Saturday, March 5, 2011

Let's talk iPhones, shall we? (Part 2)

Happy Saturday! I'm having a quiet night in, so I thought I'd share are a few more awesome iPhone apps that I just love. If you missed my first post on this topic, be sure to check it out before you get into this second edition.

First up, Small Planet. I learned about it from my friend Liz, and the second I saw one of her photos from this app I had to get it. I was also pleasantly surprised to learn it was free! Awesome. Basically it takes a photo of wherever you are in the world (or you can move the satellite to wherever you'd like), and then makes it into a "small planet." Really, really cool. Here's one I did of downtown Prescott.

downtown Prescott

Another one of my most favorite apps is 8mm. It allows you to make old-timey movies right from your phone. I cannot wait for the weather to warm up so I can use this outside- I have a lot of fun movies I'm definitely excited to make. Here's an example I just put together from a few different little clips I had on my phone:


Over the past few months I've fallen more and more in love with Tumblr (except when it crashes, annoying!) but I found that the actual Tumblr app is the worst. Someone recommended the Tumblr Gear app to me and since then I've used it from my phone without any problems or issues. You know how every time you "like" or "reblog" in the regular app it reloads the page...well this one doesn't and it's SO much easier to use. It's actually enjoyable; super fast and user-friendly. I highly recommend this one! And, it's free!


I've also been loving the US Weekly app. Yes, I love ridiculous celebrity gossip, and I find myself mainly using this app while I'm feeding Henry. It loads the "news" quickly and includes text, photos, and videos.


And finally, Pocketbooth! I'm a sucker for old photobooths, and this app lets you have a photobooth...right in your pocket! Ha. It's awesome though and really easy to use. This is another one I definitely recommend. Here's Henry and his sweet Sophie the Giraffe.

Henry loves Sophie

Happy iPhoning!

34 comments:

  1. i really want an iphone - esp loving that small planet app. that is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I just wrote a post with Small Planet pictures for Monday hehe & I love that 8mm one! I also had to get the diptic app you told Liz about... What did you call me?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i love it all! i've seen the small planet pictures around the web but had no idea it was an iphone app!

    and i'm pretty excited about the 8mm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man i have like a million 8mm videos.. i love that app!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That planet app is crazy! I want it! Thanks for sharing your fave apps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this little feature! Thanks for sharing<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the 8mm one. Will have to check it out. Mind if I ask who the artist is playing with the video??

    ReplyDelete
  8. and once again i gotta say: i have to invest in an iphone. definitely. wanted to ask for the song in the video as well. it sounds really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need that PocketBooth app in my life! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've been seeing the 8mm videos and had no idea what app it was..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that little movie is SO FREAKING CUTE!
    i NEED that app... and an iphone I guess. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. tottaly just downloaded 8mm small planet and pocketbooth! My fiancee is going to kill me!!!

    I love this because I just got my iPhone so I don't know many apps. Great post now I'm off to read part one but I dont know if I should!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh thank you so much for sharing! I will have to try there! I love instagram, too!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know if you've already found it but Pocketbooth is great too! It takes photobooth style pics in the standard 4 frame format and there are three color options to choose from :)
    I also love 8mm! It's what I used to shoot my blog last week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gah i need to update from my 3g! its a dinosaur and cant do videos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE love love the 8mm one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bahhh I need the Tumblr Gear but you need 4.2 and I've been holding off on doing the update. Maybe I'll just suck it up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is awesome. the iphone and its endless apps will never cease to amaze me. i don't have one yet, but i keep saying i want one, if for no other reason, than for its camera. i love that pocketbooth feature. the 3 photos you took are adorable!! so, as soon as i finish my teacher program and become a rich high school english teacher i'll get my first iphone :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. UGH. I wish my droid x had cool apps like this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohh, I have Pocketbooth! It's fun! My all-time favorite app is Instagram! I am addicted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have a droid that I love, but I woudn't mind switching to an iPhone if I could get one cheaply! Thanks for sharing these cool apps.

    http://tomakelovestay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. holy shiz I need that app!
    have I told you how much I heart your blog? literally every time I read your blog I am inspired. <333

    ReplyDelete
  23. I went nutso over Liz's app when I saw it too! Henry looks so cute with his little friend :) Ans you love celeb gossip too, a girl after my own heart ;))
    Xoxo hope your weekend was super girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the 8mm video! Now looking high and low for a comparable Android app!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This makes me want an iphone so terribly! I love the small planet app!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am a new follower and was wondering what iPhone do you have I just got a 3GS iPhone and was thinking about upgrading to a iPhone 4 if u have had both which u recommend the upgrade and love the iPhone I am very attached lol never had a blackberry but don't want One Ian addicted to touch and the feel lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this. I am a tumblrer as well and I hate how it always reloads! I will def get that app & I love the Pocketbooth, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Girl, you're making want to get an iphone so I can mess around with all these cool apps.

    ReplyDelete
  29. i am addicted to iPhone photo apps! I hadn't heard of small planet but am downloading it right now! Thanks for the suggestions!
    & I can't believe that I haven't snapped up 8 mm yet!

    ReplyDelete
  30. i love your recommendations (in both sets) :] xo!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your iPhone posts Danielle! Keep 'em coming xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. awesome! i'm getting an iphone at the end of the month and i use tumblr. glad to hear there is a better option for it on the iphone. the blackberry app has the same problems. also, very excited to see the 8mm app option. that's really great. thanks for sharing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Entertaining and practical features and applications, these are the very reasons people now switch to iphones.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely it is :) G & G is intensely engaged in consumer, enterprise applications as well as mobile application development and software testing

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips