Sunday, March 13, 2011

My sister's wedding (image heavy)

Yesterday was absolutely perfect. My sister's wedding was a total success, from the dress, to the hair and makeup, the ceremony and reception, the food, the photos, everything. She's so happy, and that's the best thing in the world. The morning started off slowly, and my sister and her best friend Ashley came over to my Mom's to wait for Nikki to arrive with her arsenal of MAC products. I hardly wear any makeup outside of my usual foundation, blush and mascara so it's always really fun to get totally done up for events- lashes, shadow, liner, we did it all. I love it and love wearing it for events like this, but I'm not much of an everyday makeup kinda girl. It was great though having Nikki "prettify" all of us and she did an amazing job. If you are in need of a freelance makeup artist in Arizona, let me know and I can get her your contact info. She's amazing. After makeup Lauren headed over to Cosmo's to get her hair done by our dear friend Rhonda, and that turned out beautifully as well. The rest of the day zoomed on by and before we knew it we were headed over to the wedding venue.

Lauren and Abe got married at The Antique Wedding House in Mesa, AZ. It was the perfect place for the size of their wedding (75 guests), and the people there were incredibly accommodating from the very beginning stages of planning, to throwing a fabulous party last night. Lauren and Abe definitely give it their stamp of approval for anyone looking for an adorable and affordable place to say "I do."

The ceremony was beautiful and there wasn't a dry eye in the audience as Abe and Lauren read their vows. When Hank and I got married we had close to 300 people, and I have to say that I kind of preferred the intimate group that they had in attendance last night. I loved being able to look around and see almost every single person I love. There were faraway friends and family, dear friends from childhood, and you could just feel the happiness that settled right there under those twinkling lights. So, at 5:30pm, Lauren and Abe became husband and wife, and just like that their new life began.

The rest of the evening went by far too quickly, as good times often do. The Best Man and I each toasted the bride and groom, and after eating a delicious dinner we all watched Lauren and Abe's first dance to "I Got You Babe" by Sonny and Cher. Afterward Lauren and my Dad danced to Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle" and Abe and his Mom danced to Lucero's "Mom." I cried through both songs for different reasons; my father made me tear up first, and then again when I imagined dancing with Henry one day at his wedding. Talk about emotional!

The whole night was perfect. Everyone was up and having a great time, and I didn't see my sister without a smile on her face the entire night. So much dancing, so many drinks, smiles and laughs, photos and old stories. At the end of the night when Abe and Lauren pulled away in their limo I felt such happiness knowing that my sister did indeed get her dream wedding.

Hank and I got to bed very late after playing designated driver for a certain set of parents that had a bit too much fun (hi Mom and Dad! haha!) and I felt hungover myself when we woke up. Can you get a hangover from straight fun? I think so. The rest of today was spent with our best family friends and our family, eating and hanging out at my parents. The Grants came by after their night at the Marriott, and we all saw them off on their honeymoon to St. Lucia!

I was running around like crazy so I didn't get many photos, but I'll share what I have then post the professional photos when my sister gets them developed! These are a mix of D-SLR, my small Canon, and iPhone pictures. Congratulations again Abe and Lauren!



1000002891

1000002864

1000002900

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
 
.

.

.
  
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

this morning:
.

.

.

.

.

.

.
 
.

.

.

.

.

.

65 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos - beautiful wedding!
    Your little man looks sooooo cute in his little outfit!
    And I adore your "day-after" dress - the one with the little birds on it, divine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 75 sounds perfect and the venue is amazing.

    congrats to your family- your sister and her new groom look elated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Lauren and Abe! They look so, so happy! And she looked stunning!!

    You and your family are beyond beautiful! <3 Glad you had such an amazing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Congratulations to your sister and her new husband! I've been eagerly awaiting seeing pictures! You and Lauren looked really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone looks stunning! Congratulations to your sister and her husband! :) I love your bird top/dress. Where's it from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful and fun day! congrats to your sister :) you all look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sister looked gorgeous and so happy! Congratulations to her!

    And look how handsome Henry was in that little suit! Your family is so precious. I cannot wait to have one of my own someday soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Siiigh, you guys look so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to your sister! She looked amazing and it looks like her special day turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaww, congratulations to your sis - she looks so happy! you both looked gorgeous. :)

    henry in a suit is just about the cutest thing in the WORLD. you have such a beautiful family, sweet friend. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a sweet wedding. baby boy is growing soo fast, he is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so, so pretty!
    and i LOVE your dress from the next day...where is it from?!

    -jamie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos. Congratulations to your sister, sounds like it was a perfect day. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous! I remember when you blogged about Lauren getting engaged - I can't believe it's gone so fast.

    Congrats Lauren and Abe! Hope all your dreams come true together.

    Henry is just too cute in his suit! Actually, he's too cute in general, if there is such a thing as being 'too cute'. :p Honestly, you and Hank made one freakin' adorable baby. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats to your sister! Sounds like a perfect wedding. You both looked absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to your sister and thanks for sharing this beautiful day here. You both look very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous, many many congrats to your sister and her new husband xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, you two are seriously gorgeous. it looks beautiful and perfect. and henry in his suit looks adorable (and almost like a big boy.) congrats to your sister and brother in law :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. congrats to your sister and her husband :)
    you all look so so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats to your family!
    such a sweet wedding.
    love your birdie dress...would you mind sharing where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful wedding - your sister looked gorgeous!! Congratulations to Lauren & Abe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats to your bitty, and what a lovely weekend you had!
    I wish them a forever of happiness, and wish you weekends as gorgeous as this past one looked!
    ♥ ♥ &heatrs;

    ReplyDelete
  23. The wedding looks amazing. Lauren really does look so so happy! I love that white dress you are wearing with the birds on it... who makes that?!

    Great pictures and I look forward to seeing even more!

    ReplyDelete
  24. congrats to your sis! she looked so beautiful!

    and also, oh my god your bird dress! where did that come from?? x

    ReplyDelete
  25. congrats to your sis! she looked so beautiful!

    and also, oh my god your bird dress! where did that come from?? x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such beautiful pictures! I'm very happy for your sister and Abe. Looks like everyone had a great time. 75 sounds like a perfect number!

    Marja <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awe...such a sweet post. Congrats again to your sister. I'm sure it was a great feeling to see your sis so happy. Love all the pictures. Henry boy is getting so big and he's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yey Lauren!
    You looked fantastic!
    Henry is getting adorable by the hour! Please give us the recipe!
    Haha!

    xoxo
    Duda

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats Lauren and Abe! I am so very happy for them, and you are right, they look incredibly happy :)

    you look amazing too little mama.

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations to your sister and her new husband! Where did you find Henry's little fancy outfit? What a dapper little gentleman!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful wedding! Your sister looks absolutely stunning! As do you my dear! :)

    Congrats to your sister and her husband! <3

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations to your sister and her new husband! :) You all look absolutely stunning in the photos and the wedding looks like it was perfect! :)

    Your son is the most adorable babe I've seen! Handsome for days! I can't stand it!! :)

    Just thought you should know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. GORGEOUS!!! I love how you can feel the excitement and love on this side of the screen. So happy for your sister and your lil man looks ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. ps. where is your dress from? GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So beautiful...all of it! Thank you for sharing such a special day with us...

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful bride! I'm happy for your sister and you're family :)

    Is that guy in the blue button-up and sun glasses named Mike? I think I worked with him at Urban Outfitters.

    ReplyDelete
  37. 1) I wish I had thought of Time in a Bottle for my own wedding. Love Jim Croce's music!
    2) Your little man looks quite dapper. :)
    3) It makes me happy to see a bride and groom with a plate of food. Too many couples don't get a chance to enjoy the food at their own wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Henry's little suit is so darn cute.

    I'm glad to hear that the smaller crowd worked out so well - our wedding is shaping up to be smaller than expected and I've been worrying a bit...

    Xo
    Carly

    All This is Grace and Charm
    http://allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I loved that photo you posted of your sister's wedding dress on Saturday (and your day after dress)! What a beautiful day, and congrats to the newlyweds. :)

    PS. also loving little Henry's fancy pants.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wedding dresses and tattoos! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  41. what a beautiful bride your dear sister made.
    It looks like it was a fun day as well.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Such a beautiful post!
    I love how loving and sweet you are.

    What a gorgeous wedding and couple.

    Henry!!! Ohmyword, he is such a stud in that suit! So freakin' cute.

    You look stunning also. :]

    ReplyDelete
  43. wow, that wedding looked so classy in black and white. And you look stunning! Henry looks adorable in his little suit!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. You two are so beautiful! And I love love love seeing all of those tattoos. Looks like a very fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a lovely wedding! :) Your sister was a beautiful bride and you all look fabulous & like you had so much fun. Congrats to your sister & her new husband!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Lauren look stunning in her beautiful wedding dress! As did you in your dress, m'dear. ♥ I loved the photos! Their cake was so pretty. ♥ xo.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gorgeous wedding -- family -- baby -- and pics!
    Truly blesses you are...

    ♥cyn♥

    ReplyDelete
  48. you all looked so gorgeous! and i vote henry for best dressed!
    by the way, i think i got you babe is the simplest most romantic song ever. congrats to your sis!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Pretty pride, adorable sister of the bride, lovely family picture, cute little Henry... love your pictures, Danielle.

    Congrates to Lauren and Abe.

    ReplyDelete
  50. wow! what a beautiful wedding!! congrats to your sister! you guys definitely have the same eyes....aw, sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  51. oh my goodness!! Gorgeous wedding! Gorgeous people!!
    Your little man looks soooooo handsome!!
    And I love your day-after dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow. Congratulations to your sister on her wedding! She looked absolutely gorgeous. What an amazing dress! And you looked lovely as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Your sister's wedding looks perfect and you both looked stunning! As for sweet baby Henry, seriously CAN HE BE ANY CUTER?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Our wedding was about that size too, and I was happy that we were able to talk to every single person at least once :) What a gorgeous wedding, congratulations to your sister and Abe! I love her tattoos, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  55. you look beautiful! & so did the bride! congrats to your sister. what an exciting day!

    ReplyDelete
  56. i LOVE henry's little outfit! he's getting to be so handsome! you have a beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Gah!!! That last picture of Henry is soooooo sweet! A great post, Danielle! I'm glad it was so memorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. Great photos! Congrats again to your sis. I love her tattoos & yours as well.

    I hope they have an amazing time on their honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  59. where in the world did that darling bird dress come from!? love it!
    looks like it was a beautiful day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  60. awesome wedding! What kind of DSLR do you own? love the pics. they are awesome, and Henry...he's just such a ham!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. amazing!! looks like you guys had so much fun! congrats to your beautiful sister <3

    ReplyDelete
  62. Wow! I love the tattoo on the bride's right arm. So beautiful! Your tattoos are amazing as well. I really want a new tattoo but am having trouble deciding what to get. I might get some lettering. It is still up the in air at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Gah! I love weddings. Every single tiny little aspect of them. And I also love the intimate little weddings, too. Looks like your sisters was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  64. iWedPlanner is a Wedding planner for wedding arrangements which provides the necessary features to organize your wedding.The app reminds about the forthcoming events to plan the wedding .The app will provides a features such as Wedding Rings,Wedding cakes,Wedding shoes,Wedding flowers etc by a vendors.the arrangements for Wedding now in your hands.Have a happy wedding with the "iWedplanner".

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips