Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lately...

a big ole nerdy hello!

Tomorrow is Easter, and tonight Hank and I are spending a much needed night in, making Easter baskets while he watches the OKC/Denver game. I thought I would say a quick "hello" (and post a silly photo, apparently), before I signed off for the night!  So, here are some of my "latelys":

Reading: Matched by Ally Condie. I started this yesterday on my Kindle, and I'm only about a quarter of the way through, but I LOVE it. It's really great and if you're looking for a new book in the same vein as The Hunger Games trilogy (one of my favorites), I definitely suggest it. Or, I should say that I definitely suggest the first fourth of the book! ha! I will write a proper review this next week when I finish it, along with Never Let Me Go once I finally get around to watching the film.

Watching: a lot of basketball, but not by choice. I just so happened to have married a sport fanatic, and namely, a b-ball fanatic. I will admit to you though, that I am kind of, sort of starting to like it!


Listening: to Mirah. When spring and summer roll around, I find myself listening to her so much more. Her music is just wonderful, and perfect for the season. Two springs ago I watched her live at the Modified in Phoenix, and she was just as great in person. If you've never listened to her, I suggest starting with Advisory Committee.

Eating: too many Cadbury mini egss. Seriously. I actually asked Hank to take the bag and ration me out no more than four at a time when I asked. I have the best self control in most aspects of my life, but when Easter rolls around I just can't say no to those heavenly little eggs.

Loving: oh gosh, so much. Being a Mom has made my heart grow so much bigger, and I feel like that love has transcended into every aspect of my life. I want to be a better wife, friend, sister, daughter. Just love more, and love better. Thank you for that, Henry.

Looking forward to: Taylor Swift! I mentioned it before, but my friend Sarah managed to get us tickets to her show in the fall, and I couldn't be more excited. It's certainly going to be a girl's night for the books.

24 comments:

  1. Yes being a Mom is the most amazing thing in the world..gives you a whole new perspective on so many aspects of life. I also have no self control when it comes to Eater :/

    Delighted Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to also see Taylor Swift at the end of summer! I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i found out tonight that canadian mcdonald's sell a cadbury creme mcflurry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cadbury mini eggs are the best part of easter, and now christmas too. im sure they'll be orange and black for halloween soon.

    super jealous you got tickets for taylor swift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHHHHH! I am so happy you are reading Matched! It's one of my very favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so sweet when you write about motherhood, little Henry sure is a cute little bug :)
    Have you heard the new Thao + Mirah album? I don't know if it's out yet, but last week NPR was streaming the entire album for free!
    Deanna's comment about Cadbury creme McFlurries totally rocked my world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending love to you sweet friend! Enjoy Easter with little H and all the fun new traditions to come :)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely going to have to check those books out! :] I love spring/summer music. I've actually listened to that spring/summer playlist you posted a little while back at least 7 times all the way through. AT LEAST. I love it! :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I so know what you mean/ how you feel about basket ball! My SO is a fanatic. I love watching him watch the game, I can't help but smile. He is wishing our boys (one who has always been in the 90th percentile, and the other "off the charts" for height and weight.) will one day play for the NBA :p.

    I'm starting to get a hang of the lingo, and have even picked a team. GO CELTICS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have been watching basketball because of my husband. I'm OK with watching as long as it's in the fourth quarter. Otherwise I get annoyed with the constant squeakiness on the court and just wish I were there in person to eat a hot dog at least. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Mirah, too. "Recommendation" has been Scott's ringtone for a few years (from even before dating!)

    I can't wait to be a mom, and there's this strange stir of excitement when I read your bit on loving a child more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh man, canbury mini eggs are dangerous for me too. if i don't put the bag somewhere hard to get too i'll eat the whole thing in one afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hunger Games Series= AWESOME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband is a sports fanatic and especially a b-ball fanatic. The tv is even set to ESPN in the mornings when he would wake up for work. NO NO NO. I have never started to be okay with it. I'm still fighting the annoying sound of sportscasters in my head and he's not even here lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's funny about the eggs. haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man! You make me want a kindle So baaaaaad!!!{sigh}

    Funny that you mention about "loving more" I feel the same way despite don't having a baby, I can only imagine when that (hopefully) comes true!
    Glad to know you're happy, young lady!

    xoxo,

    Duda

    ReplyDelete
  18. I understand the whole being in love with a sports fanatic as my fiance' David is a big sports nut. He loves his football, baseball, basketball, hockey. He also reads up on statistics and upcoming players. I think it is fun and I am glad he is so passionate about something.

    XOXO,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! I liked reading what you're up to lately. And I am super, duper jealous you are going to see T.Swift!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just read Matched too! although I didn't love it, honestly. felt like there was too much fluff and not enough action going on. I'm interested to see how you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips