Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Henry: 7 months

7 months

7 months is so much fun! I love this age, and it's definitely my favorite month yet. Spoiler alert: I think I'm going to end up saying that every month! This past month though has been awesome. Henry's personality is shining through, and just like I thought, he's a funny, sweet, very independent little dude. And getting funnier and sweeter by the day.

This month went transitioned into solids, and started off with rice cereal (hated it), then oatmeal (also hated it), and a week later decided to start vegetables. Our friend Robyn got us the Baby Bullet as a gift and I LOVE it. I've been making batches of homemade baby food and it's just so easy to use. I'll blog more specifically about it sometime soon, but it's really a great tool. So far Henry has tried sweet potatoes (his first food), avocados, and yesterday he tried peas. We've been feeding him once at day around 4pm. Here's a little video from his first pea experience- don't mind my commentary!







Henry has also been moving and grooving like crazy. He has pulling up on anything he can get his hands on, and prefers to be standing. He's even starting to try and take steps while holding onto his crib. It's really weird to see him over by his toy basket, pulling himself up to pick out a toy to play with. I keep thinking back to just a few short months ago, when he was a non-mobile baby, and it's insane to think about what a difference those weeks have made. It's neat though, and I'm excited for him to start being able to get where he wants to go.

7 months

7 months

7 months

7 months

This month Henry:

is eating and loving solids
is still breastfeeding
takes 2 naps a day
can pull up on anything
loves to stand
laughs when you squeeze his thighs
loves swimming and being in the water
is starting to get very attached to mama
makes lots of babbling sounds
doesn't have any teeth yet
is wearing 9-12 month clothing
doesn't like to wear shoes or socks
loves being in one of our slings
really enjoys going on walks and jogs in the BOB jogger
lights up with Daddy get homes from work
is fascinated by remote controls, cell phone, and plastic cups
drinks water and breastmilk out of a sippy cup

7 months

As far as sleeping goes, he's been wanting to go to bed earlier, and likes to start his bedtime process around 6:30pm. That seems SO early to me, but it's naturally when he gets tired and no matter what we are doing or where we are, he'll curl up against me and start sucking his thumb. The thumb is ALWAYS an indicator of nap time, and during the day I can totally gauge when he needs a nap and when he will actually go down for a nap based on when that thumb gets popped into his mouth. It's almost like clockwork. For the past week Henry has been waking up in the middle of the night wanting to eat around 1am. He eats for about 5-10 minutes then goes back to sleep. I can't tell if it's because he's actually hungry or if he just wants to be comforted, but either way it's okay with me.

7 months

And speaking of eating, last week while at my parents', I left Henry for the evening to go to a show. He doesn't take a bottle anymore and hasn't for months, and our doctor advised me against using one this late in the game. So, we used a Born Free sippy cup my Mom got him. I pumped the night before, and my Mom filled the cup with a bottle's worth of breast milk, gave it to him before he went to bed in place of our usual feeding, and he drank the whole thing while sitting in her lap. He went right to bed and slept through the night. I was SO relieved, because I have three different weekends over the next couple of months that I'm going to be leaving him with Hank, and I was so, so nervous. It makes me happy to know that this worked well.

So, happy 7 months to our darling little man. He's the best thing in our life and it's only gets more and more fun everyday. I can't wait to see what this month has in store for us!  And if these photos are any indication, you can bet it's going to be a good time!

7 months

40 comments:

  1. awww Henry is so cute! my nephew is now 1 year old and can almost walk. He loves to eat everything haha, but i'm going to try peas next time i baby sit :-)

    Annis from handgehaakt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a handsome boy. I love the funny faces babies pull when trying a food for the first time! So cute!

    Is it just me, or has his hair lightened?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the 4th 7 month post I've read this week and apparently our babies are all waking up at night again! You are not alone, Mama! This month, Brees went from sleeping in her crib back to cosleeping and woke up at least 2 times a night! Oh well, nothing wrong with some extra cuddles:) He is just gorgeous and looks like such a happy little soul! Beautiful photos, what kind of lens are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, he is already standing!! He is going to be walking fast I bet!! HAppy 7 months to your little man! I have to say that from 6 months forward I felt like every month was thereafter was insanely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just started reading your blog and let's talk about how ADORABLE henry is...i mean COMMON.

    and also let's talk about how insanely perfect prescott is?? it's like my dream land, so thanks for letting me discover it so i can bother my husband every day about wanting to move there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable video! He looks like he's taking a shot the first two times the way he hits the table and makes that face. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie! I also do what you're doing in your video - try to convince my girl that everything she eats is the most delicious thing in the world. I think she's on to me though! She turned 6 months old yesterday and we celebrated by turning the carseat around, which she loves......and then I accidently dropped her when I was trying to put her in her highchair for dinner. Worst moment of my life to date. We took her to the hospital and she's fine, but I still feel a bit like the Worst Parent In The World.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked when my niece was 6-7 months old, she was so curious and lovely. She's almost 2 now, still lovely but with a *lot* more attitude, haha.

    Adorable, Danielle, you guys make cute babies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sooooo cute! the pea video is great! hah, and i love that mat on the floor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness I'm sitting in tears here. I can't believe how funny the vid is. How he keeps smacking the table like he just can't handle how good those peas are. He is so adorable Danielle! He always looks so happy and content. I remember when my nephews were in that age and soon my niece will be too...all the stages are just so adorable and out of this world wonderful. you are so blessed!
    love it
    :)

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww he's so sdorable! What a beautiful little smile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a SWEEEEET boy! Cutie.

    ! I am yours new reader from Finland, just wanted to say hello, so "hello" :) (Sorry my bad english) You have very nice blog! :)
    t.Inka

    ReplyDelete
  13. gosh I feel like he is growing so fast! I love his dance moves in the last pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay 7 months! he's so adorable.

    Also, the end of that video when he looks into the camera is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these posts. Henry is getting cuter by the minute. It's nice that he goes down at 6:30 every night so you and Hank have some time together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this just can't be true - already 7 months???? i was away from the internet for a while and wow what a surprise :)
    anyway, he's so,so,so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww...happy 10 month old birthday to him! He is so adorable!

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  18. He is so cute! I loved when he started sucking his thumb and you were like "You like your thumb better"
    So Darling<3

    ReplyDelete
  19. The video of him eating peas is the cutest thing! I about died laughing at his expression after eating his first bite. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I laughed at that, "it's better than a thumb, I think" comment. Henry is such a cute, happy baby! I don't have a kid but I think it's interesting that you skipped the bottle all together. That seems really cool to me for some reason! I guess I didn't think a 7 month old could use a sippy cup. Nice job Henry, high five!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I remember those days! I have 3 girls that are 9, 7 and 6. It's crazy how the time flies. It feels like yesterday our youngest just started walking and to think she will be in the 1st grade this fall blows my mind! Henry is such a cute little boy!

    Eric from http://lifeinafathead.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. awww happy 7 months Henry.

    I can really relate this all the happenings and the growth he is going through. Ive been nannying for a baby girl since she was 3 months old and in the last 5 months I have just loved seeing her grow and develope. Im loving the 8 month stage right now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. HAHA lookit that face with the peas. :P So adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful baby! Looking forward to more updates. :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. He's so adorable! And he's pulling up exciting! I love your blog you now have a new follower! Come and check out my blog Precious Couture, I'm a mom-to-be who can't wait to chase my little one around!

    http://preciouschic.blogspot.com

    Nakia

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's beautiful how you describe each month with Henry. Should be an amazing experience.
    so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. SOOOOO cute, oh my god. The video was especially adorable. Your commentary was so right now, sounded like me when i was nannying a little baby last year. You sound like a good momma, filled with love and laughter <3

    xo moorea

    ReplyDelete
  28. He looks so ridiculously happy! Such a beautiful boy!

    Kacie
    http://www.acollectionofpassions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Look at him, he's growing up so fast! You can just tell from his pictures that he's got a great personality :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. this boy is too cute!!! happy 7 months little man!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This was such a cute post, I die! OH my gosh. hehe! I cannot believe he is already 7 months; happy 7 months to the little man. ^_^ <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Random but I recently got that SAME fabric at joannes fabrics here in La!! For my curtains after I was inspired by your tablecloth or curtain post!

    ReplyDelete
  33. He's such an adorable boy! I love the video. His face after the first bite is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh well, nothing wrong with some extra cuddles:) He is just gorgeous and looks like such a happy little soul! Beautiful photos, what kind of lens are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love reading his updates and though I love all the photos, the ending set is my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. He is so so cute :) !! Very handsome boy.

    http://notsocountry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. that video with the peas is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love these posts. Henry is getting cuter by the minute.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Well this post is really awesome..It is heart touching..I can really relate this all the happenings and the growth he is going through..Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  40. Well these babies are too cute.. I keep thinking back to just a few short months ago, when he was a non-mobile baby, and it's insane to think about what a difference those weeks have made.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips