Monday, May 2, 2011

a May Day picnic

Yesterday my little family went on a wonderful picnic downtown. We got salad and pizza from Bill's, some lemonade (it was National Lemonade Day, after all!) and enjoyed a slightly cool afternoon in the grass. This weekend was the Whiskey Off-Road bicycle race, so there were things going on each day, from the day-before activities/booths, to the pre and post events, to the actual race itself.  On Friday my friend Lisa and I walked downtown and checked out the vendors, sampled some new Clif bar products, and enjoyed seeing all the fancy bikes. Today we managed to catch the tail-end of the event, and there were still some cyclists pulling in as we walked around.

Have I mentioned how much I love our little town? It's one of my favorite places in the world, and I adore the fact that we have so many weekend events throughout the entire summer. It's perfect here in during the warmer months- it never gets too hot, and the crisp mountain air is always refreshing.

Today we definitely felt some of that "crisp" air, and it was almost borderline too cold for a picnic, but we managed to find a spot with tree-filtered sunlight and the afternoon worked out perfectly.  We enjoyed our salad and pesto/tomato pizza, talked and talked, and really soaked in a wonderful Sunday.

Here's a video from our day today, and some pictures below too! If you're curious, the song is "Step Outside" by The Finches.  Happy Monday!



May Day picnic

May Day picnic

May Day picnic

May Day picnic

May Day picnic

May Day picnic

May Day picnic

May Day picnic

May Day picnic

May Day picnic

May Day picnic

May Day picnic

34 comments:

  1. What a SWEET video and gorgeous photos, as always. And your meal looks phenomenal, yumm! Thank you for sharing, as always, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend from Tucson competed in the Whiskey. Said it was a blast!
    Your picnic looked sweet. I think picnicing is all I want to do lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!
    I live in Prescott too, so it was neat to see something almost like a commercial for my town! =]
    I agree, the weather has been near-perfect here lately. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your video is just too cute! I'm in awe of how gorgeous it is where you live ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely, as always! Glad you had a great May Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love you & your little family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't help but smile every time it was Henry's turn on the video! He's such a handsome little guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so lovely, and Henry is so big now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, loved the little video! So cute, and you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little video is ADORABLE!!..0 I live in Peoria (AZ) and the weather here is pretty great, Ive been to Prescott a few times and the weather is ALWAYS nicer then where I stay, so I bet it must have been perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ack! that video is the best.
    lllloooovvvee!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh and your outfit! ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you guys are so cute! and you totally inspired me to eat pizza at the park :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love this! you guys look so so sweet. lovin' your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks like a fantabulous day! Also, I love your cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such great photos! Your family looked to be having so much fun!
    And lovely sweater also! I adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So fun! And yes, please share where you found that lovely cardigan! I covet!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really really REALLY need to try this Bills! Every time you post about it my stomach grumbles!!

    Hayley
    The Weekend File

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful day! I love little Henry's jacket -- Carter has the same one, but it's already too warm in Phoenix to wear much more than a onesie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a perfect little Sunday! You are gorg as usual and Henry is just cuter everyday. : )

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  21. GAH! Seriously! Prescott is SO beautiful. I vowed that if I were to ever live in AZ again, it would have to be Prescott!!!! Love the photos BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like such a perfect day and that video is really cute. Your little town looks so cute haha! :)

    The Sweetest Life

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love love love your blog! You have a beautiful little family : )

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Danielle, I loved that video -- so sweet! You have such a beautiful little family : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. amazing! your blog always makes me smile)
    and what programm do you use to make your videos?

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cute & memorable little video. I love seeing your happy little family.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are GORGEOUS!! And you have the sweetest family! So cute!
    I just fell in love with your bloggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my word. Seriously, this has got to be the sweetest and cutest post ever. You guys are just such happy people! haha! It looks like it was a beautiful day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. you guys are the SWEETEST little family! looks like a very happy day. and might i add how FANTASTIC you look?? seriously, it probably confuses the heck out of people when they see you out with henry - nanny much??! (-:

    love ya, lady! happy spring!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for sharing this lovely day with us!
    The video is perfect!

    xoxo

    Duda

    ReplyDelete
  31. That cardigan is adorable! I want it!



    Meanz (Koi Story)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Why couldn't it be INTERNATIONAL lemonade day? I love lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This looks like such a sweet picnic! And your cardi is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips