Friday, April 22, 2011

Blog Spotlight V.6


 

Okay. So I feel by this point we have a little mutual trust going here, right?  When I tell you how amazing something is, you believe me, right? Because guess what? THIS BLOG I AM ABOUT TO SHOW YOU IS AMAZING. I'm not kidding. And I'm also not kidding when I saw that this is my number one, all-time favorite, best ever blog I've ever read. I know that sounds insane, but I just recently found Katie's Pencil Box a few weeks ago via a friend, and once I got around to finally checking her blog out, and after reading through all of the archives, I came to the conclusion that the author Katie and I are soul-mate friends. Not only do we both have silhouettes tattooed on our arms (I was so excited when I saw this and made Hank come running over to the computer), but we share a love for so many other wonderful things in life. Upon finishing reading her entire blog I sent her an email gushing about my love for her little corner of the internet, only to find that she was already a reader of Sometimes Sweet! OH happy day!

It's absolutely shocking to me that Katie has just a little over 150 readers. Not that numbers mean anything at all, but to me it seems like she should have a million people poring over her gorgeous photos and words. She writes about daily life, and tells her story with such ease that it almost seems like you're right there.  There is a whimsical, magical quality to everything shared on Pencil Box, and every single time I read her blog I am inspired to live life a little more fully. She gets me excited about all of the fun days to come as Henry gets older- she has a son named Max who is just the cutest thing ever- and overall you can tell what happiness she gets from being a Mama. From her gorgeous outfits to glimpses of her beautiful home, photos of her family and friends, Katie has created a little snapshot of her everyday life. It's a place of beauty, a place of whimsy, a place where the clouds are a little more blue, the grass a little greener. It's a place that makes me feel so happy, and because you can feel the love that Katie has for every single bit of her life, you start to feel that way too. Her joy is so infectious.

So that's why Pencil Box is my blog spotlight. I can't wait for all of you to experience it's wonderful-ness and become a regular reader, like me. So pop over and give her a big hello! Oh, and if you'd like to follow her, be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom where you can do so. Happy reading!

Here's to supporting each other, and finding new blogs to love! Have a lovely Saturday.


31 comments:

  1. Her blog is beautiful, dreamy and I'm compelled to read through pages and pages of archives... Except I'm definitely going to sleep right this minute!
    Thank you so much for sharing, and don't you fret, Katie already has more than 150 follower and I'm one of 'em!

    <3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts - You've introduced me to so many other great bloggers! Not to mention some stellar recipes and new music - When you have time, will you please do another playlist soon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Caroline thank you for the sweet words- so glad you enjoy these posts! :) I like doing them. And yes, one playlist, coming right up this week!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee! Dead Prez and Rainer Maria have been 2 of my most played tracks ever since you posted them - love it! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Katie! I've been following her since back in the day on LiveJournal, and I always look forward to her posts. She is absolutely the sweetest, and her blog always makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmygoodness, DANIELLE! I am SO HAPPY you posted about Katie! I've been blog buddies with Katie for years, we met back when we both used LiveJournal... and it has been such a pleasure watching the beautiful adventure that is her life over the years - she is truly a gem. I so admire her for being such an inspiring mama, artist, and lady. And aren't her & Matt the most charming couple?

    Best blog spotlight EVER. :) lovelovelove. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful blog, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww yes thank you for sharing! Her blog is truly beautiful. It's almost a shame that there are so many wonderful blogs out there that you just never get a chance to discover. Love this one!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for these nifty posts! I find such cool things from you :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I have loved her forever!! So glad you do too! (And I'm super excited she is going to get more readers, I agree she should have a bazillion)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been following Katie's blog for quite a bit now and every day I'm excited to see if she has written. Her photography and her joy for life and the simple things is so contagious! It inspires me to think more like her.

    I agree that she should have more readers! Not because it's a numbers thing but because she is such a wonderful lady with a great outlook on life and we all need to know more people like her! But at the same time every time I visit I feel like I've found a great secret just waiting to be told : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been a fan of Pencil Box for a while, partly for the great photos and partly for her simple approach to her life with her boy and her man.

    I am often suprised with certain blogs and the fact that they have fewer followers than you would expect, but I guess that is a factor of demographics. Pencil Box is Arty and you have to get get that. I hope your post brings her many many followers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Danielle! Thanks for sharing her blog with us! She has such a beautiful spirit that is reflected in her photos and writing. Hers is a blog that is a pleasure to read. I'm excited to follow her!
    xo Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  14. i followed katie over from livejournal. i love her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also knew Katie for years when she used to blog on Livejournal (oh how so much has changed for her since those days!). So happy to see everyone else being able to appreciate how wonderful of a lady she is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I follow her blog & found yours through her-- what a great post!
    I love your blog !

    xo.

    alli

    www.loveandtwentytoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful blog, i'm not a follower <3 yay

    OH and I tagged you http://sherixfirefly.blogspot.com/2011/04/kreativ-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. yay! katie is a long time friend of mine from days of live journal! she is truly a sweet soul and her writing is so special. I have often told her that i credit her in helping me through my postpartum depression issues i faced after the birth of my little amelie.her TRUE LOVE of mothering made me open my eyes to how truly glorious being a mother is. if you don't know katie i suggest you hop over and meet he. there truly are not souls this kind and sweet anymore! you will be instantly lifted at her positive attitude, love of every season,and living each day to it's beautiful best! thanks for featuring her!!
    xoxo
    adrienne K.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am thrilled a big time blogger has given miz katie the spotlight and i concur she amply deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I A-dore Katie! She is actually the little sister of my bff from elementary school. ;) (I always knew she was a good egg!) So happy that you featured her here AND so happy that I, in turn, found you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love, love, love this blog. I spent some serious time reading her back posts. Thank you for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I came over to visit you via Katie!
    Isn't she a gem.
    A gem among bloggers!
    She picked cocoa this morning over coffee or tea.
    LOVE that.
    Love her pretty blog and her pretty perspective.
    Nice to meet you also : )
    May you have an incredibly sweet Easter tomorrow.
    With love, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will agree... her blog has changed my life in ways she will never know about! She has a beautiful soul!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, you're right! What an amazing blog! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE KATIE! And I absolutely adore you, so this post is just the most phenomenal thing. Happy, happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  26. i started reading her blog a couple months ago, and i must say i completely agree with everything you've said! it quickly became one of my favorites. she's just beautiful in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love her blog too! have been a reader for some time and i am so smitten by her family and the wonderful life they live!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  28. awwww, i've loved reading katie's words and seeing her pictures for a couple years!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. thanks for the spotlight! i'm totally following her now.

    ReplyDelete
  30. katie is absolutely fantastic. i've been reading her since our old livejournal days and she is still just as lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Valuable info. Lucky me I found your web site accidentally,
    and I'm shocked why this twist of fate didn't happened earlier!
    I bookmarked it.

    Feel free to visit my blog post; waist height ratio

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips