Thursday, March 31, 2011

a spring afternoon

Today was a lovely, lovely day spent with one of my dearest gal pals, Adie. I've known Adie for about seven years now- she grew up with Hank, and her boyfriend (of almost 10 years!) is one of Hank's best friends. Adie and I have in a way, watched each other grow up and into our now-woman selves...and that's pretty awesome. I adore her; she has the most infectious spirit and zest for life, and she's one of those people that is a ray of sunshine no matter what the weather. I am so grateful for our friendship, and the longs walks and talks that have been a part of my life for so many years. Today was no different, and we spent a few hours meandering around town, walking around the square, eating treats and sipping on our favorite coconut tea. Today though was warm, so of course the occasion called for it to be iced. I enjoyed a delicious fruit bar made from applesauce and juicy berries, Henry basked in the sun infused shade, and my legs were treated to a walk about our small and beautiful town. The weather was beyond pleasant, and it was one of those days where the sky seemed a little bluer, the emerging spring buds on the trees a little fresher, and even familiar blocks appeared new. We walked, we talked, I fell in a little more love with this place I call home. Hello, spring!

{please forgive the instagram photos again, my d-slr was too cumbersome for our walk!}
1000003638

1000003640

1000003639

1000003637

photo 2

photo 1

1000003644



1000003645

p.s. Here are the answers to the questions from my "Around our home" post from earlier today: the plates are from Anthro, my bird jewelry tray is from World Market (it was supposed to be some sort of bathroom tray), the drawing on our kitchen shelf is by tattooer Cory Lenherr- it's actually the piece on my left side ribs, and our duvet is from IKEA. Thank you all so much for all the kind words! I'm excited to eventually do a whole house tour; quite daunting to imagine, but one day it will happen! Have a beautiful day.

26 comments:

  1. Your little town looks so quaint. Those red velvet baby cakes looks super sweet & delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind instagram photos! I'm really jealous that I don't have an iPhone. That looks like such a lovely afternoon. Oooooh the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your town is so cute! I just love how blue the sky is in spring. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. agreed!!!!! those red velvet cakes made me want to fly to your little adorable town and eat some for breakfast. i still haven't rejected this idea....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I love the instagram photographs, and the fact that you guys have been friends for so long :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Hang out with friends is awesome!
    Lovely pics!
    Lovely post!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun day. Great weather, and those little red velvet cakes make me want to bake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so relaxing. Soak up some sun for me dear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, what a fun outing -- you guys are WAY too adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. im so jealous of how nice is looks out there! we are supposed to get a foot of snow tomorrow. those little red velvet cakes look so awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww that looks great!! I want to take Alyson out again today. The weather has actually been pretty nice around here!

    The Sweetest Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful day! It makes me so excited to move to AZ, even though weather may be a bit different at times ;). xo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my god. I want to visit so bad! It looks so fun/cute/amazing there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore that girl. I've only had the chance to see Adie twice, but I already consider her a friend. I can't wait to come visit you both someday soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. And again, that was me. I was logged in my other email again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great afternoon! I've been a lurker on your blog for awhile...but had to comment because I spied Sophie the Giraffe with Henry! My bff's little boy loves his Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. cute! glad you're finally getting nicer weather to enjoy the outdoors! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks like you two had a fabulous day. love the photos!

    coconut tea?? that sounds tasty!
    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, I envy that you can walk around in a skirt and tee - I'm patiently waiting for spring to show itself in Denmark :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I miss taking weekend trips to Prescott in my teens. It's one of my favorite towns.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE YOU, Danielle! Thank you for such a beautiful day and for the kind words. You are a peach of a friend! Here's to many many more beautiful peaceful walks <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always seem so happy with life, and I really enjoy reading that. Your town also looks lovely - I've never been anywhere near Arizona but this makes me want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love those pictures, and i know this is dumb but what is an instagram photo? and how can i get one? lol. i like the feel of the photos, it feels antique even though its not. kinda like old memories. anyway let me know! by the way love your blog! i spend hours on tattoo tuesdays haha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a beautiful day and you had fun! I love instagram!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips