Friday, March 11, 2011

Wedding Eve

Tonight is the night before my sister's wedding...and it is still a little surreal that tomorrow I will be standing up, next to my sister, watching her marry Abe! Where has the time gone? Last night was the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner, and it was a lot of fun. Lauren's friends are the sweetest things in the whole world, and I've basically grown up with a couple of them. And like I've said before, it's still shocking that my baby sister is about to become a wife. Crazy. But before I go to sleep in preparation for a busy, busy day tomorrow I wanted to post a few photos! The night went by quickly- the rehearsal was at 5pm and then we went back to my parents' for a luau in their backyard. The food was beyond delicious and we all sat out back under the glow of the tiki lamps, girl-talking it up until it got too late. It was tons of fun, and a great start to such a happy, celebratory weekend. Today I woke up early, and Henry and I ran quickly to Nordstrom to try and find another bridesmaids dress for me. My sister allowed us to pick our own dresses as long as they were black, and silly me bought mine two months ago and hadn't tried it on since then. I put it on yesterday and it was way too big, but luckily I found a much better one right away. Afterward I headed over to the golf club where my family was enjoying drinks and lunch on the patio. All of our family and my parents' best friends are in town from NJ/NY so you can imagine how fun and silly everyone gets. I treated myself to a Shirley Temple (yum!), hung out for a bit, then left when they headed to the pool so Henry could take his nap. Everyone came back to my parents' for dinner, and we ended up spending the rest of the night in the backyard, talking and laughing until my cheeks hurt. So much fun. Now, time to get some sleep before the big day! Have a great day everyone- I'll be updating photos via instagram (danihampton) and twitter throughout the day, so feel free to follow along. xoxo!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 .

.

33 comments:

  1. have a splendid time tomorrow, and congratulations to your sis! yay for having to get a new dress! isn't it amazing how your body bounces right back? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ribbon bouquet - I hope your sister has a great wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your beautiful sister! I absolutely adore her tattoos (and yours as well ^___^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I hope your sister has an amazing wedding day!!! She's beautiful and her tattoos are so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations to your sister to getting married :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your sister! Hope you all have a lovely day :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found out your blog and i'm so happy! It is very inspiring and lovely.
    Congratulations to your sister, and have a lovely wedding day!
    (sorry if my language sucks, i'm french!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh so exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly today (or tomorrow for you guys!) and you all have a wonderful day, especially Lauren & Abe! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh so exciting! Congrats to your sister. You two are just too cute and I am sure it will be an amazing day after watching the lead up to it via your blog :)

    I love that shirt you are wearing with the big bow! Where did you get that???

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw congrats to her and the ribbons made me giggle! i really liked your outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to your sister! Such an exciting time, I hope you and your family have the most amazing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting! Hope you all have fun aaand congratulations to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to her and her fiancĂ©!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you and especially your sister have a wonderful day. Have fun and enjoy!

    http://abeautifulaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lauren looks gorgeous! I hope everything goes amazingly well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Henry is so adorable! I just love his eyes. You have such a cute baby.

    Have fun at your sisters wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations Lauren! I am getting married on Wednesday, so I'm thinking this is a good week for weddings. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember my sister's wedding like it was yesterday, it was absolutely wonderful! Have a fabulous time and cherish the moments you are in! Congrats to your sis.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so happy for your sister! I wish them the best of luck! Have a great time tomorrow!

    Marja<3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hurray! Lauren looks so excited/happy! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. have a good time, take lots of pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats to you and your Fam, Danielle!! Have a wonderful time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope your sister has a lovely day! I love your shirt/dress, that big bow is just darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. hope the wedding day was amazing (i'm sure it was!) i can't wait to see more pictures, have funnn!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So exciting. Congrats to your gorgeous sister. I hope you have a great time and everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am IN LOVE with that bow shirt! So cute. Congratulations to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  27. SO beautiful! I absolutely love this post. Your little family is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. iWedPlanner is a Wedding planner for wedding arrangements which provides the necessary features to organize your wedding.The app reminds about the forthcoming events to plan the wedding .The app will provides a features such as Wedding Rings,Wedding cakes,Wedding shoes,Wedding flowers etc by a vendors.the arrangements for Wedding now in your hands.Have a happy wedding with the "iWedplanner".

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations to your sis on a beautiful wedding! It's a good thing you realized in enough time that your dress was too large! If you don't mind my asking, how did you lose weight in two months like that? Did you change your diet and up the exercise?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your sister is so sweet and her tattoo too :)


    Nixon
    Bridal Decoration

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing the information about the wedding eve. The photos and information will be useful for the engaged people. My close friend is planned his wedding using the wedding app and her wedding arrangements and planning was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips