Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5 things I'm loving right now:

1. Maybelline's Coral Crush lipstick. My sister bought me this lipstick as part of my Mother's Day present and I fell in love with its pink (but not too pink), summery color. It's the absolute perfect "daytime" lipstick, and a great alternative to red. And for under $5, you can't go wrong! I love how it looks when applied lightly- almost like a sheer, pink gloss, but it also looks great darker, as shown below on my sister!



2. Greek Yogurt. I've been eating it every single morning for a couple of weeks, and I think it's safe to say I'm addicted!  My favorite way to eat it: spoon it into a bowl and add blueberries, raspberries and blackberries, then top with my favorite granola. It's amazing, and so good for you!


3. Rilo Kiley. I don't know what it is about the impending summer, but every time May/June hits, I find myself listening to "The Execution of All Things" over and over, and over again. That album is PERFECTION to me, and has been the soundtrack to many roadtrips, outings, and warm summer afternoons, driving around with the windows down over the past nine years or so.



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

4. Lissy Elle's photostream. In one word: Amazing. Seriously, go check her out. I can't get enough of her dreamy, beautiful photographs.

Afterlives

Seeing Clear

The Magical Mystery Box and Co.

5. Picnics. I think I've gone on four picnics just in the past couple of weeks, and lately nothing has made me happier than enjoying the beautiful outdoors with a good, healthy lunch. I foresee many outdoor dining sessions in our summertime future, and I should also add what a great dining option it is for parents and kiddos!  No need to worry about a fussy baby, and no need to worry about a mess. Simply spread out a huge picnic blanket to contain it, and have fun! 

lunch at Joe's Farm Grill

May Day picnic

picnic

May Day picnic

May Day picnic

35 comments:

  1. ah man i love me some rilo kiley, and that album is their best. so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you blog :) and the fact that you love Rilo Kiley just makes me love you! Keep it up!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that lipstick color! Waiting to see how it looks on you with the dark hair.

    Hayley
    http://www.theweekendfile.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. rilo kiley reminds me sooo much of my best friend! and OMG! henry! i love that little mister! he's so handsome! definitely great best friend material for riley. ;) haha!

    <3katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been going on picnics as much as possible! Perfect time of year to lounge on a blanket under the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Better Son/Daughter is my wake-up song.

    Sometimes when you're on, you're really fucking on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your blog so much... so inspirational

    <3

    nicollesaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bookmarked that photo stream so fast -- so lovely. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great list of items! Thanks for the new playlist, too. www.littlemisslovelyvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your baby is so cute :)

    Claire M.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lipstick looks great on your sis! I think you guys have the right skin tone for that color. I feel awkward in any lipstick color so I gave up on that!

    I'm jealous of your picnics! I can't wait to start going on picnics when the weather is better. It's been 40 degrees and raining all day today and yesterday. It's May! I live in southern CA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovin' the lipstick, and that album is one of my all time favorites! Of course, the sunshiney picnics are a dream too! Great things to love.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish Rilo Kiley would come off their "hiatus." They're definitely top 5 for me. I saw Jenny Lewis live two years ago when I lived in California, and she was amazing!

    I've been impressed with the live music scene here in Phoenix so far.

    I'll have to check out that lipstick. It looks so pretty on your sis.

    turn up the rad blog
    turn up the rad creative

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh! rilo kiley brings me back a few years... and you posted all my favorite songs by them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried Greek Yogurt for the first time a few weeks ago and I am totally addicted too. So good! Way better than Yoplait. Bleh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love lissy elle's photostream! it's a wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Rilo Kiley, the lipstick shade is gorgeous, I need to try Greek yougurt and love picnics! Great post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm hoping Rob and I will have more picnics this summer since I'll be working from home. And I looooove Greek yogurt...Chobani all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Greek yogurt is my favourite-favourite. It's so versatile too.
    Oh and "The Execution of All Things" is definitely a summer CD for me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love those pictures from Lissy Elle's photostream! Really neat. I love picnics too, I really need to go on more of them! It just needs to stop raining though lol!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many things about this post make me happy - the baby Vans (my boy had them in purple), Rilo Kiley, and picnics. Sounds like you're going to have a blast this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want to like greek yogurt, I really really do. But the tartness just gets to me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those photos are totally stunning. And, I am equally addicted to Greek Yogurt. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think I commented before that EoAT is also one of my go-to summer albums. swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Have you tried mixing peanut butter, a little honey and a few shakes of cinnamon to your greek yogurt?! It's amazing and tastes like dessert...such a great post-workout snack!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm loving everything about this post<3

    ReplyDelete
  27. I totally agree about Rilo Kiley. I'm a self proclaimed jenny lewis addict, so this makes me love you ( is that weird to say?) even more!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is my favorite Rilo Kiley album. <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. i totally agree about rilo kiley and picnics! :)
    -kellie

    ReplyDelete
  30. So happy to see Rilo Kiley on your "loving" list, I have so many memories to all of their albums too!! :)

    & oh my, Lissy's photos are seriously breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Rilo Kiley is beyond perfection. I also notice I play that album much more in the spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Rilo Kiley and Picnics are the best! :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. i'm a huge rilo kiley fan! picnics are so fun! if the wind didn't blow so hard around here i would be the picnic queen! lol

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am 100% with you on the Greek Yogurt and the Rilo Kiley, 2 of my ALL TIME favs!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips