Saturday, February 19, 2011

What in my diaper bag?


I've done the whole "what's in my bag" post before, and since I now carry a diaper bag most of the time, I figured I'd share a little about what I carry on a day to day basis! It came up the other day on Twitter when I was talking to my mama-to-be friend Kristy, and since I've had this sitting half done in my queued posts forever (and she's about to give birth!) I figured it was a good time to finally share! I'm an organized minimalist, so maybe I carry around less than most people, but I'm not really sure. I go between this bag, and sometimes Hank's Skip Hop diaper bag when we are going to be out and about for awhile, since it zippers which is much more convenient. I do love this bag though just because it's so darn cute and I love that it doesn't exactly look like a diaper bag, while at the same time it's totally functional. The inside of the bag and all of the pockets are easy-clean vinyl which is awesome too. So, here you go!

for my what's in your diaper bag post

clockwise:
  • pacifier wipes. Even though Henry doesn't use one, I still like to have these on hand to wipe off his toys if they fall on the floor in a public place.
  • breast pads. I'm terrified of wearing a cute, light colored dress or top and then being surprised with huge leakage spots. I'd rather be safe than sorry!
  • diaper ointment. Henry has actually only had diaper rash once, when we tried a different brand of diapers, but I keep this in there just in case. This particular one is from my Aunt Ellen, and is "Earth Friendly Baby" brand. 
  • diapers. I always have at least a few. We are currently using Costco brand and love them.
  • prefold cloth diaper for wiping up drool, etc. On top of that is a blue onesie in case H. needs a change of clothing, which could totally happen due to any number of bodily functions. And on the very top is a thin blanket that can be used for a million different purposes.
  • a book. I like to be able to read with him wherever we are if the occasion arises.
  • baby wipes. We got these at our shower (Earth's Best brand) so we've been using them. At home though we use Costco brand and really, really love them. $20 for 900. Awesome.
  • teeny tiny first aid kit for obvious reasons.
  • Sophie Giraffe. Henry isn't teething yet, but it's great to have a toy to keep him busy and distract him in case he starts to cry. He loves this little animal and it always makes him smile.
So, there you have it! I'd also LOVE to see what's in your diaper bag, so mamas, if you want to make a similar post, link back here or email the link to me at sometimessweetblog@gmail.com and I'll include the link in a round up post next week!

32 comments:

  1. I love that bag! can you tell us the brand or where you purchased it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a diaper bag at all. But my purse always has diapers in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a post, think I'll do the same! That giraffe toy seems to be very popular, time for me to get one! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. @briana kim: it's MBMJ via Neiman Marcus :)

    @Anastasia: that works too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bag is too cute, and doesn't even look anything like a diaper bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is the most stylish diaper bag i've ever seen! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love posts like these! Diaper bags or purses or gym bags... haha! I'm not a mama but I'm a nanny of two, one being an infant and I just throw some snacks, diapers, wipes and toys into one of my big purses. I also keep diapers in my glove compartment hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason I thought you were cloth diapering. I'm so going to be doing this!! I love your diaper bag though! Doesn't even look like one. I need a new one.

    The Sweetest Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jazmyn no cloth diapering here! We were seriously contemplating it but decided against it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute! i love the wocket in my pocket :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in LOVE with your diaper bag! with baby number two on the way for us I think its going to be fun to see what changes between what I did with my first to my second. I used to carry around just about everything with my first and I know its going to be a lot different now.

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have no idea how to link up without a "you're next" button...

    but someone else just recently did this too over at http://taranbrandon.blogspot.com/2011/02/getting-to-know-you.html


    but here's mine! http://babygeisler.blogspot.com/2011/02/whats-in-your-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gah, that bag is so fabulous, I love it! Such a cute idea this was. ^.^ ♥

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did one. :)
    http://smilesawakeyou.blogspot.com/2011/02/whats-in-mydiaper-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been meaning to do one of these posts foeverrr. I keep postponing and forgetting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a trendy diaper bag! Love these types of posts I could look at them all day :)

    http://notsocountry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this idea!

    I just posted mine if you care to check it out!

    http://mikeyashley.blogspot.com/2011/02/whats-in-my-diaper-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE your bag! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this!
    Oh when you do your follow up post can you link up the posts of what you have used for Henry. Like the posts on the Boppy, the co sleeper ect....my good friend is having her first and I wanted to send her all your links. They have helped me out tremendously. Or you can email them to me jessica.a.west@gmail.com.

    Judah has gotten diaper rash once, I use cloth and disposable, just cant seem to 100% commit to cloth, Im sure they will be better when he is a little older. But I had to use the triple but paste (Miracle!) but a mama friend who had two boys told me to use Vaseline and corn starch on his bottom when I change him, that the corn starch takes away the moisture when he pees and the Vaseline will seal his bottom so he wont get a rash, and his bottom is great! It was super helpful.

    Im going to get out his Sophie the giraffe :-) not teething yet either but my best friend has one for her boy and he loves to play with it. I'll email you a whats in my bag :-)

    http://judahs365dayjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it! I give birth in a few months so it really helps to see what other new moms are putting in the diaper bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! I have a question about the Costco wipes - do they link? (like you pull one and the next pops out?) I've noticed that the store brands I've tried don't and it makes using my wipe warmer quite difficult!

    I made a post like this one at http://babydollangelface.blogspot.com/2011/02/whats-in-my-diaper-bag.html thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love It! Your diaper bag is great! I posted what is in mine at
    http://ola-maes.blogspot.com/2011/02/whats-in-my-diaper-bag.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. My little 4 month old (betsy) LOVES sophie la giraffe! she makes the funniest faces when she chomps on it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE this post, it's my fav column in US Weekly! I just posted mine today:
    http://soulsingingliv.wordpress.com/2011/02/28/whats-in-my-bag/

    Everyone seems to be toting Sophie, I may need to invest...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Dude,

    Wow! Really, this diaper bag is looking so cute. A diaper bag or nappy bag is a storage bag with many pocket-like spaces that is big enough to carry everything needed by someone taking care of a baby while taking a typical short outing. Thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Craigslist Bank account Creator

    Here is my webpage: http://presentations.ala.org/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Quite possibly the most Channels, The Greatest Digital Hi-def,
    The Best Broadband, And Best Phone Services Available

    Feel free to visit my web blog Epson Powerlite Home Cinema 8350

    ReplyDelete
  29. Why This kind of Buzz Utilizing Iogear Handheld Keyboard?


    Look at my web blog: Panasonic PT-AE7000

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips