your top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also rocked the milkmaid braids again today! I adore your cardigan and I want some glasses just like the ones on it!
    http://bthrifty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The picture of Henry with the big shoes is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, this is such a sweet post! And I adore your shirt. :)

    xo,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't remember how I stumbled upon your blog...but i thought i'd stop by & say hello!! your blog is fabulous!! Henry is absolutely precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i adore your cardigan! so cute!! ♥ congrats to your friend, sarah. that's so sweet! ♥

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome looking museum! I would love to go to a place like that! And other people are right -- that's an adorable cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where did you get your cardigan from? It is the cutest thing I've ever seen ...besides your baby boy of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You and your family are truly adorable. You are very blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where on earth did you find that cute cardigan?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a fun day! I bet Hank just loved the one of Hank4 in the basketball shoes. :))xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Where did you get your shirt. Please do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for all the kind words girls! :)

    The cardigan is from...Forever21! It looks like it's sold out online but I got it recently so it should be in stores!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. that children's museum looks amazing!!
    and congrats to your newly engaged friend :)
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun and exciting week! You are so adorable! And Henry is just too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love your cardigan!
    Hhehe lovely baby with soooo big baskets for him!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my god I didnt know Natalie and Justin had a baby! I am clearly very out of the loop. Let them know next time you talk that I say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  24. adorable pictures :)
    i also love the flexibility of being a stay at home mom...love it!!

    ~arielle

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am pregnant with my first child and I must saying looking at your adorable and fun photos makes me SO excited to become a Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That children's museum is amazing! If you have one in Phoenix we have to have one in DC!

    http://judahs365dayjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for sharing where you got the cardigan Danielle, it is AMAZING. :) I'm going to look at F21 tomorrow!! (I know this is an older post too, and I'm commenting on a newer one but..) I really enjoyed your post about making the blog world positive. :) I started a blog this year and want to add to the positivity. This is something I've wanted to do for nearly 2 years(!). Thanks for your inspiration and tips. I have been enjoying your blog for about a year and a half now.

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanks a lot for sharing. i was looking for something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't keep in mind how I came upon your website...but i believed i'd quit by & say hello!! your website is fabulous!! Gretchen is definitely valuable :) (
    runescape gold for sale
    FF14 CD Key

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips